KJpie

Premiership Player
Dec 12, 2012
Gone fishing
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Swan Districts
"If" Jol's retires and one of the young duo get's injured at any stage throughout the year then where does our ruck stocks as a club stand even with a state league player on the list in some form??

Feb 9, 2006
Singapore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Very mixed opinions, I'm 50/50 pendant on how he sees out the year. Does he have one more year left on his contract Chilli?
Agree Re: state ruck option.

I think he is out of contract end 2013.
I would sign him for 1 more year.
Assume he is waiting until year end to decide if he & the club want him to go around again.
A lot depends on his body I guess.

the_slurpee_man

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Philadelphia Phillies
Would the Swans Accept that. Might have to add Steak Knives to the Deal;)

obviously not worth a 1st round pick but in saying that i think we would be after a solid player rather than a pick.. we are looking to improve our key defensive stocks.. havent seen too much of the pies this year, therefore i cant suggest too much, maybe Keeffe??

Da Main Man

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2009
Darwin
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I think he is out of contract end 2013.
I would sign him for 1 more year.
Assume he is waiting until year end to decide if he & the club want him to go around again.
A lot depends on his body I guess.
Either extend or rookie him. having hudson and jolly developing the ruck stocks would be invaluable. plus jolly can come in as hudson did this year. plus we need a ruckman for the 2's.

hudson will move to a fulltime ruck coach (retired for realz) and jolly can be the vfl ruck/depth heck he can help presti sell merch (whatever just keep him at the club)

popin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers, Craig lowndes
if daisy go's and we pick up yarran that will cancel our first round compensation so proble smart to pick a fast kid like yarran in the draft because yarran would choose westcoast eagles to play with he's mate nic-nat and head home to wa.

Oct 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
For leg speed reasons only. We lack it so much its ridiculous. It will really show on Saturday night against the swans. He has loads of it so id look at the price. If its overs leave it. If your specifically looking for leg speed it wouldn't be hsrd to find elsewhere. If the deal is fairish id def consider it though.

Are Sydney that quick though??

Jetta obviously is but he is out. As is Adam Goodes.

Their midfield is Jack, Kennedy, Hanneberry, O'Keefe and Mitchell. None of those are slow, but none are lightnting quick either.

They have good run off half back with McVeigh, Shaw and Malceski. However only Shaw is really quick.

The difference with the Swans is how fit they are and how hard they run both ways. Footspeed isn't necessarily the key. They also move the ball really well by foot. They have very few poor users of the footy.

I think Yarran is a good player, and could play a role in the middle or up forward. Can also play down back where he generates amazing run.

However, I don't think we are a 'slow' team. I just think we are lacking in our ability to run defensively...and our ball movement is often sloppy due to having too many poor users. A lot of young players in the side as well that don't run out games well.

I don't think we would seriously be in the game to snare Yarran because Blues will likely try and package him with Warnock or Hampson to snare a pick off GWS.

Feb 9, 2006
Singapore
AFL Club
Collingwood
if daisy go's and we pick up yarran that will cancel our first round compensation so proble smart to pick a fast kid like yarran in the draft because yarran would choose westcoast eagles to play with he's mate nic-nat and head home to wa.

Exactly, if Daisy does go & we do receive a mid 1st round pick as compensation, then we should keep it i.e do not bring in any free agents this year.

Are Sydney that quick though??

Jetta obviously is but he is out. As is Adam Goodes.

Their midfield is Jack, Kennedy, Hanneberry, O'Keefe and Mitchell. None of those are slow, but none are lightnting quick either.

They have good run off half back with McVeigh, Shaw and Malceski. However only Shaw is really quick.

The difference with the Swans is how fit they are and how hard they run both ways. Footspeed isn't necessarily the key. They also move the ball really well by foot. They have very few poor users of the footy.

I think its the Swans ability to spread the play and get the ball to the outside is what makes them appear to be a fast team, when in reality they just move the ball very quickly to uncontested players in space. They tore the Hawks apart on the outside in last years GF.

On Yarran, not all that interested as itll cost us too much. I'd rather take Dayle Garlett actually.. Truth is we should be looking at a mature ruck type or, as suggested above, a young inside type such as Geelong got with Caddy

tazzawazza

Cancelled
Oct 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
A really over rated player in my opinion (most Carlton players are over rated). If he is to come to Collingwood we would probably use him as a running flanker, like Leon Davis. Personally he isn't that good, is arrogant, cocky and has scum blood so I wouldn't take him.

Why aren't people talking about a Watts/Bellchambers/Mumford

Players that may be actually valuable next year.

Well I have read in a Few Places we are Intrested.

1st is from Nicks:

I've had this info for awhile and mentioned it on here once or twice.
He comes from a very strong Collingwood supporting household and has been hoping to get to us for the last couple of years.

Now has officially told the Brions he wants to be traded back to Victoria and I'd imagine Pies will be his preferred destination.

A small forward type with potential to go through the guts later on in his career.
I'd imagine it wouldn't take much to get him to the Club and a trade involving Yagmoor could be on the cards.

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=71807

and From AFL.com.au

PATRICK Karnezis has told the Brisbane Lions he wants to head home to Victoria at the end of this season, having failed to overcome the homesickness that has plagued him in his three years at the club.

AFL.com.au understands Karnezis, 21, recently told the Lions he had decided to leave the club when his contract expires at the end of this season.

After unsuccessfully requesting a trade to a Victorian club at the end of last season, Karnezis made a concerted effort to settle into Brisbane this year, but the lure of home has proved too strong.
It is understood several Victorian clubs including Collingwood are circling the No. 25 pick in the 2010 draft, but the Lions will be looking to drive a hard bargain at the trade table.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-06/karnezis-wants-vic-move

Would be a Good Pick Up

Number 10

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would be a ******* awesome pick up. There is so much potential there to be either a great swing-man or hopefully, if he came to Collingwood, the beast midfielder we are yearning for. Someone who has the body to out-body a Watson or Kennedy.

The Nicks guy obviously doesn't know much though..."Small forward"???

Back