Mega Thread The 2015 Buckley coaching megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? Slobbo asked him on 360 if hes been offered a new contract and buckley looked as tho he may hav been talking about it ( rumoured here they were in talks 3-4 months ago ) but perhaps that talk had cooled.

If they offer him a new contract just for so called 'stability sakes' and not for performance ed and pert hav lost the plot.
No big deal, we have enough money to pay out his contract if the club is silly enough to offer new contract based on this year.

No big deal, we have enough money to pay out his contract if the club is silly enough to offer new contract based on this year.

No big deal? Well they can stop asking for $200 raffle tickets from me if they are just going to piss money up against the wall.

Make him earn his contract, if he is good enough by all means offer him a new contract but wait until he achieves something first.

No big deal? Well they can stop asking for $200 raffle tickets from me if they are just going to piss money up against the wall.

Make him earn his contract, if he is good enough by all means offer him a new contract but wait until he achieves something first.
Don't buy the raffle tickets, I don't.
Don't think they rely on you and others, Holden, Emirates and others put plenty in.
In case you didn't read my post I agree with you, contract extension shouldn't be given at this time.

Caro and Hutchy both think that Bucks will be offered a contract extension during the off season.

I bloody hope not. He needs to actually improve on a Season 1st not keep going Backwards down the Ladder

Don't buy the raffle tickets, I don't.
Don't think they rely on you and others, Holden, Emirates and others put plenty in.
In case you didn't read my post I agree with you, contract extension shouldn't be given at this time.

they put the guilt trip on me, love my club, cant say no. Bad habit i know.

I know u agree, but being flippant about it saying we can pay him out if it goes wrong is bad management. Not the way these things should be done. They rely on memberships

The language is passion, replaced the coach and now going better. Guess he knew more than those in charge.

better? there's only about 5 teams that can win the title .... the rest are there to make up the numbers... so if they dont win it then they're crap

btw you call it passion, it still looks like a mild case of head trauma to me

Caro and Hutchy both think that Bucks will be offered a contract extension during the off season.

And Gary Lyon said we should wait until next year and let Buckley earn it.

Why on Earth should we extend his contract? He was gifted the job and has had 4 disappointing years so far. Even Hawthorn havnt extended Clarksons contract beyond 2016 yet :$

Why on Earth should we extend his contract? He was gifted the job and has had 4 disappointing years so far. Even Hawthorn havnt extended Clarksons contract beyond 2016 yet :$

It's important we sign him now before other clubs poach him :drunk:

I am not in favour of giving him a contract extension at this stage. I believe the club should make a decision at the end of the 2016 season.

Amazes me the amount of negative posts towards Buckley and that he must go. But I'm yet to read any reasonable plans on who comes in and does a better job, seems posters are just happy to winge and complain until a new coach comes in then when results don't change the winging will move on to the new coach.
No one knows what is going on behind closed doors so how about just trusting the club to make the right decisions!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazes me the amount of negative posts towards Buckley and that he must go. But I'm yet to read any reasonable plans on who comes in and does a better job, seems posters are just happy to winge and complain until a new coach comes in then when results don't change the winging will move on to the new coach.
No one knows what is going on behind closed doors so how about just trusting the club to make the right decisions!

My view is that the club needs to continue to support Buckley but can do so without offering an extension until the end of next year. The media tends to point to examples like Carlton as to what can happen when a coach does not have a longer term deal. The Carlton scenario did not work for a variety of reasons which don't necessarily apply to Collingwood.

My view is that the club needs to continue to support Buckley but can do so without offering an extension until the end of next year. The media tends to point to examples like Carlton as to what can happen when a coach does not have a longer term deal. The Carlton scenario did not work for a variety of reasons which don't necessarily apply to Collingwood.
I believe the club will be backing Buckley in, whether a contract extension comes as part of that backing time will tell. However Buckley should be given some more time to work with the young talent he has bought into the club as the rebuild gains momentum.

It will be 5 less memberships in 2016 from my family if bucks stays on as our senior coach ..

Why?

Are you responding to the series of poor performances, and if so, do you expect that another coach would do any better with the same players at his disposal?

Or do you have specific gripes against Buckley?

Sincere question.

I believe the club will be backing Buckley in, whether a contract extension comes as part of that backing time will tell. However Buckley should be given some more time to work with the young talent he has bought into the club as the rebuild gains momentum.

I don't disagree with you but hope that an assessment of Buckley's position as coach is made after next season. There is no need to rush this.

Comparison with bulldogs appears to be reasonable on face value.

Wallis - pick 22 2010 draft
Stringer - pick 5 2012 draft
McCrae - pick 6 2012 draft
Bontempelli - pick 4 2013 draft

So they got going about a year or two ahead of us....depending on how generous you want to be with Buckley. Scharenberg and Freeman havent made a contribution from 2013 and the two boys from last year have done well. Depending on their contribution you could argue for a strong finals campaign in 2017.

A measured response from Bucks last night reminding of the journey undertaken and the course that's been plotted

Let everyone else run around pulling out their hair and screaming for a wet wipe.. the boss stays the course with a steady hand and firm jaw o_O

A measured response from Bucks last night reminding of the journey undertaken and the course that's been plotted

Let everyone else run around pulling out their hair and screaming for a wet wipe.. the boss stays the course with a steady hand and firm jaw o_O

I just had a mental flash from that old Titanic movie...... the captain with the grey beard holding onto the helm as the the ship slowly sunk

I just had a mental flash from that old Titanic movie...... the captain with the grey beard holding onto the helm as the the ship slowly sunk
In real life the bastard jumped at the last minute according to a survivor of the crew

Tried the ole Ross Lyon but couldn't quite pull it off :p

In real life the bastard jumped at the last minute according to a survivor of the crew

Tried the ole Ross Lyon but couldn't quite pull it off :p

we need pragmatic leaders like Ross. I'm willing to dump Clarko and fall in behind Ross, if you agree to join me..... and we can march into the future side by side and dump Bucks...

Gary Lyon said this? well that's a persuasive argument. He has demonstrated real form in picking coaches.

which reminds me ...what is mark neeld doing these days?

we need pragmatic leaders like Ross. I'm willing to dump Clarko and fall in behind Ross, if you agree to join me..... and we can march into the future side by side and dump Bucks...
With Freo likely to bottom out without a flag it's a sage plan.. Ross has a packed bag in the boot at all times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back