Mega Thread The 2015 Buckley coaching megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you reappoint Buckley? If you give him an extension and he does get sacked, his contract payout gets counted in football department cap when you have to appoint and pay a new coach.

That affects your ability to pay other coaches without paying more to the football department tax.

You have to be more frugal these days unless you want to hand over members money to the AFL for the sake of sticking it up a few supporters.

Why would you reappoint Buckley? If you give him an extension and he does get sacked, his contract payout gets counted in football department cap when you have to appoint and pay a new coach.

That affects your ability to pay other coaches without paying more to the football department tax.

You have to be more frugal these days unless you want to hand over members money to the AFL for the sake of sticking it up a few supporters.
So who do you barrack for Mick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

image.jpg
I thought it was Hollywood Hogan? :rolleyes:

Said your prayers and had your vitamins tonight?

Hollywood Hogan indeed, new CHF?

Ric Flair new midfield

Was mentioned on 7 Game Day that Craig McRae had an interview with Carlton and will more than likely move according to Mark Stevens on 7 Game Day.

Is also a suggestion of that on Carlton board in their rumour thread. Will quote the post.

The Bighouse said:
Collingwood head of development Craig McRae has been spoken to in regards to a similar role at Carlton#bluemour

I hope we really set up well around BB; Barker, Capuano are the only ones sticking around aren't they? No word on Webster yet.

McRae, Craig, anyone else been mentioned on the new look panel?
Will he drag anyone from the Hawks or will that be in bad taste for his relationships there? I don't think Simpson (went old North mates), Cameron or Beveridge raided from the Hawks at their new clubs.

Assistant coaches come and go.
Personally id love them with Nathans agreement to bring in brendon sanderson, gets on well with nathan, renowned tactician. Just a personal opinion.

Nathan is a very savvy media performer and he is great to listen to.

But his comments last night about Freeman were very poor and won't help the currency of Freeman's trade value.

It didn't help the club and it was a lack of composure by Nathan.

Assistant coaches come and go.
Personally id love them with Nathans agreement to bring in brendon sanderson, gets on well with nathan, renowned tactician. Just a personal opinion.
I also think that it isn't a bad idea to refresh occasionally.

Nathan is a very savvy media performer and he is great to listen to.

But his comments last night about Freeman were very poor and won't help the currency of Freeman's trade value.

It didn't help the club and it was a lack of composure by Nathan.

i missed it what did he say

2 games vs the Blues; Cmon this is easy, 2 wins, closing the gap to just one win the difference in our history.

Hey mattys123 , I've copied this quote out of another thread ...

... IMHO the Carlton games will be Buckley's moments of truth in 2016. If a Clarkson protégé is able to take a wooden spoon team past us then my jury will be in on Buckley.

But like you, I really hope we smash them out of the park. We'd better! :mad:

Hey mattys123 , I've copied this quote out of another thread ...

... IMHO the Carlton games will be Buckley's moments of truth in 2016. If a Clarkson protégé is able to take a wooden spoon team past us then my jury will be in on Buckley.

But like you, I really hope we smash them out of the park. We'd better! :mad:
You mean past us on the ladder or past us in terms of head to head in that year?
If the latter, I'm scratching my head.

You mean past us on the ladder or past us in terms of head to head in that year?
If the latter, I'm scratching my head.

Both / Either now you come to mention it.

If Bolton is able to take that rabble of a club past us in 2016 in any way ...

... Then we've got the wrong coach at the helm. It's as simple as that.

But I'm not expecting any of that to happen.

Both / Either now you come to mention it.

If Bolton is able to take that rabble of a club past us in 2016 in any way ...

... Then we've got the wrong coach at the helm. It's as simple as that.

But I'm not expecting any of that to happen.

So u basing the success of our coach on what carlton achieves? Fk me, no wonder we underachieve as a club, we worry about everyone else and not on what we hav to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back