The 2015 SANFL Crows thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not blaming the AFL franchises, they are trying to serve themselves, not always a good thing but I understand that. Yes, most of the SANFL clubs voted for this, what choice they had I'm not entirely sure, however they, along with the commission need to be held accountable, however everyone concerned needs to be careful how their own needs will affect the bigger picture.

My point was directed towards the attitudes of some posters on here that seem to have a total disregard for the clubs, the comp and the supporters that are passionate about their clubs they've supported and continue to support for many decades. It's like a mirror of the attitudes on the Port board.

I don't care if reserves supporters go to games or not but if they're going to take such an arrogant attitude then expect backlash.

Most SANFL supporters don't really care if AFL supporters think the SANFL is valid or not, nearly all bar the mentally incapacitated have a very good acceptance of where the comp lies on the footy landscape however they also have a right to be proud of the comp, the integrity and its proud history. If people choose not to buy into that then fine, nobody really gives a crap but it doesn't mean that they have the right to trash it either.

Footy is at a crossroads in SA and for that matter in WA, if we're all not careful our comp and it's history will all be lost, some will say it's already lost, some will say good riddance. I think we'll all be worse off if it is. Personally I don't think it's lost but big changes need to happen by those in power and supporters from all sides. The choice is whether we choose to be part of the problem or part of the solution.

Well done Einstein, I don't think anyone is arguing that it's a second grade comp. or not. But great for you to add something of worth to the discussion.
Irrelevant? That's your opinion, however there's many that see its relevance every week.

Sorry to burst your balloon but the sanfl is a feeder comp.

Did you see how the players jumped the border quicker than you could say peptides to play in the nab cup with only the very slightest chance of making a list.

The sanfl clubs voted for the current setup, as usual they couldn't resist the money. They cant whore themselves out then complain when they are rooted

Right, so this is the Port board?
Okay, let's all keep the same moronic mentality towards the different levels of footy in this state, disrespect each other and send everything straight down the $hithole.
Fantastic attitudes.
;)

I'm all for a healthy local competition. Unfortunately, I no longer have an emotional stake in who wins and loses, not since the team i Loved Woodville was forced to merge with the team I hated more than anyone, West Torrens.

Any competition of a sport within a country, which does not pay the highest amounts in that country, is a feeder league.

Hang on, what are we arguing about?

Well my team was forced to merge to survive, not that the original club was too worried about grass roots support with no visit of players to either my primary school or high school.
Going to a home game without a club scarf or polo gives you a sour game day experience. Once the bitter old ladies have gone things will either improve or the club will have no members.
Been to games at Norwood and West Adelaide with no colours and been made more welcome, even games at Alberton in Crows colours you get more respect than my SANFL team gives me.
I guess my team wonders why when I get in for free and live within walking distance that I no longer go there...

s**t timing for the SANFL team to have a bye with so many blokes either coming back from injury or needing another run in the legs.

Should have played the SANFL showdown this weekend instead.

Well my team was forced to merge to survive, not that the original club was too worried about grass roots support with no visit of players to either my primary school or high school.
Going to a home game without a club scarf or polo gives you a sour game day experience. Once the bitter old ladies have gone things will either improve or the club will have no members.
Been to games at Norwood and West Adelaide with no colours and been made more welcome, even games at Alberton in Crows colours you get more respect than my SANFL team gives me.
I guess my team wonders why when I get in for free and live within walking distance that I no longer go there...

Woodville or West Torrens?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anything to read into current SANFL ladder, bottom 4 sides are currently a combined record of 2-20-3 with a percentage of 41.51% or 70.97% in AFL terms.

Lack of depth in SANFL?

Too many players who should be playing SANFL are playing as ringers in the local leagues, where they not only earn more money but are only required to train once a week at most.

So the sanfl is a feeder comp for the afl and the local leagues.
Theres plenty of blokes playing local footy who should still be in the SANFL but who would pass up the coin on offer.

And on the other side, theres plenty of fringe league players who get offered stupid amounts and take it because they dont have to fight for a league game.

The SANFL is far weaker because of it.

Anyone from todays game, besdies
Sorry to burst your balloon but the sanfl is a feeder comp.

Did you see how the players jumped the border quicker than you could say peptides to play in the nab cup with only the very slightest chance of making a list.

The sanfl clubs voted for the current setup, as usual they couldn't resist the money. They cant whore themselves out then complain when they are rooted

Hasn't the SANFL for the last 30 years been a feeder comp for the AFL/VFL.

What's the problem with the crows and port playing in the sanfl but not for points, but the team they play is playing for points? Doesn't affect the comp and port and crows get good opposition?
This is an option Froggy however if they play for points and can win the minor premiership they can still strive for something as a team. Make more of the minor prem like the A-League and then let the stand alone teams play their traditional finals.
It's a win win. It's something I've thought for a while now and for me it's a no brainer.
It's solutions like these that will benefit everyone.
Port won't like it but they have to look at it from the other clubs perspective. If they really want to play finals they can enter a stand alone team that plays under the SANFL salary cap.

Nobody cares about the results of team performances of the Minor League teams in Baseball - just like nobody really cares about the SANFL results.

The SANFL is an inferior competition. Its time to realise it isn't important anymore.
Shakes Head .....:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back