The 2015 SANFL Crows thread.

There's one interesting name in that list.
Seriously talented kid, fell off the rails, in with the wrong crowd.

Playing against him a bit and over the last year or so, it felt like things may have turned a little. so will be interesting to see how he goes.
I don't know how to say this well, but for someone that came with such a 'reputation', his he came across as a good bloke when speaking to him one on one off the field. So hopefully this opportunity is a positive one for him. (From what I can tell before it went wrong he was a potential AFL smokey)

Dec 18, 2007
Arcadia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks

Playing against him a bit and over the last year or so, it felt like things may have turned a little. so will be interesting to see how he goes.
I don't know how to say this well, but for someone that came with such a 'reputation', his he came across as a good bloke when speaking to him one on one off the field. So hopefully this opportunity is a positive one for him. (From what I can tell before it went wrong he was a potential AFL smokey)

Cheers, sounds interesting, his name?

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America

Dylan Ribbons?

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2010-09-30/dylan-ribbons

http://www.murrayvalleystandard.com.au/story/1130829/mannum-means-business-under-milsom/

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
You probably should not have said anything, nor set your location as Barossa Valley.

You a Nuri or Tananda local :D

Nice try but no, not for a long time.

I had originally mentioned it to show the positive opportunities the afl reserves sides can offer. The guy in question has copped a lot on other forums. I guess in hindsight maybe you're. Right and I should have said nothing.

Pdub

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2014
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Adelaide
46% of the top-up players' last names start with S or W.

11% are cousins of AFL players.

Matthew Johncock cousin of Graham,
Kynan Betts cousin of Eddie and
Dylan Schoenmakers cousin of Ryan.

This ends another edition of 'Shitty stats with Pdub'.

Last edited:

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Sounds like we played alright. I think more is being asked of the top ups this year in terms of training which can only be a good thing for both parties.

I think we will see a lot more consistency from them this year and hopefully push for the 5. As a side note I wonder if Woosha sat with them too ??

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Guy at work reckons Schoenmakers goes alright, kicked 70 goals last year and was playing both Under-18 and A grade in the SAAFL. Said Norwood were keen to get him down there, but he wasn't that interested in it. Sounds like he's got some talent, but is happy just to play on the weekends.

Looks like a good showing vs Port.

Cameron 20 touches. Must have played through the middle.

Crouch with 14 in a half.

Anyone with a proper match report?

Most of the game the ball was on the wing and both teams really flooded around the ball, It was a rugby style game.

From what I saw, Cameron did play in the middle and was terrific, Wilson also played off half back, both provided a lot of pace when the crows were switching and spreading.

Crouch most of the time when he got the ball went looking for clearances and just slammed it on the boot without looking at who's forward and turned the ball over a fair bit.

J-Pod was probs BOG and he played full back. Half the game as a spare man and half the game on Harvey. He looked like grown man playing against a bunch of kids, He is too good for SANFL.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Just a question (and probably a dumb one)

What are the rules regarding sponsors on the SANFL jumper? Looked like it was missing the Toyota logo in some photos.
Who knows. We had Toyota and Bendigo Bank last year, but dunno why there's no Toyota this year. Someone guessed it may have been they chucked the Toyota logo on for free last year and will be looking for a new one for this season.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Very very good mates with Nutta, been on the gas with them a few times and whilst he may be an ass on field he is a gem off it. Not to mention a very hard, smart footballer
Grew to like him a lot last year when he helped build something for charity through Triple M with his brother (was on Roo and Ditts a bit, can't remember the project though). Seems like a ripping bloke.

Back