Mega Thread The 2015 Buckley coaching megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one can question Ed's love for the Club, just the fact he's capable of making a hard call on someone he adored, groomed for the position and envisaged as a successful coach of the Maggies for yonks.

I have some belief that he'll put the club first, if called upon to do so. Hopefully things go peachy in 2016 and Ed won't have to do a damned thing except give him a bigger contract. Soon find out.

Good first post even though I'm clearly nowhere near as optimistic of our prospects as you.

But my biggest fear is your suggestion of Bucks getting the arse if we don't make the eight next year will not eventuate.
Based on the precedent and Ed's fate tied with Bucks' The Club is far more likely to have another appeasing Q and A session with the supporters, push the narrative of us improving even though the results don't show it or even extend the coach's contract during this off season in the name of stability and once again based on sfa.
Well, the proof will be in the pudding. We might not have improved our ladder position this year but we have become more competitive for more of the year. I believe we will see an improvement in both our ladder position and our competitiveness throughout the entire year next year.

I dont know how people can deny the hatred and loathing felt by the coaching staff towards buckley, when we find out a couple of weeks ago that Davoren is going and now Tapping is going. The fact that they havent gone yet is just a minor point. We have star players leaving too. At this rate, the only two left by the end of Summer will be Eddie and Buckley..... I think we should be panicking

White was recruited as Leigh Brown utility type ruckman. He has been in and out of the side because Buckley has changed his forward structure weekly.

1 week he has played Witts as a KPF with Grundy, it has rarely worked, the next week he has played White as the second KPF swapping ruck and the next week he has played White along with Reid & Cloke. The lack of a predictable forward line structure in Buckley's reign has been visible.

You look at Hawthorn. Regardless of who is playing, they employ the same forward structure. Roughead the KPF, Gunston the leading type FF and then a ruck. When these players are out, they are replaced by 'likes' in Sicily that fill the same structure.

The constant changing of the structure is a sign of a tactically average coach.

We don't have Roughead and Gunston in our fwd line.

If Witts and White performed to a high level every week there wouldn't be a need to drop them and try something different in the fwd line.

I dont know how people can deny the hatred and loathing felt by the coaching staff towards buckley, when we find out a couple of weeks ago that Davoren is going and now Tapping is going. The fact that they havent gone yet is just a minor point. We have star players leaving too. At this rate, the only two left by the end of Summer will be Eddie and Buckley..... I think we should be panicking

Oh no, not Davoran! If that master of fitness and injury recovery leaves we may as well forfeit every game next year.

No one can question Ed's love for the Club, just the fact he's capable of making a hard call on someone he adored, groomed for the position and envisaged as a successful coach of the Maggies for yonks.
He'll make the call, especially if it's finals or bust in 2016. We're making the 'finals or bust' call in here but who knows what the club is really thinking.
some who follow Liverpool in the EPL will start to compare Buckley to Brendan Rodgers. Average results but the message is the same "we're on the right track". Rodgers has also moved on and lost some good players due to cash and lack of opportunity. What he has brought in has not been successful. He's fairly close to the owners, they've been on the same page for a while but they will make the call soon. Ed will do the same.
In before 'it's a different dynamic' but when it comes to the bottom line, the result will be the same.

Oh look, another fair maiden...
PS: Do ya think that Maxwell was maybe looking to advantage his former club by pumping up Freeman's value? Hmmmm?

I guess the look of disappointment on Goldsacks face when asked about Freeman requesting a a trade was merely a ploy to up his value too..........................

I think you should panic. Change clubs while you still can .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you should panic. Change clubs while you still can .

i've been through many crisis situations with the Pies over the years and have panicked in most of them. I've never given up on them. Even though I've given up on coaches and players and various presidents. I've kicked many of them when the club has been down and when they get sacked, I see it as vindication for my kicking. Of course, when they get through the hard times, it's usually because my kicking has hardened them up..... it's a win-win scenario....

All I keep seeing is your pathetic groundhog day posts saying the same thing over and over again every day for years on end #yawn #boring #supporthawthorn #cantyouthinkofanythingelsetopostbutbucksbucksbucksandmorebucksfault
His Groundhog Day posting about Groundhog Day?

i've been through many crisis situations with the Pies over the years and have panicked in most of them. I've never given up on them. Even though I've given up on coaches and players and various presidents. I've kicked many of them when the club has been down and when they get sacked, I see it as vindication for my kicking. Of course, when they get through the hard times, it's usually because my kicking has hardened them up..... it's a win-win scenario....

I want them to give Bucks a contract extension now just so I can see this board go into meltdown.:p
Amen
Some people here need their liver being in meltdown
Just for their irrational gross disloyalty (and their pedalling of every negative back to the coach)

When the success comes, we will remember who they are

I have some belief that he'll put the club first, if called upon to do so. Hopefully things go peachy in 2016 and Ed won't have to do a damned thing except give him a bigger contract. Soon find out.
Ed will put theClub first and support Nathan B, our next premiership coach

Amen
Some people here need their liver being in meltdown
Just for their irrational gross disloyalty (and their pedalling of every negative back to the coach)

When the success comes, we will remember who they are
Imagine the fun we will have.
I will be looking to PM you for tips during spring carnival as I have been out touch for a long time.

Ouch that hurt Jmac, then again what can one expect from a bogan :)
Lol calling some one a bogan when you have hulk hogan as your avatar ;)
When you could have Ric Flair

image.jpg

Imagine the fun we will have.
I will be looking to PM you for tips during spring carnival as I have been out touch for a long time.
Love your avatar by the way - very clever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back