The 2013 Presidents Cup thread

Who will win the Presidents Cup?

• Internationals

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • USA

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Captains agree to share the trophy and title.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Checkin in golf brahs

I thought we'd have to be ahead after today if we wanted some kinda outside hope of winning... last time we actually won the Four-ball and drew the singles.

Foursomes is a worry; got spanked last time. The yanks are pretty close-knit, know how each other play etc. so they're pretty good at it. Being Internationals we always end up with 2 or 3 dodgy pairings where the 2 blokes have probably never even spoken before hitting off :oops:

Love Matchplay though, Ryder Cup last year was one of the greatest sporting events I've ever watched. If we get another spanking, I somewhat worry about the relevance of the Presidents Cup.

Edit: Also nice writeup peternorth :thumbsu:

Well we survived the foursomes still only 1 down, four ball momentum shifting slightly toward USA.

Yanks not missing any clutch putts, conversely we don't seem to be to making any...

Should've been 3 up in Scott/Woods match, 1 easy missed putt and a few holes later all square :rolleyes:

Saffers playing well for the most part.

To be perfectly honest, ever since I've turned on we've gone to s**t.

Might just go to bed and hope for the best :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate to say it but the President's cup format is dead.

We are not competitive, the Yanks have got too much depth and our players from 9-12 really fall away when compared to the Yanks line up.

I love watching the Ryder Cup to the point that I will stay up all night watching it. Last year's final day was one of the best sporting events I have ever watched on the tv. I must admit I teared up when they were interviewing Jose after the match when they mentioned the great man Seve.

While it was a good idea at the time to include the internationals in a competition against the Yanks, it has not worked. It is too difficult in getting players together from all over the world to form a unified team that is strong enough to take on the Yanks.

I am glad I am not the only one who can't stand Keegan Bradley. If I was in the same group as him, I would take my driver to his knee cap :)

Day smashed Snedeker 6 & 4, not much else to get excited about though.

Amazing how bloody patchy Schwartzel plays at times.

Back