That feel when you might never get to see your team winning a premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh when I look back now, that summer seemed to last forever, and if I had the choice yeah I'd always wanna be there

Those were the best days of my life.

Jus gonna scull this long neck and hope i wake up to seeing Deledio winning the Norm Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imo, winning the minor premiership is more significant than winning the flag.
Being consistently the best over 22 weeks is far harder to do than being the best over 4 weeks.

Not in an artificial fixture that the AFL has where you don't play every team twice home and away. As well as having blockbusters created by the AFL where certain teams must play twice each year.

The way the Poms do the EPL is the correct way.
Team that finishes on top of the ladder is the champion.
No knockout finals series...that's just there like an encore, a way to extract extra money/fans, completely fickle nature of the finals, knockout process, means average teams can limp into the qualifiers and go on a 4 game hot streak.
It's BS.

Not in an artificial fixture that the AFL has where you don't play every team twice home and away. As well as having blockbusters created by the AFL where certain teams must play twice each year.
Valid point....but still the end result is there. The top teams will be at the top, and the bottom at the bottom. The pecking order of the topmost teams might change a little.

No knockout finals series...that's just there like an encore, a way to extract extra money/fans, completely fickle nature of the finals, knockout process, means average teams can limp into the qualifiers and go on a 4 game hot streak.
It's BS.
Grand Final day is literally the best day of the year. You can not take it away

It's BS.

So we would know who wins the title after 14 to 18 rounds and then 17 other teams would tank?

It's BS.

The EPL system is more logical but less exciting.

I'd take (maybe even give my life for) a GF win over a minor premiership without hesitation.

Grand Final day is literally the best day of the year. You can not take it away
Was it the best day or even game of the year this year? Or even last year?

Wasn't there a regular season game at the end, one of the last few, where either Hawthorn, West Coast or Fremantle could've taken 1st spot depending on results that day? THAT is just like GF day. Season coming down to the wire, you're playing for the #1 spot, another team could cement it. Im sure those games round 21-22 or so were better games than the GF the last few years.

You play 17 games in a season. One game against every team. The following year, you flip where the home/away game was played. So over two years you play every team twice both home and away.

After 17 rounds...the top 2 teams play in the Grand Final.

Why not that? Hybrid of two different systems.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back