Unofficial Preview The "2015 positives" thread for Fair & Balanced posters ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

My positives are significantly based on the belief (read hope) that we finally get a good run with injuries and I am buoyed by the fact that the club did actually have an investigation into their related practices and training methods to try and deal with that. The way I see it, when you look at our ins and outs for next year, factoring in those who didn't get much of a run at it this year, I would have to say that our ins are far, far greater than our outs. Add to that the experience picked up by some of our gun kids and I have great confidence that we are a big chance to play finals in 2015. I have totally discounted our late 2014 performances as bearing any resemblance or being any indication of where our list is at and so I am not discounting anything in regard to where we might finish.

Is that positive enough for you? :)

Im excited, and i think it's a positive that peoples' expectations are more realistic.

With the massive transition the team has been forced to undergo through long term injuries and loss of key players I'm looking forward to the opportunities that 'continuity and cohesiveness' will bring.

My hope is that we will have a fairly stable team and be able to build up that rhythm and teamwork, trust and instinct, of a core group of players.

And to see the young guys 'break through' and play with flair and confidence and belief

Great post MG

I would like to see more of the following at our club in 2015:
stability
happiness
hunger to win
teamwork

We have had a very rough three years. It cant go on forever.

Great post MG

I would like to see more of the following at our club in 2015:
stability
happiness
hunger to win
teamwork

We have had a very rough three years. It cant go on forever.
And I'm looking forward to going to a game with you:)

There are definitely things to look forward to. Most if not all of these have probably been covered, but:
Adams, Broomhead, Freeman, Kennedy, hopefully Marsh and Karnezis getting games
Josh Thomas,Seedsman and/or Fasoli putting together a more consistent season, Greenwood carrying over his 2013 form.
Grundy has the second year blues behind him and Witts has plenty of scope to improve
Our young backmen will have another preseason under their belts
If Reid can string games together, both Cloke and White will benefit.
Not all of that will come together, but the possibility and the new draftees are grounds for some optimism.
I also hope to Christ our disposal efficiency improves, that would be great

I think there is a lot to look forward to next year.

The biggest thing for me is Witts.The last few games he started to clunk a few marks and kick a few goals i think he will take the biggest step forward of anyone for us.

I'm also hoping for a clean run with injuries.We might not be up with the hawks Power Swans but with a full list to pick from don't tell me we can't compete and beat North Bombers Dockers Tigers Cats crows Suns. It's going to be a long summer waiting for the first game if we just think the sky is falling so Im choosing to believe its not.I see enough there to say we have a bright future ahead.

how about a bit of Deja Vu.. lets look back at 2002/03 we played in back to back GF. we declined in 2004 / 05 we were decimated by injury and some people were calling for MM head. come the draft we had two top 10 picks and got a Thomas and Pendles.
the Year is now 2010/11 we played in back to back GF. we declined in 2013/14 we were decimated by injury some people are calling for NB head. once again we have two top 10 picks which we have picked up Moore and another, couple this with two Top 10 picks from last year who are yet to play. and the likes off improvement in Elliott / Grundy / Witts/ Adams / Langdon / Karnezis and co. there is no reason why we shouldn't have any reason to look fwd to 2015

If you read the responses on this thread you'll see that that is not what is happening at all. We're pick positives and/or hopes and are posting them. If you don't have any then there are other threads to have a pity party on, and 17 other teams you could support instead ;)

I've also got high hopes for JT. He disappointed this year and had been discussed as trade bait... But he is the closest future replacement of Swanny we have. He currently shows the same inconsistencies that Swanny did before he got good.
If this kid can be consistently racking up 25-30 touches and kicking a goal or two, he'll be easily best 22 by year's end.
Imagine if he can perform like he did in the GWS game on a consistent basis!
lol, ill never support another side mate - relax

We are crying out for a defensive side to our midfield and we get that in Greenwood. We are crying out for speed ANYWHERE on the ground and we get that in Varcoe. We are crying out for a more bogan element to our team and we get that in Crisp. DING DING DING DING WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I posted this elsewhere but thought it also deserved to be in the positive post section. The boy wanted to come so lets give him a chance.

crisp
Stemming from its Greco-Roman origin "cri", which means "absolute greatness", it is used to describe anything that would be considered cool, awesome, hot or really f?cking legit.

eg.
"This morning she was walking around naked because she couldn't find her thong...it was so crisp."

It can also be used to show acceptance.
Nick: "Alright, everyone's meeting at Pritch and then we're all going out and getting whiskey bent."
Brent: "Crisp."

Reid Brown Scharenburg (ok maybe not him but down the track at least) Freeman Fasolo Sinclair Seedsman Toovey Adams Elliot Marsh Oxley Gault Karnesiz to all have better runs with injury
Moore
Pick 5
Greenwood to make immediate impace in the contests and free up Sidey and Pendles
Witts and Grundy
Varcoe to be handy
Langdon Broomhead Thomas and Kennedy to continue to kick on
Williams to enter the season in a clearer frame of mind

I'm very intrigued.

You know how you hear a name or see a young player from another team and they "explode onto the scene"? Well I hope that happens with a lot of our younger players this year.

I'm intrigued with our potential best 22. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

And wow, Swan will be our oldest player?

I'm very intrigued.

You know how you hear a name or see a young player from another team and they "explode onto the scene"? Well I hope that happens with a lot of our younger players this year.

I'm intrigued with our potential best 22. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

And wow, Swan will be our oldest player?
Backs: Sinclair, Reid, Toovey
HB: Langdon, Brown, Frost
C: Varcoe, Swan, Seedsman
HF: Elliott, Moore, White
Fwd: Broomhead, Cloke, Kennedy
Ruck: Grundy/witts, Adams, Pendles
Bench: Greenwood, Pick #5, Freeman, Goldsack

Backs: Sinclair, Reid, Toovey
HB: Langdon, Brown, Frost
C: Varcoe, Swan, Seedsman
HF: Elliott, Moore, White
Fwd: Broomhead, Cloke, Kennedy
Ruck: Grundy/witts, Adams, Pendles
Bench: Greenwood, Pick #5, Freeman, Goldsack

I can see Darcy getting games but a little hard to expect him to hold down CHF.

I'm looking forward to continued development in Grundy/Witts. Our midfield now has three tough nuts (JT, Adams, Greenwood) and I actually think this will improve us in the middle this season. Kennedy/Broomhead into the side from round 1 and only out of it if they get injured. Reid/Brown actually getting onto the park for full seasons would be really nice aswell.

We'll get to see what Crisp offers and I expect he'll get his chance... alot with Nathan Freeman. Freeman will add some much needed speed IF he gets fit.

Frost/Keeffe/Langdon were all pretty impressive last season and will all get chances in 2015.

However, heading back to my first point and I'm mostly looking forward to Jarrod Witts entering the top bracket of ruckman this season. I was so impressed with him last year and believe now he'll take the next step this year... all the ******* haters will be left with egg on their face.

1404120868355.jpg-300x0.jpg

A dominant force in the ruck for ten years starting in 2015.

Crisp and Varcoe are very carefully selected players. Both have excellent run and carry and complemented with the likes of new recruits in Freeman and Greenwood, we'd hope to have a chunk of weaknesses sorted out in contested footy and ball movement from the back line.

I can see Darcy getting games but a little hard to expect him to hold down CHF.

I'm looking forward to continued development in Grundy/Witts. Our midfield now has three tough nuts (JT, Adams, Greenwood) and I actually think this will improve us in the middle this season. Kennedy/Broomhead into the side from round 1 and only out of it if they get injured. Reid/Brown actually getting onto the park for full seasons would be really nice aswell.

We'll get to see what Crisp offers and I expect he'll get his chance... alot with Nathan Freeman. Freeman will add some much needed speed IF he gets fit.

Frost/Keeffe/Langdon were all pretty impressive last season and will all get chances in 2015.

However, heading back to my first point and I'm mostly looking forward to Jarrod Witts entering the top bracket of ruckman this season. I was so impressed with him last year and believe now he'll take the next step this year... all the ******* haters will be left with egg on their face.

1404120868355.jpg-300x0.jpg

A dominant force in the ruck for ten years starting in 2015.

I don't think the haters realise how incredible it is to have a 22 year old holding down your 1st ruck spot. Yes, he is far from superstardom, but the experience he is gaining is invaluable! By 26 years of age this guy will have p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back