Toast Thanks Travis - best of luck for the future

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Travis Varcoe has been an important part of this forum over the last seven years being the sponsored player. Although maligned at times by some, he has also given us many great moments that as cats fans we'll always savour and remember fondly. I'd like to thank him for all he did at Geelong, and wish him well for the rest of his career.

The boards favorite whipping boy is gone, sad to see in a way.

The 1st player we gave the 5 to since Gaz, injury really didn't help his cause, will go down in history with that GF goal against the Pies.
A loyal clubman and popular figure, i hope he has success personally at the Pies... but i hope the Pies are rubbish :D

I always liked what TV brought to the table. Sadly he got hurt and that really slowed him down and set back his development. Made the best of his situation here at the GFC and will always be remembered for the 2011 GF and chasing down Buddy in the Hawks game on the wing.

An extremely talented guy whom never got into high gear for long enough, but one whom no doubt gave his best. Played his role well and was never bigger than the team.

All the best Travis for the future and hopefully his success continues. As for us, as long as the list spot and SC freedom this creates brings us bigger and better things, im all for it.

Good luck Travis.

Go Catters

Thanks Trav - one of the few players I've met and can vouch that he is a good guy.

Has been a big factor in the great ride we have had over the last few years and you'll always be welcome down at Kardinia Park

Will always remember of him as a player that you loved to be frustrated with. Will never forget the 2 goals in the 2011 premiership giv en it was the only GF I attended.

I wish we could have traded out Taylor Hunt for Clark instead, I thought Trav was really good in a couple of late games this season. The problem was we never saw that form consistently.
I reckon it was Varcoe's last six games that actually got that trade over the line. Hunt was never, ever going to be able to get the deal done - but Varcoe for Clark is a pretty good swap and I'm glad we haven't given up picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will always remember of him as a player that you loved to be frustrated with. Will never forget the 2 goals in the 2011 premiership giv en it was the only GF I attended.
you already have forgotten 1 of the goals it seems

;)

Sad to see him go - but I think the club buggered up/mis-managed his last couple of years TBH. After a magnificent 2011 GF, he looked on fire during the 2012 pre-season, only to get badly injured a couple of times. We rushed him back into the seniors and he never found the confidence, pace and touch that he may have found in the VFL. If we had, that 2013 pf may have been another story. We then stick him in defence for most of 2014, and are patient enough that he gains some form near the end of the year. Another pre-season where he cements a HB role may have seen wonders in 2015 - but no, he's gone to the Pies. A shame, but that's footy.

I can see trav cutting us up next year now. :(

Yeah, nah. Collingwood's problem now.

I am trembling at the thought of his 12 possession blinders off the half back flank and those devastating one armed tackles. Problem is our forward line will have Hawkins, Clark, Stanley, Vardy and Walker strategically standing still so he might actually catch one of them.

Thank you Travis for great service to the GFC on and off the field. A real ambassador off the field and a genuinely respectful and humble person - just what we value at Catland. Your last quarters in 2009 and 2011 Grand Finals stamp you as far above an ordinary AFL player - many people on this forum fail to understand how few AFL footballers get to the position of being able to influence greatly the outcome of a Grand Final. Few players grasp the nettle and do it when its time, and you did it twice with your incredible gut running and desire right in the heat of the battle when most players on the ground were cooked. Good luck with the Pies, you will always be a Cat to me.

Farewell TV.Don't forget to give all your new teammates a copy of one of your best games

435227EB-9551-6733-CC5185E3ADAB82FDafl_prem_dvd.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back