The 2014 Attendance Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon v West Coast: 35,905
Adelaide v Richmond: 50,459
Collingwood v Brisbane: 32,926

Last edited:

good to see the SA crowds are keeping the numbers better... imagine if both SA teams were still at AAMI only getting 20-30k rather than 50k

good to see the SA crowds are keeping the numbers better... imagine if both SA teams were still at AAMI only getting 20-30k rather than 50k
The Melbourne crowds will come back next year if the AFL put a few things right.

Etihad Crowd today is disgusting.
2 Victorian Clubs, 1 very much in september action and they only manage to pull 27000!
Bombers got 35000 yesterday vs an interstate team!
So many North supporters try to tell me that when they are up an about they can rival the Bigger club's with support, well where are you today?
cause i can guarantee next week Richmond VS Saints will have a hell of a lot more then 27000!

Official crowd: 27,164 at Etihad Stadium

Only a thousand off the Dogs vs North round 2 meeting this year. Both crowds though up on 2011-13 meetings which were all in the low 20s. You have to go back to the 2008-10 period when both clubs were in the top 8 for Docklands' crowds in the low-mid 30s.

2 Victorian Clubs, 1 very much in september action and they only manage to pull 27000!
So many North supporters try to tell me that when they are up an about they can rival the Bigger club's with support, well where are you today?
cause i can guarantee next week Richmond VS Saints will have a hell of a lot more then 27000!

I actually thought there was nothing wrong with the crowd. Those two clubs probably have less supporters combined than the Bombers, and last night's match was massive for the two clubs playing, not so today.

17,218 at the MCG

About what you'd expect, but was their lowest vs GWS at the MCG (20,018 and 20,070 the previous two)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In normal circumstance 27k is a good crowd for these 2 teams though it was a members replacement game for bulldog members today, did many show up today? They usually bring very little for away games.

The crowd for the Collingwood vs Brisbane match is pretty poor, just goes to show the drop off even in the most supported teams when they look like missing finals.
only goes to show, give the pies the draw every one else does, loose a bit of form and the crowd totals drop back pretty quickly

Where'd you find the Essendon v West Coast crowd?

That said if they drew 35000 plus that's a pretty impressive turnout
not really around average for Essendon vs WCE
considering Essendon have lost the last 2 and the WCS are pretty crap
Essendon has a very strong & solid supporter base

I doubt many North or Bulldogs fans are under any illusions where they sit with respect to crowds.

28,000 for an Ethiad game, where the Bulldogs had no great hope of finals action, was a reasonable enough crowd

Close enough to the end of the H & A season to confidently predict the end results. A quick estimate of crowds for the remaining games throws up some interesting likely results:

• Collingwood to remain 1st but with their lowest total for a decade and 2nd lowest in 15 years.
  • Essendon to grab 2nd but might fail to reach 1 million for only the 2nd time in 8 years. Also their total is potentially in the bottom 3 out of their last 17 years.
  • Hawthorn potentially getting their highest total ever and should finish in 3rd. A good chance of there being a smaller gap between them and top place as any time in their history.
  • Carlton slipping behind Hawthorn for the first time in over a decade and only the 4th time ever.
  • Adelaide climbing to 5th and probably just falling short of their best ever total
  • Geelong and Richmond fighting it out for 6th and 7th. 7th would be Richmond's worst position in 20 years.
  • Port easily achieving their best ever total.
  • Sydney and Freo achieving their 3rd or 4th best totals ever
  • Brisbane's lowest total since 1998.
  • GWS possibly recording a small increase and their best total ever
Overall the ticket pricing fiasco and the abysmal scheduling has really taken its toll on the Vic clubs. Further compounding this has been the ordinary form of the bigger clubs. Only Hawthorn has bucked the trend with some strong crowds bringing them as close to the top as they have ever been.

No surprises that the popularity of Adelaide Oval will result in record crowds for Port and near record crowds for the Crows.
I see that both Collingwood and Hawthorns away crowds are larger than their home crowds. It must be great to play your away games at your home ground?

It's amazing how quiet Collingwood has been about the pathetic crowd on Saturday night giving the whinging they did over the Sunday twilight and night games. Shows the AFL was right to give them those time slots. Only reason for the poor crowd is Collingwood being band wagon supporters, perfect weather, great time slot, terrible crowd.

It's also worth noting the Richmond v Brisaben match drow 34,577 and that was at the beginning of their 7 game winning streak (2nd win, they had defeated St Kilda the week before), so there was no expectation on making finals. If Collingwood had won on Saturday well they would've been in the box seat to play finals, now they are rank outsiders (can't see them beating Hawthorn)

I see that both Collingwood and Hawthorns away crowds are larger than their home crowds. It must be great to play your away games at your home ground?

Couple of points there:

1. Our home crowds will end up larger than our away crowds.
2. It must be nice to play all your home games at your home ground. :)

Couple of points there:

1. Our home crowds will end up larger than our away crowds.
2. It must be nice to play all your home games at your home ground. :)

Given you play 14 games at your home ground this year, I don't know what you have to complain about? Would you rather you played less?

Given you play 14 games at your home ground this year, I don't know what you have to complain about? Would you rather you played less?

I'd like to play all our home games at our home ground. Not too unreasonable a request in most competitions around the world.

It's worth noting that if every team had played home games exclusively at their home ground since 2000 with a rolling draw Collingwood's number of games at the G would have increased whilst Adelaide's games at Footy Park / Adelaide Oval would have decreased. And that's even with counting Essendon as exclusively a Docklands club.

In any case, I don't see how someone who shares their home ground with only 1 other team yet still gets 12 games a year there can complain about a team who shares their ground with 4 other official tenants (plus others) getting 14 a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back