News TEX - captain no more

How many weeks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I think he would be upset losing the captaincy as it just about guarantees you a place in the team.

VB should have been the wild card in our team given he was absent in 2014, but I get the feeling he will struggle in 2015 to hold his place. In addition I think Kedge does the same job as VB only better. Lets face it guys, no WA team has really ever made a play for VB which speaks volumes about how they view him. You could throw a few Crows in that mix too, like Reilly and Mackay.

Has anyone actually SEEN Reilly this preseason. I dont reckon i've seen him in a single pic, not even in the background. Are we sure we didnt delist?????

Has anyone actually SEEN Reilly this preseason. I dont reckon i've seen him in a single pic, not even in the background. Are we sure we didnt delist?????

If training is anything like the office workplace you try and hide the best as possible if you are going to get fired, otherwise you are sitting duck.

Victorians are very scared of this appointment. why wouldn't they be? The last center half that plays like walker does, to captain his club, was Wayne Carey. Its evident what impact he had on the side. Their media is asking every Geelong player they can about Dangerfield.

If he's staying, there will be news sooner rather than later.

Howdy Crows supporters, I normally don't post on other team's threads.
But I had to, as a broken hill lad myself (and an ex-North broken hill player) I couldn't be more pleased to see big Tex take over the captains role, having lived across the road from Tex and his parents for the past, 10+ years and getting to know both him and his parents quite well, I can assure you, that your club is in the right hands I won't carry on too much, but I'll just say this, I hope the crows go far and deep into September, and I know you have the right captain to make that possible, I'll be cheering for the crows and Tex in the 2015 season ☺️

But I had to, as a broken hill lad myself (and an ex-North broken hill player) I couldn't be more pleased to see big Tex take over the captains role, having lived across the road from Tex and his parents for the past, 10+ years and getting to know both him and his parents quite well, I can assure you, that your club is in the right hands I won't carry on too much, but I'll just say this, I hope the crows go far and deep into September, and I know you have the right captain to make that possible, I'll be cheering for the crows and Tex in the 2015 season ☺️

Onya stemmy! :)

Great post. Awesome! :)

I have been interested to watch Tex in the 2 PS games so far. It is good to see him moving well and covering a lot of ground to help out down back.

He has seemed to be very focused on both "team first" and also being inclusive of other players - the perfect captain.

I just hope his mind-set changes a bit once we hit R1 - just kick a shyte load of goals! (oh-and knock some blokes over)

The crowd love tex-goals. They will love it even more now he is captain.

All I want for Christmas is a big barrel from inside the square to sail through the posts from the big man. I don't think I've ever seen him kick a torp though ??

The crowd love tex-goals. They will love it even more now he is captain.

All I want for Christmas is a big barrel from inside the square to sail through the posts from the big man. I don't think I've ever seen him kick a torp though ??
i love barrels:hearts:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walsh's legacy to this club, among other things, will be making this man captain and I hope he stays captain for the rest of his career.

Of all the things PW did, this one decision was the most symbolic taking back of the club's balls.

Spot on. I don't feel embarrassed when talking about who our captain is any more. Instead of a captain who would easily rank among the bottom 3-4, we have one that could arguably be in the top 3-4 based on events this year and his playing performances.

Bit off topic but you have to wonder how much of the clubs change can be linked to Roo going on the board - can you imagine the board pre-Roo signing off on VB being dumped as captain in favour of Tex?

Spot on. I don't feel embarrassed when talking about who our captain is any more. Instead of a captain who would easily rank among the bottom 3-4, we have one that could arguably be in the top 3-4 based on events this year and his playing performances.

Bit off topic but you have to wonder how much of the clubs change can be linked to Roo going on the board - can you imagine the board pre-Roo signing off on VB being dumped as captain in favour of Tex?
Don't think it would have had anything to do with Roo at all. PWs decision all the way.

Come the end of Tex's captaincy, we could well be saying "he's the best captain we've ever had".......
#weflyasone

The best thing is he was Phil's number 1 choice too. Imagine if we gave Danger the captaincy 3 years ago like so many wanted. Now we'd have to pick another and if it was Tex he'd probably only be seen as our replacement for the guy who left, rather than our first choice.

Back