Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

ABC sucks without skull but they are still way ahead of c9. Hope ABC can somehow get Ganguly for a bit in the upcoming Tests.

I have really grown to love Chappellis ramblings.

i agree. i like chappellis stories. just listened to him on 3aw with timmy lane, blowfield, matthews and i think john embury

if not appropriate please let me know and if there's enough support, a thread on the summer of cricket on the radio (ABC, 3AW fairfax) shall be created.

as mentioned here and on another thread trent copeland has got himself a gig on the abc. curious to hear more of him, particularly given that cricketers arent heard as much on radio as footy players. been quite good really. something new to the table is brought that is refreshing as a cool change in january.

this comment about pat cummins debut did bring me lols today: "made smith and kallis look like they weren't even there"

:confused:

I reckon Copeland goes ok. I like hearing the insights of guys who are coming from the perspective of an experienced domestic career (think Ed Cowan, Bryce McGain, Brett Geeves). They have plenty to offer in a technical sense, are a little bit less refined/CA PR rehearsed than ex champs like Hussey, McGrath, Gilchrist etc. and retain that sense of awe of the top level cricketers that the everyday fan has.

I'm starting to forget how good Warne was at bowling. Just can't get past how he's the perfect channel 9 cricket commentator. Complements Healy and Slater so well

When he actually talks about cricket though he's on a whole other level so at least we have that to be thankful for. Put him with Nicholas and Taylor and he's gold though, all about the right match up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was your pick of the birds at the cricket today? There were plenty to choose from and Tubby and Brayshaw went into much detail about them, extremely interesting and insightful, truly poetic. Who wants to watch the cricket during cricket coverage anyway? Is there a bird watching forum on bigfooty?

What was your pick of the birds at the cricket today? There were plenty to choose from and Tubby and Brayshaw went into much detail about them, extremely interesting and insightful, truly poetic. Who wants to watch the cricket during cricket coverage anyway? Is there a bird watching forum on bigfooty?

Shame Bill wasn't there with his expertise in that area.

This was his direct quote on that

'he has huge leverage and big levers'

Yes, he actually said that.
I know that he's got a Masters in Suckholery, but he's taken a little bit too much poetic licence this summer.

He also needs to be told that silence doesn't hurt, from time to time. Dead air is good. Listening to James Brayshaw is not.

I follow one guy on Twitter that searches up 'James Brayshaw' and retweets every anti-Brayshaw tweet he sees. It gets me through the day.

I am generally a fan of Brayshaw but he has become simply annoying this summer. I for one, love listening to Brett Lee talk about fast bowling and think he is a star behind the microphone but he can hardly get a word in with Brayshaw's drivel.

193549_james_brayshaw.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back