Bailey01

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs, Tennis
Sick of Hawks fans crying. YOU were the team that let Kennedy and McGlynn go. YOU had the option to match Buddys deal. Adelaide made a meal of the Tippett saga. Sydney just played it smart. Sydney could get Danger with Goodes ROK and LRT retiring soon. Players might take a pay cut for success. Not every player plays for just the pay checks. Danger to the swans.
Danger is not going to NSW. Its Vic or staying in Adelaide. FFS

Count Dooku

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
"Most liveable" has nothing to do with income. It is to do with the aspects that make a city appealing to live in. And Adelaide is ahead of Sydney. Whether you like it or not. Taking cheap shots says a lot about you though, if that's your only comeback. You started this btw.
If I can afford a Bentley Continental GT I am not sure I would choose a Toyota Camry based on higher rankings on fuel efficiency and maintenance costs. However I fully understand why such rankings and awards exist.

Anyway I actually hope Dangerfield stays with the Crows. Best of luck.

You want to conveniently forget that your club must have room in your cap for at least 90.2% of the contract?
The $902,000 he gets is irrelevant to the $98,000 extra he gets from the AFL?

I don't begrudge other clubs their success. My club got smashed, moved out of Victoria all while Hawks were getting the best of zones back then. You didn't give a s**t about us then, now that we are becoming super powerful you want to cry about it. Boo hooo hooo, have a sook with McGuire, Gordon and the rest of the hypocrite brigade.

Having a zone and drafting from it, then having to develop those players is a lot different to being given extra money to poach developed players from other clubs who don't have the same amount of money to spend, and all because the AFL want to grow the game in Sydney.

Besides, the issue is not just Hawthorn supporter's.

We'll see who is crying when the Swans have to play(pay) by the same rules as everyone else.

BloodRet

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
Laughing at all the minnows
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Norwich City, Detroit Pistons
Having a zone and drafting from it, then having to develop those players is a lot different to being given extra money to poach developed players from other clubs who don't have the same amount of money to spend, and all because the AFL want to grow the game in Sydney.

Besides, the issue is not just Hawthorn supporter's.

We'll see who is crying when the Swans have to play(pay) by the same rules as everyone else.
Stick to the topic mod. :rolleyes:

illavitar

All Australian
Jun 11, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
If Geelong are in serious grand final contention over the next few years and Adeliade are lucky to make it past the first week of finals then I'd say there's a pretty good bet he'd come here :D

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Yeah if your gonna turn the grill on you gotta cook the sausages!

Roo Lives Again

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I've got a better rumour...Danger, Tex and Sloane are all best mates and will stay at the Crows for their whole careers and win a flag together....

Awesome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
I've got a better rumour...Danger, Tex and Sloane are all best mates and will stay at the Crows for their whole careers and win a flag together....

Awesome
I thought Tex and Bernie were best mates, how's Bernie's season at the crows going this year?

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Classy way to treat your players. Pimp him out for a draft pick cause you got caught tampering with the draft. :oops:

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Didn't you push Podsiadly and Chapman out the door? #classy
Not at all. Chapman was offered a contract extension. Podsiadly was under performing 32 year old whose contract was over.
Both players had opportunities to stay at the Cats in various capacities and chose to exercise their option to go elsewhere.
When it became evident they wanted to pursue opportunities elsewhere we did the classy thing and traded them to their new clubs for draft picks in the 80s so that they could in fact start training at their new clubs earlier and not have to wait for the draft period to end.

We didn't push them out the door (his words) like you did Vince for pick 23(?) because you were penalised for draft tampering.

Bailey01

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs, Tennis
Not at all. Chapman was offered a contract extension. Podsiadly was under performing 32 year old whose contract was over.
Both players had opportunities to stay at the Cats in various capacities and chose to exercise their option to go elsewhere.
When it became evident they wanted to pursue opportunities elsewhere we did the classy thing and traded them to their new clubs for draft picks in the 80s so that they could in fact start training at their new clubs earlier and not have to wait for the draft period to end.

We didn't push them out the door (his words) like you did Vince for pick 23(?) because you were penalised for draft tampering.
Well actually Vince wouldn't have got a contract extension beyond 2015 for us and Melbourne offered him a larger and better deal so it was a win win for all parties. Didn't you offer Chapman a 10+ game contract for 2014?

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Well actually Vince wouldn't have got a contract extension beyond 2015 for us and Melbourne offered him a larger and better deal so it was a win win for all parties. Didn't you offer Chapman a 10+ game contract for 2014?
Nah that's bullshit. You can't offer a bloke a contract based on games. At best it would have been a reduction in wages

Roo Lives Again

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
When it became evident they wanted to pursue opportunities elsewhere we did the classy thing and traded them to their new clubs for draft picks in the 80s so that they could in fact start training at their new clubs earlier and not have to wait for the draft period to

It's called list management. When the swans do it it's ok but if the crows offload someone it's pushing them out the door? Idiot

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
I think we can put this little tea party to bed now that Danger, Tex and Sloane have gone into the pub business with our new director and chairman in waiting Roo. Danger will be in the AFC tricolours wearing the mighty 32 till he retires :thumbsu:

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think we can put this little tea party to bed now that Danger, Tex and Sloane have gone into the pub business with our new director and chairman in waiting Roo. Danger will be in the AFC tricolours wearing the mighty 32 till he retires :thumbsu:
You're going to look so silly if he walks haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back