The 2015 SANFL Crows thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair effort from the guys who were at the game today. Saw Danger, Dougie, Charlie and Lynch there. Meant they caught a 6am flight from Brisbane this morning.

Danger got bailed up for a lot of photos, felt sorry for the guy at the end of the game when all he wanted to do was to see the team.

He really does not look like a guy who is not liking his environment and our club. At the three quarter time huddle he was playing with Phil Harper's son. Just looks like he wants to be around the club. Like any other bloke who wants to watch a team from his club play (and be involved) when he could be at home doing something else.

Last week he was having a good chat and a laugh with Campo at both the quarter and three quarter time breaks vs. Woodville-West Torrens... ya know, the guy that he apparently had this big rift with only a couple of days earlier on Thursday night vs. the Hawks:rolleyes:.

His body language is certainly good. If he does go, it won't be because of a lack of love for the club.

Hard to tell at the oval who were the stands outs exactly. Probably better to gauge on telly.

Lyons a clearance gun. Kicking has improved imo. Dead slow though.

Obrien won a lot of taps to advantage from what I saw. Gets around as well and loves a tackle. Presents well. Looks like an excellent prospect! Could play AFL if needed imo.

Atkins looks fantastic with ball in hand. Should get a shot this year if we're serious about upping our kicking skills.

Lever had two terrible turn overs in d50. Was good apart from that but I really don't want to see that in our side anymore.

Hendo looked arrogant. Was decent but still doesn't go hard enough at times.

Overall the crows played much better football all day and the skills weren't bad.

Yes. Got the feeling he is a bit of a FIGJAM and does not think he belongs at SANFL level.

I would play Aitkins next week with Rory out. Lyons got a lot of the ball, but with Thommo, CEY and M Crouch in the side we have enough pure inside players. Aitkins adds something these guys dont have.

Tend to feel that when ROB was upgraded, Jenkins was about to be dropped for him. JJ gets injured, but returns a better player. ROB should play a couple of games this year though.

Osbourne V Pods. If Tex is injured I wonder who would get in ahead of him. Saw close up today the strength Pods has in one on ones. This is his real strength. Then you see Osbourne with his quick first few steps and is just as strong. Could see Osbourne picked ahead of him.

Felt today our seconds team was far better coached and organised than the Magpies. We had similar amounts of AFL listed players on each side, yet it really looked like we were playing a team that was a level (or two) below us. They are so light bodied and easily brushed aside, and one dimensional in the way they move the ball. We were far more organised and were able to keep a structure in place. These to me are the key things from this team, developing AFL bodies and learning a gameplan that is well structured and organised. Tick both boxes for us.

Last week he was having a good chat and a laugh with Campo at both the quarter and three quarter time breaks vs. Woodville-West Torrens... ya know, the guy that he apparently had this big rift with only a couple of days earlier on Thursday night vs. the Hawks:rolleyes:.

His body language is certainly good. If he does go, it won't be because of a lack of love for the club.

If he goes he should quit Footy and become an actor.

It's a lot more enjoyable watching the reserves play at the moment.
Lots of positives out of the game.
Feels like our depth is getting stronger and that we have the players to bring in now, for improvements to be made to the senior side.
It's exciting watching the young guys develop and getting better.
Hopefully we see a few changes next week with some guys putting their hands up today.

Shaw is worth bringing into the side this year. He was very good in 2012 and has been injured alot of the time after.
I want to see how he can play this year some time, if he doesnt injure himself again.
ROB is showing serious potential at such a young age. Would like to see him upgraded next year or we could lose him.
God knows how the SANFL side is going to play when we have everyone healthy.
Dear, Lowden, Osbourne and ROB. And people ask if you can play 2 rucks in one team lol.
Crouchy should just forget 2015. Its over for him. Hopefully this isnt something that will be with him for his career, or it might be a short one.

Shout out to the c##ts who put teal toothpaste all over my car as well!

Well your average Port Magpies supporter would have little personal use for toothpaste, the lucky ones have dentures courtesy of Centrelink, the rest are toothless by choice...

Danger doesn't seem to miss many of the matches. When you think about his also turning up at his old country footy side's game, He must seriously enjoy watching footy.
Are him and Mardi on the rocks?

You do realise the kid was always regarded to have bags of talent, it was just his mindset that turned recruiters off. But yeah go ahead, write him off completely at the ripe old age of 21, after he's been making solid progress and good inroads, because of how many SANFL VOTES he's been awarded or cos he hasn't won a game playing from the midfield....

And I have no clue? You do realise how ridiculous that sounds right?

The kid is doing all the right things and looks like he's taken another big step forward this season. Has been great in the SANFL this year and will have more than earnt his place in the side if Walsh decides to pull the trigger.

I'm not sure what more you could expect a youngster could do at reserve level, but then again, we are know your mindset with things regarding the club...
He slipped to pick 81 in the draft. He hasnt never been BOG, nor even grabbed a vote for the Magarey in his entire time at the club. He is 21 this year and players with bags of talent as you say will normally dominate a game in the SANFL by this time. So knowing he has just been servicable as a SANFL player you think he is suddenly going to hit the jets in a game thats faster, more skillful, more pressure and where he is going to have less time to play.
Oh please.

Goodbye Jenkins (finally), hello Lowden.

I can dream

Jenkins last month has been quite good, has been our best forward in at least two of the weeks. Walker on the other hand has been shocking, if it wasn't our much loved bogan Aussie we would all be calling for his head,. I hate the bias that exist on this board. Some players get a free ride and others always get maligned even when in general their form is okay

He's never had any pace

I know, however some here think he is an answer to our lack of foot speed.

but a tortoise is faster than a snail

Just goes to show how slow our team is - if the Club doesn't trade/draft some quick players (who can kick & have a footy brain) at the end of this season as our main priority, then we're going nowhere fast :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just goes to show how slow our team is - if the Club doesn't trade/draft some quick players (who can kick & have a footy brain) at the end of this season as our main priority, then we're going nowhere fast :)

Wrong account?

Considering they were talking about Atkins.

You guys have Polec and White, so your not slow. Also, the best players in the AFL are not the quickest. Selwood, Crips, Sloane, Boak, Fyfe, Ablett, Rockcliff, Cotchin, Ward etc etc, are all slower than the quickest players.

I thought that at first but then thought maybe he was saying that if we were slow and we beat Port today, then what does that make them.

Possible but still believe some people have multiple accounts to troll.

There's a difference between 'foot speed' and speed of ball movement.

It's a bs excuse used when trying to defend a slow team.

Anyone with any footy nous can see the advantages that real foot speed brings (it's a given that the bloke can also play football).
We're talking about 18 players on the ground - a team can cover for several slow players but not for nearly the whole lot)

Yeah he had a little burst after I said that! Still think Atkins played the better of the two in the end.

The Rat did play well but does nowhere near the defensive work that Knight does. I'm not sure of particular roles, but watching today, Rat didn't seem work back as much.

Right so after some careful thought and some sweet victory bourbon from my soon to be father in law who is a mad PAPer here we go.

That is the best team effort I've seen since we entered the comp. No one player really stood head and shoulders above the rest. Even after going a player down, which wasn't really mentioned in commentary, we dominated.

Pods is an SANFL player. A damn good one but thats it. No need to play him in the seniors.

Lyons can't do much more. Wins clearances at will and gets in good spots forward of the ball BUT..... like our entire midfield group he seriously lacks defensive workrate. Not just him, the majority of them.

Martin was Martin. Some very very good but let down by poor finishing. He could come in at some stage if really needed.

Lever got better and better after a woeful start. Id be tempted to give him another week but wouldn't be unhappy should he play Geelong.

Knight works his backside off and has a good nous for goal. He cant be far away.

Atkins must work a bit harder but boy oh boy does he have tricks. Love seeing him kick the ball.

Siggins was the pick of our defence IMO. Was playing on spuds but he just looked to have some strength and composure about him.

Shaw got better as the game went on.

Lowden !!!!! Kicks like a ruckman, moves like one but he will get better if his body allows it.

Ossie is our most improved IMO. Actually looks half like a footballer now.

ROB had one of his down days ruck wise but still found a way to impact the game. Good signs.

Shaw again got better and better. Got through the game which is great.

Ramsey looks like an 18yo running outta gas IMO. Wilson too, he has extreme pace but unlikely to make it I think.

Finally Hendo. Too good for SANFL and although he sqiubbed one contest he should come in next week.

All in all a great win by the boys as I said and lots of guys putting their hands up for a call to the seniors. Sorry for the long post !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back