The 2013 Carlton on TV thread *now with Bonus matches and highlights from yesteryear*

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Decided to keep my tv postings out of the Media thread this year - mods willing - it makes it wasier to track what i have and havent posted. With the NAB Cup on the way shortly, and AFL 360 starting just before that, Ill kick it off with the latest in my preseason promo videos - this time with a new intro im trying out that some will recognise as being ripped off from the WWE.

50 days to the season

Previously

100 Days to Round 1

150 days to the season

Its been a long offseason. *sigh*

For those living amongst the foreigners overseas

What absolute rubbish, why is it not available in Australia, screw Foxtel, i can't afford the 100 a month for all of it, but i would pay for streaming rights to the footy alone, just like i do for the NBA... urgh jimmies officially rustled.

What absolute rubbish, why is it not available in Australia, screw Foxtel, i can't afford the 100 a month for all of it, but i would pay for streaming rights to the footy alone, just like i do for the NBA... urgh jimmies officially rustled.

Im given to understand its to protect local tv rights here. Hence the 12 hour delay on bigpond streams, which are however, free.

Regarding Carlton on TV this season, does anyone know if Channel 7 has finally relented to film and broadcast it's games this season in High Definition??

Very annoying to have the very latest technology in LED/Plasma etc and to have blurry images due to 7 not wanting to invest in showing the games the way they should be.

The FOX coverage is 200 times better.

Im given to understand its to protect local tv rights here. Hence the 12 hour delay on bigpond streams, which are however, free.
I cant even be arsed with the AFL tv thing. I had it for a month a couple of years ago... went to watch a live match... and it wasnt on. Decided then and there that I wasnt interested in paying for something that I would see in 12 hours or so... if at all!

Since then, I have found a couple of other avenues towards watching games live in the UK. ESPN is one of them (gonna get a mobile account with them if I can or I might have to add it to my sky account again) or a live stream thats somewhat frowned upon by the AFL.

But screw Fat Vlad... I want to watch Carlton going about their business and if the only way I can get to watch it is to watch it illegally, then thats what I will do :)

I cant even be arsed with the AFL tv thing. I had it for a month a couple of years ago... went to watch a live match... and it wasnt on. Decided then and there that I wasnt interested in paying for something that I would see in 12 hours or so... if at all!

Since then, I have found a couple of other avenues towards watching games live in the UK. ESPN is one of them (gonna get a mobile account with them if I can or I might have to add it to my sky account again) or a live stream thats somewhat frowned upon by the AFL.

But screw Fat Vlad... I want to watch Carlton going about their business and if the only way I can get to watch it is to watch it illegally, then thats what I will do :)

It is free during the NAB Cup. lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Dogs game was a heartstopper. Had only won 2 games all year, get out to a 50 point lead early then watch them peg us back. Did well to hang on in the end. Without watching the vids, is that Tigers game the won where Jordan Doering kicked the winning goal?

I liked Doering at the time. Came from the ressies and found plenty of ball. Others saw his deficiencies but considering the rubbish we had on our list, I thought him unlucky.

Not quite sure if this belongs here but, tommorrow night on fox footy at 8:30 they are showing the final quarter of Carlton v Adelaide from 2004. This is the match where Fev kicks that goal on the boundary line.

Can we rename this thread the "Wookie is a Media God" thread and be done with it?

Top notch Wookie. Cheers.

Get the feeling it's going to be very hard for me to get the game links up this year before the AFL puts them up 16hrs later. They're playing funny buggers and adding random numbers to the end of the NAB Cup matches at least. :(

Get the feeling it's going to be very hard for me to get the game links up this year before the AFL puts them up 16hrs later. They're playing funny buggers and adding random numbers to the end of the NAB Cup matches at least. :(

yeah they are making things a tad harder. Im planning on putting carlton matches up from this season on my channel as well though so you wont have to wait 16 hours at least...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back