Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be wrapped if we took Petracca and Brayshaw, We need talent 2 elite kids plus hogan and trengove next year is not a bad start

Add to the that just 1 of Toumpas or Watts pulling there finger out and we have the start of a young midfield coming through

Plus whatever we spend pick 20 on aswell which could always be a Dunstan Shuey type etc because I doubt anyone is putting there first pick on the table for Stretch

Plus
I'd be looking to offload 20 for another Vince type, or even O'Rourke/Jaksch. I wonder if we could shake Adam Tomlinson loose? Gotta get his fellow Trinity old boy Dom Tyson in his ear.

My tip is to the Bulldogs. P3 + 2nd rounder (which should be at 21 or so) to the Dogs for Hrovat and 7.

The Dogs are screaming out for a monster. P3 should get them Wright. Park him next to Cramieri with the midfield they already have and I have them in the 8. Need to be bold.
I haven't seen much of Hrovat play, but from what I do know I'm not sure that he's the kind of midfielder we need. Doesn't seem like much of a clearance winner. That being said the gap between P3 and P7 is pretty slim this year, especially when it comes to midfielders. I'm not sure that Hrovat would come to us willingly though haha.

If it seems like St Kilda are going to pass on Petracca I'd be more inclined to keep 2 and 3. If it looks like they're going to take him trading 3 might be more appealing.

I haven't seen much of Hrovat play, but from what I do know I'm not sure that he's the kind of midfielder we need. Doesn't seem like much of a clearance winner. That being said the gap between P3 and P7 is pretty slim this year, especially when it comes to midfielders. I'm not sure that Hrovat would come to us willingly though haha.

If it seems like St Kilda are going to pass on Petracca I'd be more inclined to keep 2 and 3. If it looks like they're going to take him trading 3 might be more appealing.

Averaging 17 disposals/game at 72%. 2 I50s and a clearance or two a game. Picks up a lot of the contested ball. In short, he's another attack dog for the in-and-under game which to be honest I think we need - really, I consider us to only have three of those true inside mids in Cross, Jones and Viney. Tyson can do it too but I prefer him to be that middle tier able to go inside and out rather than dedicating him to the inside.

Averaging 17 disposals/game at 72%. 2 I50s and a clearance or two a game. Picks up a lot of the contested ball. In short, he's another attack dog for the in-and-under game which to be honest I think we need - really, I consider us to only have three of those true inside mids in Cross, Jones and Viney. Tyson can do it too but I prefer him to be that middle tier able to go inside and out rather than dedicating him to the inside.

Tyson plays inside but he isnt inside like Viney, Viney can win a 50/50 ball
Tyson more can set up play under pressure if that makes sense by getting his arms free or stepping around someone

We're still the 17th ranked clearance side in the competition though, and Cross won't be around much longer. Geelong (who are 18th) have proven that it isn't a necessity but for a side like ours who are firmly rooted at the bottom we need that explosive power in the middle to be able to compete in contests. Otherwise we just get blown out of the water. Petracca and Brayshaw are clearance machines and probably just as physically developed as Hrovat, I reckon. Probably even more so. He's a good player no doubt but I'd rather get two (potentially) absolute guns in.

We need to give Jones 800k now and make him sign up ASAP. Garland should get a decent wedge too if he gives us another three years. Sick of FA.

We need to give Jones 800k now and make him sign up ASAP. Garland should get a decent wedge too if he gives us another three years. Sick of FA.

Yeah no we need to lock down some long term deals for some good players, may as well use the shitness now to frontload some long term deals
Jonesy will play till his 30 atleast no worries, Garlo is also smart enough to play long term

These people need to be killed.

I think you being genuine and I agree lol

If Jones leaves this club might as well fold. It would just be the last straw.

In all seriousness this mob has become a feeder club. There is no flexibility in the cap and no way to force a trade. We draft players, they lose for a while and they leave. We are expected to shell out year on year to watch them lose. We are a laughing stock.

To be honest I'm pretty much done. I can't be stuffed anymore with the biggest speculation being who will leave and the media being about laying the boot in. Its just exhausting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness this mob has become a feeder club. There is no flexibility in the cap and no way to force a trade. We draft players, they lose for a while and they leave. We are expected to shell out year on year to watch them lose. We are a laughing stock.

To be honest I'm pretty much done. I can't be stuffed anymore with the biggest speculation being who will leave and the media being about laying the boot in. Its just exhausting.
I dunno, feeder club would imply that the players who leave us make other teams better.

The best chance is probably Dangerfield; if the Crows do think he's a genuine chance to leave at the end of next year they might be willing to cut their losses early.

I can't see this happening. There are so few places for a player to go or that replacements can get recruited from - raffling off your best player would send the Crows fans ballistic. I doubt a club wants to look like they've thrown in the towel where their best player is concerned. Happens in the round ball game but a fat stack of cash is involved and most of the planet can be scoured for a replacement.

My wish is for Frawley to go and that we're fortunate enough to be gifted pick 3 and that Petracca is overlooked by the Saints.

Enter Petracca and Brayshaw. Others may not be as enamoured, but I reckon they'll be be very good mids and with Stretch provide great stimulus to the midfield.

Stretch? He's soft and can't use the footy...

Stretch? He's soft and can't use the footy...

You're welcome to make concrete statements before he's even in the AFL system, but I'll reserve judgement until I see him in said environment.

On initial showings I like what he brings to the table. It's easy to look for any perceived fault or over analyse a missed target, etc. but rather than always looking for what a young player doesn't do well recruiters study what they do do well.

You're welcome to make concrete statements before he's even in the AFL system, but I'll reserve judgement until I see him in said environment.

On initial showings I like what he brings to the table. It's easy to look for any perceived fault or over analyse a missed target, etc. but rather than always looking for what a young player doesn't do well recruiters study what they do do well.

Look im not making a call either way on him , but there is clearly weaknesses there which is why we will get him for a 3rd round pick

Ive heard quite a few reports saying that he is poor by foot, Lets not go over the top again here people

Anyone taking beyond pick 20 has got to be less than a 50% chance of playing 150 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back