The 2014 BF Top 50 Results

Remove this Banner Ad

7. Jarryd Roughead (1156/1650)

ROUGHEAD%20Jarryd.png

7-Roughead_zps2bd2cc72.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great job BlakeyNoFlakey. :thumbsu:

I'm looking forward to the 2015 version with Nat at No1!! ;)

edit: hehehe - just watched Ablett's highlight package. As good as Fyfe is, he's got a few years before he catches Gaz.

Not an insult to Fyfe, Gaz is a once in a generation player and by the time he calls time on his career he might be regarded as GOAT. He'll win a Brownlow down the track, that much is certain.

And of course thanks very much BlakeyNoFlakey for the hard work. :thumbsu:

Any surprises for you personally?
I was surprised at the lack of representation of North Melbourne. More North supporters needed to contribute. I think Priddis got more votes because of the Brownlow than he otherwise might have. Apart from that I think it isn't a bad list overall.

Not an insult to Fyfe, Gaz is a once in a generation player and by the time he calls time on his career he might be regarded as GOAT. He'll win a Brownlow down the track, that much is certain.
Fyfe is only 23, so he has time to win a Brownlow that's for sure. Just has to stop getting suspeneded.

Yeah it was a little tongue in cheek... Gaz prob already is GOAT - but as he gets older, and eventually retires, he will be overtaken as the best player "in that season"... I mean he can't be the best in the AFL as his body ages or when he's no longer playing... ;) I imagine, however, he'll still be top 5 in the comp when he's 35-36 and decided he's had enough...

Only one North Melbourne player and he happens to be 36 years old. I find this interesting. This isn't just Big Footy, it seems to be concusses view around the AFL community (1 in AA squad etc). Why don't people rate our players? Scott Thompson, Daniel Wells, Andrew Swallow and Todd Goldstein have all been excellent over the last 3-4 years.

Only one North Melbourne player and he happens to be 36 years old. I find this interesting. This isn't just Big Footy, it seems to be concusses view around the AFL community (1 in AA squad etc). Why don't people rate our players? Scott Thompson, Daniel Wells, Andrew Swallow and Todd Goldstein have all been excellent over the last 3-4 years.

Brent Harvey was superb this year, so no surprises he made the list, but I'd like to see you make an ironclad argument for any of those players in the top 30. I was also sort of considering Levi Greenwood but felt he wasn't good enough.

Brent Harvey was superb this year, so no surprises he made the list, but I'd like to see you make an ironclad argument for any of those players in the top 30. I was also sort of considering Levi Greenwood but felt he wasn't good enough.

See I was confused when the voting was on. I wasn't sure if it was a ranking of players based on their 2014 seasons or a ranking based on the players as they stand today all things considered.

Either way we're still and outlier compared to ladder position. Every other team is roughly near where they finished. I find it weird and I wonder why it's the case.

See I was confused when the voting was on. I wasn't sure if it was a ranking of players based on their 2014 seasons or a ranking based on the players as they stand today all things considered.

Either way we're still and outlier compared to ladder position. Every other team is roughly near where they finished. I find it weird and I wonder why it's the case.

Yeah the OP left it open as to what criteria you wanted to use - exclusively 2014, or mixed in with past form.

I (and probably many others) think that North are a very good side with an even spread of contributors, with Boomer spearheading them this year. It's actually a good thing imo that you have a playing list with many contributors. Having Mackenzie and Priddis make the top 20 for us, for example, masks how s**t many of our other players were this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back