The 2015 Attendance Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

To back up this, Essendon have the most AFL members and the 2nd most MCC members. All the public seating is virtually sold out. Crowd should be over 85,000 from all indications so far.

I think it will be a de facto sell out.

8th V 9th. Neither a real flag chance but both legit aspirations of finals footy. Good time slot. Tiges coming off two good wins. Fletcher. 2013 showed what the match up can deliver if both are going reasonably well.

Something in the 83/85,000 range for me.

2015aroundthegroundsr8.png

Will Dreamtime surpass 80,000? With Fletcher so far on track to play 400th you can be sure the Essendon away rollup will be pretty solid. Clearly the Tiger fans will be there too. It cones down to the MCC and AFL members again. Richmond are relatively poorly represented in the AFL and MCC and past matches have failed to fill these reserves. It will need some neutral followers to exceed 85,000. I say 81,000.

The Richmond home games have always drawn the larger crowds in this fixture.

2005 - 49,975 (Richmond home game)
2006 - 58,439 (Essendon home game)
2007 - 61,837 (Richmond)
2008 - 60,333 (Essendon)
2009 - 73,625 (Richmond)
2010 - 64,709 (Essendon)
2011 - 83,563 (Richmond)
2012 - 81,200 (Essendon)
2013 - 84,234 (Richmond)
2014 - 74,664 (Essendon)

Loved the big attendance today. Let's try and make a petition to the AFL to change the Sunday Arvo match back to 2:10!

I agree - the turnout at the Demons/Dogs game was poor, no doubt influenced by Melbourne's poor form the last couple of weeks but also the timeslot.

There were 29k there yesterday, we got almost the same crowd against the Suns in round 1! There really is no excuse for having less than 40k to the game yesterday, but the timeslot does make it difficult.

I agree - the turnout at the Demons/Dogs game was poor, no doubt influenced by Melbourne's poor form the last couple of weeks but also the timeslot.

There were 29k there yesterday, we got almost the same crowd against the Suns in round 1! There really is no excuse for having less than 40k to the game yesterday, but the timeslot does make it difficult.

I thought there wasn't anything wrong with the crowd. Neither team has a lot of support, and Melbourne aren't in finals contention so I thought it was around par.

Going on memory only, I don't think there have been too many 40k+ crowds for Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs in the last 10 years or so. The average for Melbourne home games against the Bulldogs since 2000 is around 31,000 I believe (have calculated this before just don't have it on me).

I thought there wasn't anything wrong with the crowd. Neither team has a lot of support, and Melbourne aren't in finals contention so I thought it was around par.

Going on memory only, I don't think there have been too many 40k+ crowds for Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs in the last 10 years or so. The average for Melbourne home games against the Bulldogs since 2000 is around 31,000 I believe (have calculated this before just don't have it on me).

We only had 2k more yesterday than against the Suns. The Dogs should bring along at least 15k supporters. No reason not to expect 40k all things being equal.

We only had 2k more yesterday than against the Suns. The Dogs should bring along at least 15k supporters. No reason not to expect 40k all things being equal.

Round 1 always significantly boosts crowds. The Bulldogs would often times struggle to get 15,000 of their supporters to home games, yet alone away games. Away games you are far more likely to see 8-10,000. The Round 1 game was also on a Saturday afternoon as opposed to Sunday afternoon right? That could have been responsible for a couple of thousand difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MCG is predicting 80,000 for Dreamtime. It could be anywhere between 75,000 and 85,000 I reckon.

Past dreamtime games show that 80000 is very realistic

Both teams coming off a win
Fletchers 400th Game
Expected good weather
Expected to be a close game.

Thinking 85000 is a pretty good number,
Public reserve is going to pretty much sell out, afl and mcc reserve turnout will be the difference.

Could it realistically come close to beating Anzac Day ?
There aren't really any factors to stop a massive turnout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcc also predicted 72000 for the round one tigers and blues clash while it pulled 83500 or 11500 more.
It will be very interesting!

Yeah, but the MCG has also predicted many crowds to be well over what they have been, so it definitely works both ways. All we know is it this stage, they have access to more information about what the crowd will be like than we do. It is often a good guide, but as you pointed out can still be significantly wrong - in both directions!

MCG is predicting 80,000 for Dreamtime. It could be anywhere between 75,000 and 85,000 I reckon.

The G have been wrong more often than right this season occasionally as with Round 1 really under estimating and more often over estimating.

My own feeling is that it should be nearer 85,000 but we'll see. We rarely see Richmond and Essendon play each other with both in reasonable form. Given both in mid ladder a good timeslot it simply has to be a crowd magnet. Whatever happens we are looking at a blockbuster turnout.

The G have been wrong more often than right this season occasionally as with Round 1 really under estimating and more often over estimating.

My own feeling is that it should be nearer 85,000 but we'll see. We rarely see Richmond and Essendon play each other with both in reasonable form. Given both in mid ladder a good timeslot it simply has to be a crowd magnet. Whatever happens we are looking at a blockbuster turnout.

Exactly!
Any figure over 80000 is a fantastic turnout!

So I have just gone on to Ticketek to purchase seats for friends to Saturday nights game, but was offered seats in the AFL reserve?

Is this a usual occurrence as I have never had this happen before ?

Also just got an email from the club telling me there are just 4000 seats remaining.

With Ticketek selling seats in the AFL reserve and only 4000 seats left, everything looks like we could be looking at a monster crowd that could be the biggest game of the year!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back