Mega Thread The 2015 Buckley coaching megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood - Nathan Buckley (2016): The steady decline in performance each year since Mick Malthouse means that Buckley will face intense scrutiny if the Magpies flail in 2015. However, the loss of Dayne Beams is a mitigating factor, and as a club great it is difficult to envisage Buckley being canned while still under contract. Safe for 2016 if: He can prevent a civil war in the playing group.

So the Age is saying there is still a big Split between players on the player list.

I think this is just Total Guessing by the Age. The same Crap the Journalists are writing negative stuff about Collingwood trying to Sell Papers.

You Agree?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-to-do-to-keep-their-job-20141226-12e0hg.html

Yeah, this Daniel Cherny is speculating and is clueless.

1408400820092.png

CLUELESS

Yeah they're saying that it's somewhat of a theoretical possibility without actually saying it exists and without providing any evidence that it may happen. Theoretically the journalist is right because if the young blokes dragged in a guillotine and started lopping the heads off anyone over 25 Buckley would probably lose his job very quickly.

The real question for me is: would they take Buckley's head as well, or would they let him resign in disgrace at the bloodshed caused?

He's not saying there is a split now TD, he's saying he might have to prevent one if things go sour next year

Well the List would be Pretty Weak then IF things go bad and they just Blame Bucks.

Though the Media will try and do that IF we continue to go Backwards

So the Age is saying there is still a big Split between players on the player list.

The Age did not say that in that article.

The article simply said Bucks' will hold onto his job if he averts a civil war in the playing group.

(Thread title changed BTW)

I think this is just Total Guessing by the Age.

Agree with that.

The same Crap the Journalists are writing negative stuff about Collingwood trying to Sell Papers.

How is it negative? The journalist is implying Bucks' job is far safer than many other people would believe. I'm pretty sure there are supporters on here who would call for Bucks' head if we miss finals this year.

The Age did not say that in that article.

The article simply said Bucks' will hold onto his job if he averts a civil war in the playing group.

(Thread title changed BTW)

Well they are still Applying it could happen when the Wrote it

How is it negative? The journalist is implying Bucks' job is far safer than many other people would believe. I'm pretty sure there are supporters on here who would call for Bucks' head if we miss finals this year

Buck’s won’t get Sacked Yet. Could not see Eddie Sacking Bucks

Don't take this to heart but mod's might have to lock this thread up cos it will just turn into the old f-rts who love MM and hate bucks...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't take this to heart but mod's might have to lock this thread up cos it will just turn into the old f-rts who love MM and hate bucks...

IF that happens then it might be but Nothing like this has happened yet

Well they are still Applying it could happen when the Wrote it

By using that argument, the journo is also implying that Phil Walsh might not turn up to training at Adelaide, Lions will be deplorable, Essendon will get ravaged by drug tribunal and finish bottom 4, Ross Lyon doesn't want to be at Freo anymore, Chris Scott will get sick of living in Geelong, Clarkson is tired of Brendan Bolton smiling, Melbourne under Roos will win only 2 games, and Kochie hates Hinkley.

Buck’s won’t get Sacked Yet. Could not see Eddie Sacking Bucks

Agree with that TD.

By using that argument, the journo is also implying that Phil Walsh might not turn up to training at Adelaide, Lions will be deplorable, Essendon will get ravaged by drug tribunal and finish bottom 4, Ross Lyon doesn't want to be at Freo anymore, Chris Scott will get sick of living in Geelong, Clarkson is tired of Brendan Bolton smiling, Melbourne under Roos will win only 2 games, and Kochie hates Hinkley

So he was just Making Stuff up in the Article then?

So he was just Making Stuff up in the Article then?

No.

He was just expressing what he thinks would have to happen for coaches to lose their jobs.

In the case of Clarkson, he said he'll keep his job "If he doesn't get tired of Brendon Bolton smiling all the time."

Does that mean that Clarkson is tired of Brendon Bolton smiling? No.

Does that mean that Clarkson will lose his job? No.

He's just equating unlikely events. It's a turn of phrase.

No.

He was just expressing what he thinks would have to happen for coaches to lose their jobs.

In the case of Clarkson, he said he'll keep his job "If he doesn't get tired of Brendon Bolton smiling all the time."

Does that mean that Clarkson is tired of Brendon Bolton smiling? No.

Does that mean that Clarkson will lose his job? No.

He's just equating unlikely events. It's a turn of phrase.

So he had nothing to write about so he just came up with this Article?

That's all it was mate.
It's very slow in the football world this time of the year.

True and Only News you get until then 2nd week of January when they come back would be Bad News

I think this is just Total Guessing by the Age. The same Crap the Journalists are writing negative stuff about Collingwood trying to Sell Papers.

You Agree?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-coaches-2015-what-they-need-to-do-to-keep-their-job-20141226-12e0hg.html

The Age isn't saying there is still a big split between the players Dave. This is a light hearted article, just relax a little bit.

If Buckley doesn't perform in 2015 I don't see why he deserves another year

I'm tired of going backwards

Because he has Re-Build the team the way he see’s his team and not MM Team.

Plus he still has another year on his Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back