FTA-TV TFS - The Footy Show - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Footy Show, shock horror an Essendon player on - it seems that almost every second week we have Dyson, of BJ sharing our screen Robbo may have the #5 on his back but it feels like TFS is being a pretty good PR machine too for the red and black world.
Add Sam's rant about ASADA etc and Billy's pub crawl - that's an hour of my life I'm not getting back....bugger.

Last edited:
He was good early, but now his "dry humor" is so scripted and forced. That "car ride" with Newman which they pumped up so much was a complete bore.
swan is a complete bore same with travis cloke, both thick as a brink. surely if collingwood wants to have players on the show, at least get ones with a personality

He was good early, but now his "dry humor" is so scripted and forced. That "car ride" with Newman which they pumped up so much was a complete bore.

Agree. His whole self-deprecating indifferent footballer shtick was funny at first and still has its moments but is way overdone now.

Have said it before and it is an institution of the show but Street Talk is complete rubbish these days and should be dispensed with ASAP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I noticed last night as they came out on stage was they greeted each other like the audience was there as an after thought. The whole show is just self indulgence and the packed house last night showed most people want it that way.

A whole feature on Sam's blind turn?! Is it really THAT funny?

I love the show but boy can they can do things to death!
No, it's not that funny. It's funny when they fleetingly hang s**t on him about it, but no, it's wasn't worth all that attention.

It's annoying that Garry constantly rushes everyone to finish what they're saying (maybe that's part of his schtick, but his anxiety comes into the lounge room, sometimes), then they draw out crap like that for 10 mins.

They've had a few similarly dud attempts at humour lately. I can't remember one of their lengthy "funny" segments that have worked recently

Last edited:
No, it's not that funny. It's funny when they hang s**t on him about it, but no, it's wasn't worth all that attention.

It's annoying that Garry constantly rushes everyone to finish what they're saying (maybe that's part of his schtick, but his anxiety comes into the lounge room, sometimes), then they draw out crap like that for 10 mins.

They've had a few similarly dud attempts at humour lately. I can't remember one of their lengthy "funny" segments that have worked recently

I still can't believe they wheeled out some bloke who played against Sam in a match 40+ years ago to talk about Sam happening to be fooled on one occasion by the bounce of the ball! It was cringeworthy television.

Agreed, it seems that the show is struggling a bit for ideas. They don't seem to really think through the some of the skits/segments they put to air. But it's all so self-indulgent and cliquey that I doubt they really care.

I still can't believe they wheeled out some bloke who played against Sam in a match 40+ years ago to talk about Sam happening to be fooled on one occasion by the bounce of the ball! It was cringeworthy television.

That "some bloke" was Rick Schoff, and it was a pity they didn't let the audience know who he was. He was twice All-Australian at the 1966 and 1969 AFC Championships and a member of Sturt's five premierships in a row from 1966-1970. He was a wonderful player. The other pity was they didn't engage him in conversation as much as they could, otherwise they would have found a very funny man. Yet another chance to be informative missed in the name of self-indulgence.

That "some bloke" was Rick Schoff, and it was a pity they didn't let the audience know who he was. He was twice All-Australian at the 1966 and 1969 AFC Championships and a member of Sturt's five premierships in a row from 1966-1970. He was a wonderful player. The other pity was they didn't engage him in conversation as much as they could, otherwise they would have found a very funny man. Yet another chance to be informative missed in the name of self-indulgence.

Fair enough, I meant no disrespect to Schoff, so apologies if it came across that way!

The Footy Show is back in Melbourne tonight. Also back in Melbourne tonight is retired all round Mr. Nice Guy, Jonathan Brown.

Also returning is Billy's wheel.....but I wonder if that's the only thing of Billy's returning.....and I don't mean last nights meal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back