Mega Thread The 2013 MLB World Series (Boston Red Sox World Champiuons)

Remove this Banner Ad

rkdjbq.jpg
29azehz.jpg
V​
124wwf7.jpg
FENWAY PARK
Cardinals 1 @ Red Sox 8 (Win: Lester)​
Cardinals 4 @ Red Sox 2 (Win: Wacha)​
BUSCH STADIUM
Red Sox 4 @ Cardinals 5 (Win: Rosenthal)​
Red Sox 4 @ Cardinals 2 (Win: Doubront)​
Red Sox 3 @ Cardinals 1 (Win: Lester)​

FENWAY PARK
Cardinals 1 @ Red Sox 6 (Win: Lackey)​
Game 7: Not Required​
TOTAL SCORES
Boston Red Sox 27 Runs (4 Wins)
St Louis Cardinals 14 Runs (2 Wins)
ODDS
Boston $1.67​
St.Louis $2.20​
FORM
Boston Red Sox Won ALCS 4-2 against the Detroit Tigers​
St.Louis Cardinals Won NLCS 4-2 against the LA Dodgers​
Boston Red Sox Won ALDS 3-1 against the Tampa Bay Rays​
St.Louis Cardinals Won NLDS 3-2 Against the Pittsburgh Pirates​
Boston Red Sox won ALE with 97 Wins and 65 Losses (BEST RECORD IN AMERICAN LEAGUE)​
St.Louis Cardinals won NLC with 97 Wins and 65 Losses (BEST RECORD IN NATIONAL LEAGUE)​
MY TIP
Both teams very well rounded and neither are dependent on any 1 player.​
St Louis are more reliable on their starting pitching than Boston, which is a worry because in the fall classic the last few years starting pitching has struggled (Lee, Verlander), starters generally don't go more than 6 innings because the quality of batting is so much higher.​
Boston big hits in the ALCS came from two hitters who did nothing else for the entire series, which has to be a worry, they need to be more consistent against the Cards.​
So evenly matched that I will tip the Boston Red Sox in 7 games, simply because they have home field advantage.​
Good luck to both teams:)

Hard to see the Cards losing this series. I think the Cards will do it 5 games, but hopefully it goes the distance. Can never rule out the Sox though. They're capable of moments of genius such as the 2 grand slams vs the Tiges, but the Cards have the consistency and professional to win another world series.

im tipping cards 4-2. I think they are playing better baseball. Redsox batting has been poor and have gotten through on the back of 2 grand slams. Cards pitching has been pretty dominate and can see them getting it done.

When I saw the odds this morning, I must admit I would take the cards at $2.20 over the Red Sox at $1.67, I agree the pitching of the Cards has been very dominate, but I think I have been burnt by the Rangers in 2010, and Tigers in 2012, pitching seems to take a back seat in the World Series for whatever reason which is why I am favoring the Sox. In saying that, Cards take either game 1 or 2 and I think they quickly become my favorites to win it.

Red Sox batting did get away with a bit in the ALCS, but in game 6 I wouldn't say Scherzer was unbeatable like the Tigers were in game two, I think without the grand slam I was expecting the Red Sox to get at least 1 run in the 7th.

What's the scouting report on the Card's bullpen? We have been super all season at working the pitch count and we have regularly been able to make teams go to their bullpen earlier than usual. If we can keep this up, our chances significantly improve.

Hthe Cards have the consistency and professional to win another world series.

I have to say how does a club lose their number 1 player at the time in Albert Pujols and only make their side better (I think this side is more even than 2011) but have their fans 2 years later asking Albert Who?

If he has another another injury plagued season next year the Angels will be starting to seriously regret the contract they signed with him.

I have to say how does a club lose their number 1 player at the time in Albert Pujols and only make their side better (I think this side is more even than 2011) but have their fans 2 years later asking Albert Who?

If he has another another injury plagued season next year the Angels will be starting to seriously regret the contract they signed with him.

Very true. Obviously it was a risk at the time losing a player of Pujols' calibre, but you'd have to say the Cards overall have been the winners in that situation.

Great respect for Cardinals organisation, the way they have built within through the draft has been amazing. Their pitching just seems too strong, both rotation and bullpen.

Also as i've said before love to see them win for one of my favourite players, Carlos Beltran.
Having said that you have to hand it to the Red Sox for their turnaround this season, though i'm still laughing at the Bobby Valentine appointment....WTF were they thinking?

Cards in 5 although I hope it goes to 7.

So Lester vs Wainright. Surprise Wainright is at $2.05 odds tbh, been pitching very well.

Go Boston

Bottom 1st and controversy.

Umpires got it right in the end though.

They can overrule as much as they like if they get it right every time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GO SOX!!!

Shattered that I'm missing this game with how it's started
I get to watch tomorrow's game and if it goes that far, games 6 & 7

Not good news for Beltran;

@MLBONFOX: As @ErinAndrews just reported on FOX, Carlos Beltran is going to the hospital to get X-rays on his ribs. #WorldSeries

As much as the Cards are getting killed on the board here, they've left enough runners on base to suggest this series will be competitive.

Not good news for Beltran;

As much as the Cards are getting killed on the board here, they've left enough runners on base to suggest this series will be competitive.

If it was any other team than the cards I would call this game over, and say they are going to be hard pressed to come back from this loss for the entire series, those early errors are so deflating.

But the Cardinals are not the most respected and professional team for nothing, They could still win tonight, and even if they didn't win 4-1.

It was most probably to the Red Sox advantage that that Grand Slam didn't go over for the Red Sox by Ortiz, Cardinals might have pulled Wainwright at 50 or 60 pitches rather than 95 and been in more of a position to give him game 4 on short rest.

Game 2 is going to be so important, if the Red Sox get it they really have the Cards on the ropes, if St Louis get up then 1-1 after such a dominant start for the Red Sox would be dissapointing.

One thing I learnt 2 years ago is you can never write the Cards off. Will be surprised if they dont win 2 or at least 3 in St Louis. Game 2 I feel is as important to the Sox as it is Cards

Wacha has to pitch this game almost perfectly for the Cards to win, their offense couldn't bring anything home last night so their confidence has to be down.

If Boston win this game and take a 2-0 lead I can't see this series going more than 6 games, it may even end in St Louis, so I'm hoping the Cards can get a win here and make a series of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back