Mega Thread The 2015 Buckley coaching megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I write the disclaimer please?

Although the author and publisher have made every effort to ensure that the information in this book was correct at press time, the author and publisher do not assume and hereby disclaim any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions result from negligence, accident, or any other cause. Any predictions about team sheets for games in the future should be interpreted only as educated and informed assessments of the author's unique skills in analysing football, but should not be relied upon for betting purposes.

Bucks has built a brilliant set of fundamentals into this young side. Tough hard footy + team football will win you premierships. This side will soon be ripe to do what hawthorn did from 2008 to present

Although the author and publisher have made every effort to ensure that the information in this book was correct at press time, the author and publisher do not assume and hereby disclaim any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions result from negligence, accident, or any other cause. Any predictions about team sheets for games in the future should be interpreted only as educated and informed assessments of the author's unique skills in analysing football, but should not be relied upon for betting purposes.
Too wordy, mine would have been better.

excerpts from my book...

Ode to Buckley

How do I loathe you? Let me count the ways.
I loathe you to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I loathe you to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
I loathe you freely, as men might strive for Right;
I loathe you purely, as they turn from Praise.
I loathe you with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I loathe you with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints,–I loathe you with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!–and, if God choose,
I shall but loathe you better after death.

the problem is the lack of passion that

I agree. There is a lot of things that are working against bucks being a successful coach...and I didnt mention his cronic bad luck.... never won a premiership..... tons of injuries in the last couple of years... is it just coincidence or is Buckley vexed? It is disturbing. It's like the planets have aligned against him...
Jinxed possibly???
I'm vexed at your post....

good rugged looks dont guarantee success.... i'm the perfect example. I'm fabulously good looking but i've never won lotto.
You lack the talent component of the equation and therefore must always be susceptible to the fickle winds of chance

I can't believe you are still not able to let go.

How about you admit 2011 was lost due to the succession plan? Coach didnt want to go, the players didnt want him to go etc. 2012 we underachieved and 2013 and 2014 were utter disasters. This year is looking promising but that doesnt fix the past now does it.

Looking forward to the rest of the year as the signs are good.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about you admit 2011 was lost due to the succession plan? Coach didnt want to go, the players didnt want him to go etc. 2012 we underachieved and 2013 and 2014 were utter disasters. This year is looking promising but that doesnt fix the past now does it.

Sometimes I enjoy exchanging posts with you and I really hope that there are no hard feelings but I am really serious when I say I do not accept that the plan cost us 2011. It was the petulance of a coach who was finished and given more years than he deserved that derailed our year.
It has taken us two-three years to recover and rebuild and I think/hope we are back on track for an exciting few years.

4716c4aef92cb70e8f4a2cc40dfc7c38.jpg

Delusional.

excerpts from my book...

Ode to Buckley

How do I loathe you? Let me count the ways.
I loathe you to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I loathe you to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
I loathe you freely, as men might strive for Right;
I loathe you purely, as they turn from Praise.
I loathe you with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I loathe you with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints,–I loathe you with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!–and, if God choose,
I shall but loathe you better after death.

You have a best seller on your hands.

The great man should be offered a 10 year Buddy type contract to ward off jealous opposition clubs

You still want Mick back?

I'd say he does, probably still thinks we should've matched the Scum's offer for Daisy, Bucks ruined Dawes' career and Didak should still be in our best 18.

Id say you have NFI.

Buckley owes this club success since he was a major factor in the failure of 2011 at minimum. He should have announced that if we win the flag he will stand aside for another year. That way everyone would have been focused on winning games of footy including the players! You can go on all you like about contracts but the fact was Buckley taking over when he did was a monumental mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back