Opinion The 8 - still tough to reach

Remove this Banner Ad

Just posted this in another thread. Bizarrely I think 11 wins and good % will do it

Essendon should defeat GC next week and knock them out
A depleted Collingwood would need to win their next 2 games incl hawks next round
Richmond would have to beat Sydney in Sydney to get a finals birth

yep we are no chance against the swans, just going up there to be cannon fodder really...:rolleyes:
Where in my post did I make any observation about your side - and where have I said anything other than we will be equal with WCE if we lose to North and beat the Saints.

Edit - actually now I think about it - and seeing as you raised it - then yeah I think that's right, you're no chance v the Swans in Sydney. Especially as a top 2 spot won't be decided by then.

Last edited:
Finish 8th with 1 win and solid percentage +

Swans def Rich in Syd
Hawks def what's left of the Pies
Essendon def Gold Coast
Our percentage is higher than West Coast if they def GC and Melb

Where in my post did I make any observation about your side - and where have I said anything other than we will be equal with WCE if we lose to North and beat the Saints.

Edit - actually now I think about it - and seeing as you raised it - then yeah I think that's right, you're no chance v the Swans in Sydney. Especially as a top 2 spot won't be decided by then.
we'll just see, we were no chance against port, eagles, essendon and you blokes. Love the underdog tag each week. Lot of character in this tigers team these days.

we'll just see, we were no chance against port, eagles, essendon and you blokes. Love the underdog tag each week. Lot of character in this tigers team these days.
What rubbish - last night everyone knew was50/50 - Personally I tipped Richmond. Sorry you are no longer under the radar.

But if that helps you sleep then go for it.

Lets be honest though Syd in Syd is a whole different proposition. And you know it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What rubbish - last night everyone knew was50/50 - Personally I tipped Richmond. Sorry you are no longer under the radar.

But if that helps you sleep then go for it.

Lets be honest though Syd in Syd is a whole different proposition. And you know it
of course sydney are a harder proposition however look at our recent record against the swans, we nearly beat them early this year when we were playing rubbish. We are playing better and better each week. Tough game? definitely. Impossible? No way. Its at anz as well which suits us much better than the scg.

At the end of the day i think its foolish saying a team who has won 8 in a row(subject to beating saints next week) are no chance against a team who may have top spot sewn up by then.

Make the finals or not I'm enjoying the ride.

That's nice dear

You'll lose to the swans, Sydney will be the best side you've come up in recent times. Winning 7 in a row is no mean feat, but Sydney are a class above

Still think we'll scrape 8th and play Port in the first week of finals. A dream for the AFL with AO and all

Richmond to finish 9th..... again

of course sydney are a harder proposition however look at our recent record against the swans, we nearly beat them early this year when we were playing rubbish. We are playing better and better each week. Tough game? definitely. Impossible? No way. Its at anz as well which suits us much better than the scg.

At the end of the day i think its foolish saying a team who has won 8 in a row(subject to beating saints next week) are no chance against a team who may have top spot sewn up by then.

And at the end of the day thats what it's all about :)

Sydney weren't exactly flying earlier in the year too, they lost to GWS FFS!

I think we need to beat both North Melbourne and St Kilda to make it a certainly, otherwise I think 8th spot will go to the West coast. They have the Dees and Gold Coast in round 22 and 23.

I can not see Collingwood beating Hawthorn and Richmond beating the Swans in round 23. Count them out.
I can not see us beating North Melbourne in Tasmania next week but we should beat St Kilda in round 23. We are a chance but West Coast have 8th spot to lose at the moment.

Finish 8th with 1 win and solid percentage +

Swans def Rich in Syd
Hawks def what's left of the Pies
Essendon def Gold Coast
Our percentage is higher than West Coast if they def GC and Melb
Try the ladder predictor on the AFL website. Assuming we drop the North Melb game, I have Eagles and crows on same wins, but Eagles finishing with a higher percentage than us.:(

Try the ladder predictor on the AFL website. Assuming we drop the North Melb game, I have Eagles and crows on same wins, but Eagles finishing with a higher percentage than us.:(
I know, means we have to smash the saints! I think we could, if Lenny retires at the MCG next week... we should beat North, according to our form ladder we are due for a win... if North win today they might drop off a tad as it pretty much guarantees finals for them

I doubt either of West Coasts games will be a massive blowout.

Get Tex to give Vince a call and tell him to kick West Coast's bird ass and get the Crows over the line ;)

I have us playing in the finals on percentage regardless of what happens VS North.

Elimination final with Port all but guaranteed in my eyes unless Port beat Freo in the last round.

I have us playing in the finals on percentage regardless of what happens VS North.

Elimination final with Port all but guaranteed in my eyes unless Port beat Freo in the last round.
I gave us a 12 point loss to North and a 60 point win over Saints as a test..
West Coast a 60 point win over Melbourne and West Coast just a 12 point win over Gold coast..

This gave me West Coast in 8th spot and Adelaide in 9th, same number of wins but West Coast 2 percent ahead..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back