That's What I'm Talking About!

Remove this Banner Ad

Carnthe

Premiership Player
May 31, 2006
Osaka
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A quick look over some stats and I discovered that in our wins over Port, Hawthorn, Sydney and Freo we had 12, 10, 10 and 9 players get 20+ touches. In our losses to Brisbane and Carlton only 5 players got it 20+ times. I find this drop off hard to believe and was wondering if anyone in the know could offer any wisdom on whether these numbers mean anything?

So getting back to what I'm talking about - I want to see 10 players get 20+ touches every week, and by my calculations we'll be unbeatable.

Any side willing to play high possession uncontested footy against us exposes the lazy undercurrent easily.

Our strong wins have been defensively minded/contested sides.

Carlton, beat us with a version of pass the parcel.

As did Collingwood, GC, Geelong *essendon, Brisbane...this is getting depressing.

We are so ******* lazy.

Any side willing to play high possession uncontested footy against us exposes the lazy undercurrent easily.

Our strong wins have been defensively minded/contested sides.

Carlton beat us with a version of pass the parcel.

Agree,but the strange thing is i doubt you will this style played in, or winning too many finals games, hard, contested, man on man footy is more the norm.

Agree,but the strange thing is i doubt you will this style played in, or winning too many finals games, hard, contested, man on man footy is more the norm.

True enough. Trouble is swans, hawks and geelong can keep it tight but also switch and play uncontested when it suits them.

We can too but it generally has to be on our terms. We can't wrest back the ascendancy if an uncontested side gets on top of us.

It proves that the same players getting over 20 touches each week (Harvey, NDS, Greenwood, Gibson) are dragging the side each week whilst the slackers (Bastinac, Ziebell, Adams) turn up every 4 weeks.

The alps are wonderful this time of year.

A quick look over some stats and I discovered that in our wins over Port, Hawthorn, Sydney and Freo we had 12, 10, 10 and 9 players get 20+ touches. In our losses to Brisbane and Carlton only 5 players got it 20+ times. I find this drop off hard to believe and was wondering if anyone in the know could offer any wisdom on whether these numbers mean anything?

So getting back to what I'm talking about - I want to see 10 players get 20+ touches every week, and by my calculations we'll be unbeatable.
It's all about the zig and the zag. Are we losing because these players don't get 20+ touches? Or do they not get 20+ touches because we lose? It's a real conundrum. Only Mr. Scott has the answer.

It proves that the same players getting over 20 touches each week (Harvey, NDS, Greenwood, Gibson) are dragging the side each week whilst the slackers (Bastinac, Ziebell, Adams) turn up every 4 weeks.
You can add Cunnington into the slackers category, unfortunately. After his fast start to the year, he has been very inconsistent since. Had moments against Carlton when he cracked in well, and we've scored well in these periods. But then dropped out of the game each time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What that shows is if you dominate with high numbers you are likely to not have turned the ball over & your uncontested possies are through the roof. Conversely when we have lost the opposition has had ridiculous uncontested marks numbers keeping the ball off us.

According to this board, if a Gibson 20+should count as less than 20.

Weird place bf.

I'd hope the players have a bench mark for particular stats for each game and at least 10 should be aiming for 20+

Boomer
NDS
Bastinac
Gibson
Atley
Cunnington
Ziebell
Greenwood
Swallow

1 or 2 of
McDonald
Thompson
Wright
Mullett
Firrito
Adams

of the top 9 Cunnington, Atley, Ziebell and Bastinac need to step up consistently.

Cunnington had a purple patch of 6 20+ in a row. He's gone 3 of the last 9 games :'(

Bastinac has only reached 20 5 times :'(

Boomer has reached 20 15 out of 17 times

Gibson has reached 20 14/20

Leaving too much to too few

Remove this Banner Ad

Back