Mega Thread The 2013 MLB World Series (Boston Red Sox World Champiuons)

Remove this Banner Ad

That was massive, walking Ortiz and making sure they got punished. 2 on now for the cards, really need to tie it up straight away or this could get away.

Ran down to pub on my lunch break just in time to see based Victorino clear the bags. Aawwwwyyyeeeeeee

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Wacha hit out of the stadium by Drew.

On the road 4 runs down, only the Cards could turn this ship around, but even they might struggle now.

Looking at the mound when they made the pitching change, they looked like a team that just had their heart broken.

And they are using there game 7 starting in game 6, Kelly their game 7 starter with a heavily used bull pen if this keeps going.

Lynn out already, might be their game 7 starter again, the Wheels are really falling off, strike out here or it is officially all over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boston deserve to win this series. They have just been that little bit further ahead - Ortiz, Ellesbury.........the Cards bats just haven't fired and Freese hasn't had his usual impact.

But the pitching wins it - and Lester is just a gun.

rkdjbq.jpg
29azehz.jpg
WORLD CHAMPIONS
FENWAY PARK
Cardinals 1 @ Red Sox 8 (Win: Lester)​
Cardinals 4 @ Red Sox 2 (Win: Wacha)​
BUSCH STADIUM
Red Sox 4 @ Cardinals 5 (Win: Rosenthal)​
Red Sox 4 @ Cardinals 2 (Win: Doubront)​
Red Sox 3 @ Cardinals 1 (Win: Lester)​

FENWAY PARK
Cardinals 1 @ Red Sox 6 (Win: Lackey)​
Game 7: Not Required​
TOTAL SCORES
Boston Red Sox 27 Runs (4 Wins)
St Louis Cardinals 14 Runs (2 Wins)
MVP
David Ortiz (Boston Red Sox)​
FINAL THOUGHTS
Red Sox were clearly the best team of the World Series, Wacha ran out of gas in the last game which sadly meant the series fizzled out in Game 6. Don't think there was ever an easier MVP vote. Red Sox jumped all over the Cardinals when they decided to walk Ortiz tonight, Think the Cardinals will be back next year and the Sox will be up there again, this was a year where no lucky teams played off. Games 2 to 5 where all memorable contests in many ways, game 6 and 1 will be memorable for Red Sox fans only.​
But until Spring Training next year, well done and enjoy it Boston.​

Well done Boston. Hard to begrudge them this title at all. They were the best team in the AL all year, and their firepower with the bat just overwhelmed everyone. Still, it was a pretty poor performance overall in the WS by the Cards, I thought. That only makes it feel worse as a Dodgers fan. Although I guess we were equally limp in the NLCS.

Oh well, as someone tweeted earlier, only 105 days until pitchers and catchers report!

And I can officially say it now - I'll be attending the next serious Major League Baseball game :)

Congrats Red Sox, what an unbelievable turnaround from last (2) season. Bringing in some tough ball players was the way to go. Excellent pitching from both teams but Sox got the clutch hits when they needed them. Cards have a very bright future with that young pitching staff.

Season never really over with all the off season moves.

Am thrilled for them after the horror that city experienced this year.

Have been lucky enough to have seen the Red Sox play at Fenway Park and Yankee Stadium. This is a great result!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back