Nostradamus Lives Tex to stay, Dangerfield to leave

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dangerfield leaving has briefly crossed my mind. Now, I don't know his contract situation, FA eligibility etc, but if he was to leave, one would have thought it would be a return to Victoria? Who would be in the box seat to land him? Hawthorn perhaps?
Geelong.

bryce gibbs for p dangerfield

although i think thats a bit unfair on adelaide

however if he is leaving why not hey?

Hawks probably have the $$ with #23 taking himself elsewhere.
If it about more than $$, then we are in the hunt. If its about recent success we are pretty even.
Perhaps it then comes down to lists now and in 3 years. Both have talent coming thru ( recent VFL flags) - maybe our noses slightly in front with Vets retiring and new blood coming thru. Not sure of status at Hawks and who specifically will go at years end and next year….Lewis, Burgoyne, Lake, Mitchell, Hodge, Sewell, Roughy etc vs Bartel, Boris, SJ, Stokes….

It could be quite the quest…. Then again, aren't they always?

Go Catters

It will interesting to see if Geelong are willing to break their policy of not overpaying for certain players. If they want him they'll have to offer 900k minimum.

Be shocked to see us overpay. He has said as much its about flags and opportunities to win them. Cats, Hawks and the newbies over the next 3 years.
Hawks have the $$. GWS and GC probably don't have the salary cap space with the sharks already circling their players…

And he wants to be near his family…. Who knows what happens but it'd nice to be in the hunt…

Go Catters

Be shocked to see us overpay. He has said as much its about flags and opportunities to win them. Cats, Hawks and the newbies over the next 3 years.
Hawks have the $$. GWS and GC probably don't have the salary cap space with the sharks already circling their players…

And he wants to be near his family…. Who knows what happens but it'd nice to be in the hunt…

Go Catters

That might be true but if an outside club offers Danger 600-800k Adelaide only need to match that offer to keep him, or am I completely wrong? Can't remember...

Yeah that's true -

Though no clubs have matched any bids on restricted agents yet...
If they're only offering him $600-800 a year then it would be matched, it's definitely not overs for him, actually anything under $700k would be unders considering what the likes of Gibbs are asking. If going as a RFA price would be somewhere around $3.5m over 4 years for him.

I wouldn't get too worked up about threads like this - Adelaide supporters are about to go through what Hawthorn went through with Buddy, Collingwood with Cloke, Geelong with Ablett Jr -
I'm pretty sure we already went through that with Tippett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True but to pry danger out of Adelaide's hand so they can't match the offer it will have to exceed 800k at a bare minimum if not a million. I can't see Geelong offering that sort of money tbh.

Im sure at the RFA status the current club has the option to meet the new club bid - Im also not aware if the player wants to leave whether he can take the lesser offer from the new club and leave. Im sure its possible but unlikely. Either way, its gonna be interesting and if Adelaide's losses pile up and Sando starts getting heat ( not really warranted I reckon) that won't help the stability situation .

GO Catters

Im sure at the RFA status the current club has the option to meet the new club bid - Im also not aware if the player wants to leave whether he can take the lesser offer from the new club and leave. Im sure its possible but unlikely. Either way, its gonna be interesting and if Adelaide's losses pile up and Sando starts getting heat ( not really warranted I reckon) that won't help the stability situation .

GO Catters
Im pretty sure a player can take the lesser offer when he is a FA but not a RFA.

He will be a geelong player in 2016 unless something drastic happens and Adelaide somehow turn into a top contender

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
think you will find the dees want a marquee player and paddy fills the void.
gotta feel sorry for him,all that money and playing at a bottom club.
deals not made yet though,roosy has to sell it to paddy.

think you will find the dees want a marquee player and paddy fills the void.
gotta feel sorry for him,all that money and playing at a bottom club.
deals not made yet though,roosy has to sell it to paddy.

he said he wants to go to a club with future prospects.
Melbourne don't, he wont be at Melbourne.

If cash really is no issue for him, Cats would have to be in the box seat if he leaves the Crows

Family is close to Geelong and his partner is apparently the mayor of Geelong's daughter.

Well this is the Mayor of Geelong…..
697501-darryn-lyons.jpg

and he has no daughter…..

Ha dreamers! We're just tanking for our first single digit pick this millenium to make up for the draft sanctions and Danger is totes down with it. Was his idea actually.

Wants us to gun up the list. No point struggling honestly on for a mid table finish when Tex won't be back to form for half the season. Hit the ground running next year with Tex, Gibbs and a top 5 pick. Then Aish in for 2016. Jarman and McLeod F/S for 2017. A true selfless servant of the club is Danger

I'd be very surprised if he does leave, he's gone on the record of saying how much he loves Adelaide. And given how well he does get a long with the likes of Tex, Sloane etc, I'd be shocked if he did decide to leave the Crows nest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back