Mega Thread The 2015 Buckley coaching megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been on the board since Sunday, 90 posts and yet to read anything you have posted that is positive about the coach, players or club. You sure you support Collingwood?

Was going to make a similar post. I don't mind negatives posts, but if everything someone posts is negative you have to wonder whether they are just trolling.

I like your references to the tricks and wiles employed by coaches to win flags. Does have the ring of MM about it, and that other wiley old fox, Sheedy, and Barassi and others before them. Do you think there is still a place in modern football for these sorts of devious tricks and cunning stratagems?

Most definitely Vicky! Look, I was thrilled with Buckley's early approach to the media game when he said it like he saw it. It was like a breath of fresh air after Malthouse's prickly caginess. Weren't we told early on that there wouldn't be any foxing with the, "will he play?" question? That's how it seemed to play out any way. Now we have Balme there is a new way of saying injury estimates - short term, medium term and long term. That is a way of getting around the problem of saying a number and then it not panning out that way. But can it also be a way of adding some more mystery, and dare I say, intrigue to the game?

When the news Thursday night proclaimed injury woes at Collingwood I wondered if there was some foxing going on. It turned out it was more Channel Ten messing with out minds. Collingwood played their cards pretty straight and Pendles was in with Adams out (as expected by many).

I'm personally ambivalent about foxing type tactics, but I wonder if Buckley is re-thinking how he can gain ascendency.

We want to see those performances against good opposition, not necessarily winning, but 4 qtr efforts with clean ball movement and structures that work.

Only problem with this theory is that if we put in a 4 quarter effort, have clean ball movement and have structures that work we will win. It is the very nature of not being as good as your opposition that your ball movement and structure don't look great. As the Hawks showed on GF day, good teams make the opposition look awful.

At this stage in our development I think we should be judging Bucks on the players effort and the development of individuals. Against the best our ball movement and structures I expect will often fall apart. I think the Adelaide game performance is what we can expect against the good teams. Good effort, some good individual efforts, but our ball movement and structures will be pulled apart by the best.

Watching footy for over 50 years?

Not sure who your trying to impress. If watching football for the longest made you the best footy mind then all the coaches would be 70 year olds. I just meant that I don't see what you see. And you don't see what I see. Amazing how people can see things so differently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure who your trying to impress. If watching football for the longest made you the best footy mind then all the coaches would be 70 year olds. I just meant that I don't see what you see. And you don't see what I see. Amazing how people can see things so differently.
Oh dear, so serious, why on earth would I try to impress you? Don't even know you.
When I go to the footy, I immerse myself in the tactics of the game, I not only watch our team but the opposing a well. I found that I just can't watch a game without looking all over the field to see who is where and the match ups. Re: Buckley as you say that is just my opinion, Sheedy, Jeans and Kennedy were vey good as well .

Pies are playing a top 10 side so that means we will kick less than 10 goals again and play the boundary lines and leave the coradoor open for easy goals to the bombers .. Buckley to sit in the box with no clue look on his face and hide behind his phone ..

Pies are playing a top 10 side so that means we will kick less than 10 goals again and play the boundary lines and leave the coradoor open for easy goals to the bombers .. Buckley to sit in the box with no clue look on his face and hide behind his phone ..
I'm convinced. Not even going to watch now.

Quiet week for you Bucks, but drop your guard against MM next week and 100 lashes will be in store.

Tragic to see the vanquished coach Little Jimmy Hird look so sad after the game.
Might need some magic potion tonight to get a boner Jimmy.

All of this pretty much came true. Except the Bombers only got one or two easy goals through corridor use and only five for the whole match! ;)

wow... this was incredibly accurate... we kicked less than 10 goals... essendon kicked some easy goals and bucks did hide behind that phone...scary close

All of this pretty much came true. Except the Bombers only got one or two easy goals through corridor use and only five for the whole match! ;)

oops i didnt see your post... and you're right but he didnt say that essendon would kick a lot of easy goals....just that they would get some easy goals

as for bucks, he was hopeless. The players are still not playing for him... i think that they're playing for each other or something but they definitely dont have bucks in mind when they're playing.... he is the worst coach on earth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back