Pick7

Team Captain
Oct 12, 2014
GWS
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Juventus 49ers Lakers
Once in a lifetime player, was amazing watching him in our Navy blue...A true great that deserved a better end. Thanks Chris.

I drove through Brighton once. I think I was lost.
Everyone gets lost when they are trying to find Brighton... but when you try to get to Hampton or Elwood, bam... there it is.

It's like trying to get to Dennis...

Everyone gets lost when they are trying to find Brighton... but when you try to get to Hampton or Elwood, bam... there it is.

It's like trying to get to Dennis...
No-one is ever trying to get to Dennis. Unless they are coming from Jewell.

Felt sick when you went down, Juddy. But not as sick as I would have been pre-2002. Thank you for your efforts and all the best, we would have been in a very dark place without you. Just a shame you couldn't have a decent send-off, but I hope the respect and admiration of your peers and other supporters will make up for that. Now your shoulders can finally have a rest!

No-one is ever trying to get to Dennis. Unless they are coming from Jewell.
But you can get Merri in the middle :p

But on another note... when did Dennis stop being a suburb of Melbourne? And for that matter... Westgarth?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
cross-posting. :D

Gerard Healy pretty much confirmed on 3aw last night that he would've put a 17-year-old Judd in the Aus International Rules team if the system allowed it. :D That was before he was drafted.

When Judd was in the Australian U18 team, they had a hybrid rules practice game against the national squad, and young Juddy was apparently one of the best on the ground.

Gerard said to coach Garry Lyon, something like, "If we're picking the Aus team on merit, this kid would be on the plane to Ireland".

I suppose it was 'just' a practice game, but still.....

Hookesy said on radio that night that Gerard asked the honchos if it was possible to pick him

Sep 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl.../story-e6frf3e3-1227391063230?from=public_rss

What a great article and tribute by Matthew Lodge (aka- The LODGENATOR). Extreamly well written, and it really gives you an idea of how much of a good bloke Juddy is, and how much of a professional it is when it comes to footy.

I remember it being a Wednesday because it was my third day as a professional footballer.

I remember it being half-six in the morning because it was my fourth day living in Melbourne, with little idea of time, distance, speed or Melbourne traffic city-bound on the Eastern Freeway.

It was also daylight savings too. The VISY Park paddock only partially illuminated by the lights of our facility; all else was as dark as a funeral scarf.

Arriving at this time at the club would soon become habit, but on this occasion as I put my bag in my locker amid a silent facility, I was acutely aware that I was probably the only one in at this stage.

The rest of the players weren’t expected at the club until 8am, to ready ourselves for the main midweek training session beginning at 10am.

After a bit of pacing, the only light I saw in the whole place came from the rehab room. The human hubris of curiosity drew me to the room, and upon entering found Chris Judd on a Pilates reformer, receiving instructive guidance from Carlton Rehabilitation Coordinator, Mark Homewood.

After the initial surprise of seeing the 18-year-old NSW Scholarship Holder rookie at the club before the sun had surfaced the Legends Stand, Chris invited me to join him.

What ensued in the next hour and a bit is what I will remember Chris Judd for.

They named a suburb after Armfield? :confused:
They named a street in Mt Evelyn after my grandmothers family... so why wouldnt... actually Dennis was around well before Armfield was even a gleam in his dad's eye...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl.../story-e6frf3e3-1227391063230?from=public_rss

What a great article and tribute by Matthew Lodge (aka- The LODGENATOR). Extreamly well written, and it really gives you an idea of how much of a good bloke Juddy is, and how much of a professional it is when it comes to footy.

That is a ******* ripping read.

Really shows that footy is about humanity and for all that make it, there are those on a list who don't and maybe at some time do not feel a part of it. To me this says more about Judd than his Brownlow winning performances ever will!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back