Sport The Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In light of Watson's Hamstring injury, how does everyone see our first 11 come the Ashes?

1. Rogers
2. Warner
3. Hughes
4. Clarke
5. Smith
6. Bailey
7. Hadden
8. Johnson
9. Siddle
10. Harris
11. Ahmed

12th Man: Fawkner

It wouldn't surprise me if they name Lyon ahead of Ahmed though sadly...

It Watson play's I expect Warner to come out of the squad and Hughes to open.

Was actually the most satisfying win by an Australian cricket team I can remember in a long time, because of where they have come from... the team still has its deficiencies but it has been an incredible turnaround, they earned this win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is great

Has been a fantastic summer so far. Have completely beaten the Englirish SpringKiwiBabwians to a pulp. Steve Waugh at one point referred to mental disintegration. That is what we have done this summer. Completely destroyed them mentally to the point they are running off home.

Hmm now on my holiday schedule I had today and tomorrow (albeit hopefully) as cricket watching days. The weather is absolute shite so I can't go for a ride.... these weak pommy bastards have made it impossible for me to avoid the housework any longer. Absolutely disgusting.

We have a team from our London office in at work today...

One of the better days of work I have had in a while to say the least.

I wonder how we will go in South Africa. Feel the batting might struggle against Steyn and Philander on their home decks but you have to give us a chance with this bowling attack now... I can't believe how quickly England folded in this series though.

I wonder how we will go in South Africa. Feel the batting might struggle against Steyn and Philander on their home decks but you have to give us a chance with this bowling attack now... I can't believe how quickly England folded in this series though.

History in South Africa sees us perform very well. Batting consistency remains an issue but our bowlers appear smart enough to hit the right line and length to really trouble the South Africans. If our batting can improve I think we will win the series. If it stays the same, we might pinch a test or two.

So please tell me you got to watch the finish of that one Bonz and Punts? Faulkner, an absolute beast to crush any hope England had remaining.

Lost my mind at how great a finish it was, had constantly changing channels between the Robredo - Gasquet match and the cricket.

Cook lost that match for the poms as much as Faulkner won it though.

So the South African tour has started and we are 4/175 on Day 1 against the South Efricans after being sent in on a pitch that is supposed to be bowler-friendly, not bad if we have a good session after tea. Harsha Bhogle always says don't judge a pitch until both teams have batted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back