Nostradamus Lives Tex to stay, Dangerfield to leave

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickering just about confirmed that when he stated they approached the Swans about the move shortly after the 2012 Grand Final. Then we got the rhetoric from Buddy all 2013 about how much he loves the club but it's hard to not believe he knew what he was doing well before the the free agency period opened.
The funny thing was, Pickering accidentally nearly leaked it all. In a radio interview towards the end of the season he was answering questions on Buddy and said there is only an offer from Sydney atm but then quickly changed it to GWS. Nobody thought much of it and thought he just mixed the 2 up.

In my opinion, if Danger isn't in a cats guernsey in 2016 then I'll be seriously shocked. 95% chance he will be there as I believe (own thoughts) that he has already decided and a deal would have been put forth to him.

The only way I see him in any other colours other than Geelongs is if Adelaide finish top 4 and have a big finals campaign and Geelong struggle or if another Melb club offer a godfather deal.

I wonder how big an influence Geelong's year will have on his decision.

If the Cats finish 7-8th or lower, would he move there?

Top 4 - Hawks, Port, Sydney - locks. Cats a chance for 4th. But equally, could slip to 7th or 8th.

Pickering just about confirmed that when he stated they approached the Swans about the move shortly after the 2012 Grand Final. Then we got the rhetoric from Buddy all 2013 about how much he loves the club but it's hard to not believe he knew what he was doing well before the the free agency period opened.

I think the difference that was pointed out is that both GAJ and now Buddy would both have known the approximate size of the offer and they were both huge. If it turns out to be Geelong, the money will be about the same, so the base reason for leaving is possibly different. Obviously, I'm assuming the money was a big factor in both those blokes changing clubs. I still think there's a fair chance he'll end up taking a huge offer at a melbourne club.

Collingwood will be a player you'd reckon. Should have lots of room in the cap after Shaw and Beams departures.

But speculation over Buckley's quality may factor.

Best chance for premiership success lies in NSW, QLD or crossing to Alberton.

I think the difference that was pointed out is that both GAJ and now Buddy would both have known the approximate size of the offer and they were both huge. If it turns out to be Geelong, the money will be about the same, so the base reason for leaving is possibly different. Obviously, I'm assuming the money was a big factor in both those blokes changing clubs. I still think there's a fair chance he'll end up taking a huge offer at a melbourne club.
Nothing Dangerfield has said to date should fill Crows fans with confidence. Does anyone believe he genuinely hasn't decided and is not swaying one way or the other? No doubt he is already aware of which clubs are interested in his services and what sort of guaranteed salary he can receive if he chooses to walk. Free agency contracts are guaranteed and can't be re-worked where as non-FA contracts are often re-worked. That's why the Swans' offer to Buddy was so appealing. Hard to say no to $10 million guaranteed.

As we've seen with GWS, sometimes money is not enough. For that reason some of the Melbourne-based clubs are likely already out of the race for Danger. But let's take Danger at his word. If he genuinely hasn't made up his mind, when will he? How many games need to pass for him to make his mind? Surely such a big decision can't be made after the first four weeks of a season so this one is likely to stretch out until at least May.

If Dangerfield isn't gone where did they find the money to offer Cameron that massive deal over 7 years?

Everyone knows that was the money set aside for Dangerfield.

The mystery out of all of this, is why hasn't sloane signed. My guess is they all know danger is gone, so they'll wait for it to be pretty much official then he'll get better terms

If Dangerfield isn't gone where did they find the money to offer Cameron that massive deal over 7 years?

The mystery out of all of this, is why hasn't sloane signed. My guess is they all know danger is gone, so they'll wait for it to be pretty much official then he'll get better terms

I'm reasonably inclined to take a Danger at his word regarding not have come to a firm decision. Good money to stay, good money at Geelong and crazy money at a lowly melbourne based club. Re Cameron's offer, it is interesting. Would we be the first club to have publicly tried to spend the cap space on an import before an incumbant has officially left the building. What we've heard is that the club hasn't even officially tabled an offer as they are waiting to see the result of some recent tinkering with footy ops.

Sloane, for mine, is much more of a concern. He's publicly stated his intent to stay and yet there's a delay. In the middle of this is his call for a loyalty bonus, so money is at the forefront of his mind. He's clearly been offered something hard to turn down and its delaying what appeared a certain extension.

In terms of a cultural loss, we cannot afford to lose both. If one does go and we divert $400k to the other, even if it is overpaying, then we're probably in the ballpark of the crazy money at least. Of course, that may not keep Danger if his 'success over remuneration' statements are true.

I'm reasonably inclined to take a Danger at his word regarding not have come to a firm decision. Good money to stay, good money at Geelong and crazy money at a lowly melbourne based club. Re Cameron's offer, it is interesting. Would we be the first club to have publicly tried to spend the cap space on an import before an incumbant has officially left the building. What we've heard is that the club hasn't even officially tabled an offer as they are waiting to see the result of some recent tinkering with footy ops.

Sloane, for mine, is much more of a concern. He's publicly stated his intent to stay and yet there's a delay. In the middle of this is his call for a loyalty bonus, so money is at the forefront of his mind. He's clearly been offered something hard to turn down and its delaying what appeared a certain extension.

In terms of a cultural loss, we cannot afford to lose both. If one does go and we divert $400k to the other, even if it is overpaying, then we're probably in the ballpark of the crazy money at least. Of course, that may not keep Danger if his 'success over remuneration' statements are true.

I think you have a good point here. Everyone is flapping about Danger yet Sloane ( who I think is far less likely to leave btw) is still on the sidelines.
There is clearly an issue holding him back. Perhaps its funds and terms and the AFC wont go higher as they need to keep the powder dry for PD.
Of course, that makes the JC offer interesting. Where they robbing PD to pay JC? Or was it outside their structured offers?

It is very interesting. Also, the St Kilda rumours for Sloane( which I think we just that) took a turn with Steven re-signing. Does not take all their SC but it certain takes a chunk.

Its going to be a long ride and we have not seen all the turns yet I feel.

Go Catters

He's definitely gone. It's like the Boak episode, make him captain and he stays.
Now he's not captain he's off. I'd rather have Sloane anyway.
I've got a feeling he won't get to Geelong. This is Buddy all over again and Geelong are the new GWS.

I think you have a good point here. Everyone is flapping about Danger yet Sloane ( who I think is far less likely to leave btw) is still on the sidelines.
There is clearly an issue holding him back. Perhaps its funds and terms and the AFC wont go higher as they need to keep the powder dry for PD.
Of course, that makes the JC offer interesting. Where they robbing PD to pay JC? Or was it outside their structured offers?

It is very interesting. Also, the St Kilda rumours for Sloane( which I think we just that) took a turn with Steven re-signing. Does not take all their SC but it certain takes a chunk.

Its going to be a long ride and we have not seen all the turns yet I feel.

Go Catters
Sloane in the media today saying its not far off.

That plus the Steven re signing suggests Some dominoes may be starting to fall.

He's definitely gone. It's like the Boak episode, make him captain and he stays.
I've got a feeling he won't get to Geelong. This is Buddy all over again and Geelong are the new GWS.
He may go but I don't think the captaincy should be a bargaining chip when trying to sign a player.

Salary cap will go up considerably in the next five years so it isn't that far of a stretch to suggest we could have both. Plus we just cleared out a fair chunk of our cap last year with Rutten and Porplyzia going (plus some other relatively experienced guys). Tippett money still being carried over from a couple of years ago. Adelaide's list profile is quite young really, only the top players are on any money worthy of note.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant wait till we get all the R1 picks..just one P1 would be nice.

That's not how it went..!!

Definately not - People seem to think that Port threw the captaincy to keep him...

In reality, Port would have thrown a whole lot more cash at Boak to keep him. There is no way Geelong would have got close to Port Adelaide's contract offer back then... Who else was taking up Port's cap space?

Sloane being targeted by the Tigers, all the talk on PD.

Its like targetting a bird at a nightlcub.... every bloke goes for the 10/10 but only 1 bloke gets her, whilst they all ruin their chances with all the other girls.
The smart bloke goes for the 9.5/10 who is getting zero attention due to the 10/10 standing next to her, takes her home nearly every time.

PD 10/10 (not actually in my eyes) , being lured by 17 clubs only 1 gets him
RS 9.5/10 being lured by the Tiges, go home together to get it on!

Sloane being targeted by the Tigers, all the talk on PD.

Its like targetting a bird at a nightlcub.... every bloke goes for the 10/10 but only 1 bloke gets her, whilst they all ruin their chances with all the other girls.
The smart bloke goes for the 9.5/10 who is getting zero attention due to the 10/10 standing next to her, takes her home nearly every time.

PD 10/10 (not actually in my eyes) , being lured by 17 clubs only 1 gets him
RS 9.5/10 being lured by the Tiges, go home together to get it on!

Didn't Sloane sign/is about to sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back