Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

He has openly said that he enjoys having the mic on whilst playing
Has he?

Maybe he was in a bad mood last night or just didn't want to give too much away ie. tactics

He has openly said that he enjoys having the mic on whilst playing

He's not going to say anything else if, as others have said, he's contractually obliged to do it. Whether KP or others like it or not is really not the issue. Does it add any value should determine whether it's used or not, IMO the answer is no.

If James Brayshaw says 'extraordinary' or 'unbelievable' one more ******* time. He says so much without saying anything at all.

"He is an extraordinary talent who is one of the best hitters of a cricket ball in the world".

Don't get me started on Brett Lee. Not a professional commentator.

If James Brayshaw says 'extraordinary' or 'unbelievable' one more ******* time. He says so much without saying anything at all.

"He is an extraordinary talent who is one of the best hitters of a cricket ball in the world".

Don't get me started on Brett Lee. Not a professional commentator.
Possibly the only man in the world still sporting blonde tips?

Today provided an example of why this is such a poor, unprofessional commentary team.

Well into the broadcast (third session I believe) they started surmising why the boundary was so far in at one end of the ground.

You would have thought that when they got there, well before the game started, it would have stood out likes dog's ****s how far in the boundary was.

And that a quick pre-play inquiry or two would have given them the reason why.

They then could have gone to air fully informed and able to tell the viewing audience why the boundary was so far in.

Instead, they look like the uninformed dills they are by having to guess live on air.

Or failing that, they could try getting their roving 'reporter' to actually do a little journalism instead of product placement segments.
Well, yes.

It wouldn't have been too hard to find out the reason why during the course of the broadcast either.

To me at least, they looked like uninformed, unresearched idiots when they were discussing the boundary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every year when I go out I remember that people in the crowd have those ear pieces with the channel 9 commentary. Who the * are these masochists?

Before switching to ABC, one of the chief reasons for heading out to the cricket is so I can watch it without those campaigners babbling at me.

Last edited:
Every year when I go out I remember that people in the crowd have those ear pieces with the channel 9 commentary. Who the **** are these masochists?

Before switching to ABC, one of the chief reasons for heading out to the cricket is so I can watch it without those campaigners babbling at me.
Last time I used one (I got it for free because of my mobile carrier giving them away) you had the choice of ch9 or ABC commentary. Not a single person I knew listened to 9

Is it just me or does anyone else think tubby has grown to become a really decent commentator
When he talks about cricket he's fine and can be informative, but gets distracted by the ADHD crew too easily

Today provided an example of why this is such a poor, unprofessional commentary team.

Well into the broadcast (third session I believe) they started surmising why the boundary was so far in at one end of the ground.

You would have thought that when they got there, well before the game started, it would have stood out likes dog's ****s how far in the boundary was.

And that a quick pre-play inquiry or two would have given them the reason why.

They then could have gone to air fully informed and able to tell the viewing audience why the boundary was so far in.

Instead, they look like the uninformed dills they are by having to guess live on air.

Sums up professional sporting commentary in Australia in a nutshell.

These dipshits are selected because of their intimate knowledge of the game ... then they go on air and proceed to display they don't actually have any.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back