Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tongue in cheek mate, I'm not concerned.

No great fan of reading the draft blurbs anyway - everyone sounds like the next Ablett / Carey / Silvagni. Just curious to see what names are floating around about our picks.
I find it funnier when elite juniors get compared to really crappy AFL players like your Tamblings or Mortons. Again it's not really meant to be a comment on skill but you can just imagine how they'd react if they read it haha.

I find it funnier when elite juniors get compared to really crappy AFL players like your Tamblings or Mortons. Again it's not really meant to be a comment on skill but you can just imagine how they'd react if they read it haha.

"This kid could be the next Scott Gumbleton or Kepler Bradley"
"His disposal at times resembled that of a developing Cheynee Stiller"
"He launches at the ball like Gerard Bennett in his prime"

"This kid could be the next Scott Gumbleton or Kepler Bradley"
"His disposal at times resembled that of a developing Cheynee Stiller"
"He launches at the ball like Gerard Bennett in his prime"
"Kicks the ball and makes decisions almost as well as Jack Watts."

Chris25 and Knightmare are two guys over that really do know their stuff though, I'd recommend reading some of it.

Paige Cardona has also posted a very good one over on the phantom draft board.

And Skippos is an excellent one which has received surprisingly little recognition considering it's quality - he's even linked a video of each of the players in case you want to see what they play like.

I really hope we don't draft Peter Wright. Just don't see it with him. If we can't swing a trade just go with Petracca and Brayshaw. You can never get enough midfield talent.

I hate thought of taking a ruck forward in the draft , Joey Daniher is the best one I've seen come through as an early pick

I'd rather us trade down if the saints take petracca

I hate thought of taking a ruck forward in the draft , Joey Daniher is the best one I've seen come through as an early pick

Peter Wright isn't really a 'ruck forward' though. He's either a ruckman or a forward - he does either one as well as anyone else in the draft. I just don't think his forward capabilities will translate that well to the seniors.

Peter Wright isn't really a 'ruck forward' though. He's either a ruckman or a forward - he does either one as well as anyone else in the draft. I just don't think his forward capabilities will translate that well to the seniors.

Isn't that the definition of a ruck forward ? Lol

Wright would have spent his whole juniors reaching up an catchin the ball

McCartin at 193/4 whatever he is would have worked on being a forward since he started

Don't take a ruck/forward or whatever you want to call him ever under any circumstance

It has failed almost every time apart from natunui who still can't actually play footy

Leunbeger , Kreuzer , meesen etc

Waste of a top draft pick

Yes, well by the time they've taken Petracca at pick #1, we probably won't be able to raffle off one of our picks.

2417202-huge+mistake.gif

I really hope we don't draft Peter Wright. Just don't see it with him. If we can't swing a trade just go with Petracca and Brayshaw. You can never get enough midfield talent.

Skippos and Paige Cardonas drafts are the most recently updated, and both have McCartin going to the Saints, and Petracca going to the Dees.

The only way I can see this changing from here, is if we or St Kilda trade our pick.

Isn't that the definition of a ruck forward ? Lol

Wright would have spent his whole juniors reaching up an catchin the ball

McCartin at 193/4 whatever he is would have worked on being a forward since he started

Don't take a ruck/forward or whatever you want to call him ever under any circumstance

It has failed almost every time apart from natunui who still can't actually play footy

Leunbeger , Kreuzer , meesen etc

Waste of a top draft pick
Ruck forward usually implies that only their combined rucking and forward(ing?) skills makes them AFL worthy. That's not the case with Wright though, as he could claim to be the best ruckman AND the best forward in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Skippos and Paige Cardonas drafts are the most recently updated, and both have McCartin going to the Saints, and Petracca going to the Dees.

The only way I can see this changing from here, is if we or St Kilda trade our pick.
Meant with our second pick.

Yes, well by the time they've taken Petracca at pick #1, we probably won't be able to raffle off one of our picks.

2417202-huge+mistake.gif
I'd be happy with McCartin, Durdin or Lever to go with Brayshaw if this happens.

Ruck forward usually implies that only their combined rucking and forward(ing?) skills makes them AFL worthy. That's not the case with Wright though, as he could claim to be the best ruckman AND the best forward in the draft.

Ok Well let me me define it then lol , if your over 200cm I don't want us spending a top 5 pick on you

St Kilda would be fairly insane to overlook a tall forward. I reckon they'll trade a player like Joey to get inside the top 12 and pick up a younger type.

St Kilda would be fairly insane to overlook a tall forward. I reckon they'll trade a player like Joey to get inside the top 12 and pick up a younger type.
At 31 going into 2015 Montagna's trade value would have to be pretty low. They'd get a second rounder for him at best, and probably a late one.

It would also go down seriously badly at the club if they tried to move him on, given his stature there. They also can't afford to lose too much more experience after Hayes, Dal Santo, Jones, etc.

The Saints took 2 mids in Billings and Dunstan last year and also took Acres as a utility, it would make sense to take a KPF over another mid with their first pick.

The Saints took 2 mids in Billings and Dunstan last year and also took Acres as a utility, it would make sense to take a KPF over another mid with their first pick.
They would also want to recruit a new KPF before rather than after Riewoldt retires, so that he can shield/nurture him.

With the amount of delistings that the Saints are doing already, I'm growing increasingly sure that they're planning to trade the number one pick for a 1st round+player package. They need to get more quality in than they can through draft alone and they don't have much left worth trading.

With the amount of delistings that the Saints are doing already, I'm growing increasingly sure that they're planning to trade the number one pick for a 1st round+player package. They need to get more quality in than they can through draft alone and they don't have much left worth trading.

Or they might be planning on upgrading there rookies

If they trade away the rights to a KF they deserve to stay on 1 premiership for another century

Or they might be planning on upgrading there rookies

If they trade away the rights to a KF they deserve to stay on 1 premiership for another century

They'd be daft not to trade #1 to GWS for #3 and a player or two (Jaksch, O'Rourke, Whiley, etc). They can still get one of Wright, McCartin, Brayshaw or Petracca with pick #3, so hardly going to be a bust of a deal. If GWS take Petracca and we go with Brayshaw (and get munted on the Frawley compo), they could still have their pick of the talls.

We're being sucked into the Petracca hype big time over here, but not quite as much as St Kilda fans are.

Up until a few weeks ago, Spencer White was playing D League footy. They drafted him into the side to give him a few games and generate some excitement, and now they think he can be Riewoldt's successor and they're free to take a midfielder.

I mean, they have a glaring hole in their forward line, but as long as Roo is there and until his Rennaisance finishes they won't realise it.

They want to downgrade in a trade with GWS, and these are the two proposed deals that I saw.

St Kilda: Pick 3, pick 21
GWS: Pick 1

St Kilda: Pick 3, Jeremy Cameron
GWS: Pick 1, Sam Gilbert

One guy seems convinced that McCartin just couldn't be a star at AFL level, whilst the majority think an inside midfield of Petracca, Dunstan and Murdoch (?) would have opposition teams to scared too put players in the guts.

The reality about these kids (and yes, I'll call them that because I'm finally older than them and my draft dreams are over) is that it's all hype. Very few of us have seen them play regularly, not many have seen them play at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back