Thanks COXY - Tribute Board

Remove this Banner Ad

The Big guy has left the building. You will be missed Coxy :thumbsu:
West-Coast-729--620x349.jpg

Awesome career

Best ruckman to play the game

They bang on about madden over east ....but he never ran around like cox did

There is only handful of players that actually changed the way the game is played ....cox and goodes did that

Cox as a ruckman who,played like midfielder ....goodes as a 6ft four midfielder

Cox is the best ruckman to probably have played

Madden didn't change the way was played. Cox did

Awesome career

Best ruckman to play the game

They bang on about madden over east ....but he never ran around like cox did

There is only handful of players that actually changed the way the game is played ....cox and goodes did that

Cox as a ruckman who,played like midfielder ....goodes as a 6ft four midfielder

Cox is the best ruckman to probably have played

Madden didn't change the way was played. Cox did

Cant add anything to this

Love big Dean Cox, met him at the pub once. Actually it was that game around 2009 when Cox didn't play and Naitanui had 3 last quarter goals against Hawthorn in torrential rain, good guy.... but a better player. The best ruckman I can recall. Will be missed.

thanks Coxy , you have been a great team man and leader of the club .
Have fond memories of you going back and taking game saving marks and also your run and spread to be another midfield option with beautiful foot-skills.
well done to get to 290 games after starting on the rookie list and 169 goals shows your impact in games too.Also getting 54 Brownlow votes meant the umpires certainly noticed you amongst the Judd ,Cousins and Kerr and the other great eagles players.

At the end of the day, I wasn't going to the Melbourne game, but my son wanted me too (Instead of his mother) and I am grateful that I went and saw the great man one last time and applauded him around the ground afterwards.

Thanks Coxy. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dean was arguably the pioneer for today's style of ruckman. As an example Patrick Ryder (under 6'6) wouldn't be leading Essendon's ruck if the ruckman role didn't change to that of a more athleteic midfielder type as well.

Have been lucky enough to follow Dean's career from East Perth in the 90's and winning the Simpson Medal as a gangly ruckman to a dominant duo with Gardiner during the golden years of early to mid 2000s. The stories of Dean's first training sessions at the club still get talked about today, how people were questioning if he'd make it etc. He definitely made it and for me as a fan it's been an enjoyable ride. Thanks for your years of service Coxy, i'll miss the name puns for sure and hopefully we can keep you at the club to continue the development of Nic Nat, Lycett and Sinclair.

Would have loved to see him eek out 10 more games and become the first Eagle to 300 games but his status as the current games record holder and easily the greatest ruckman the club has ever had certainly isn't unnoticed not only inside the walls of the club, but outside the club with past players and throughout the AFL. THANKS COXY :thumbsu: Absolute champion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back