Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the commentary was good today. The only one that seemed out of his depth was Brendon Julian. He either states the obvious or says something silly. The rest, I liked. Nice to see a mixture of Channel 9, Fox Sports and Sky all mixed into one ensemble. Much less drivel as a result.
At least he has stopped saying 'i recken' every second sentence

Warne is so much better when he's not commentating on an Australia match.

Always felt he was a different, more insightful, more relaxed commentator when he does work with Sky in England. Thought he was very good to listen to for the India vs Pakistan game as he's a neutral.

I agree wholeheartedly. His personal relationships with Australian players get in the way, I've never heard him criticise Michael Clarke for instance. Plus he always has to bag the opposition, he never let up on India this summer. Even having a go at Kohli for daring to sledge back when Warner was going after him.

I agree wholeheartedly. His personal relationships with Australian players get in the way, I've never heard him criticise Michael Clarke for instance. Plus he always has to bag the opposition, he never let up on India this summer. Even having a go at Kohli for daring to sledge back when Warner was going after him.

i noted friday night that when discussion was had about players of certain ilk and performance (non aust players were mentioned first), warnie had to throw clarkes name into the equation.

i noted friday night that when discussion was had about players of certain ilk and performance (non aust players were mentioned first), warnie had to throw clarkes name into the equation.
Always been his downfall. Warney as a captain, tactician and insights person is top notch, but his friendships are to to obvious and blind him which stop him from being objective.

Mike Atherton is the best. You get the feeling he really knows everyone in the business such is the way he can strike a good note with commentators from around the world. Particularly as he's usually with the Sky guys. Plus he combines a journalistic attitude along with his own cricketing career very well.

Athers is a biased nob, particualryl when it comes to Australia. No better than Heals.

You must be thinking of Aggers, he's brilliant. Shame they brought Boycott for the ABC/BBC and his persistent moaning, they should of brought Blowers if they wanted a old guy with a lovely strong accent.

Athers is a biased nob, particualryl when it comes to Australia. No better than Heals.

You must be thinking of Aggers, he's brilliant. Shame they brought Boycott for the ABC/BBC and his persistent moaning, they should of brought Blowers if they wanted a old guy with a lovely strong accent.
I like Boycott, he doesn't mince words and despite his carry on at the core of his commentary, his assessments are usually spot on. England's strategies in the last 15 overs were embarrassing as was there batting sans Taylor. Geoffrey didn't miss them.

I like Boycott, he doesn't mince words and despite his carry on at the core of his commentary, his assessments are usually spot on. England's strategies in the last 15 overs were embarrassing as was there batting sans Taylor. Geoffrey didn't miss them.

I think it's his moaning tone that gets on people's goat. I know a lot of my friends in England can't stand him. I agree though, he's definitely got things to moan about right now!

I love Boycs and he is the #1 summariser on TMS. Blowers is a commentator anyway so it wouldn't be an either/or but I prefer him to Dagnall whose voice grates on me. I take it Blowers has gone down well on Fairfax this winter?

Always been his downfall. Warney as a captain, tactician and insights person is top notch, but his friendships are to to obvious and blind him which stop him from being objective.
Yeah that "Top 50" that Warney released maybe 5 or 6 years ago was the most biased list list your likely to see in a while.

Yeah that "Top 50" that Warney released maybe 5 or 6 years ago was the most biased list list your likely to see in a while.
Warnies top 50 also his cricket manifesto. So much good stuff in both lost by many because of his personality biases towards some and against others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boycs' problem is he can be too black-and-white. Someone's either a world-beater or a complete spud. A team's either playing like champions or complete crap. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground....the idea that someone can have bad luck or a form slump or just be a "good ordinary player" doesn't seem to register.

Boycs' problem is he can be too black-and-white. Someone's either a world-beater or a complete spud. A team's either playing like champions or complete crap. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground....the idea that someone can have bad luck or a form slump or just be a "good ordinary player" doesn't seem to register.
I am growing some rhubarb, I intend to have a net with it shortly to try and give some of my players some clarity about what he's saying because none of them know what it is.

I love Boycs and he is the #1 summariser on TMS. Blowers is a commentator anyway so it wouldn't be an either/or but I prefer him to Dagnall whose voice grates on me. I take it Blowers has gone down well on Fairfax this winter?

The one thing I like about Boycott is you know one thing ... what he says is what he thinks. It's an honest opinion. No sugar coating or political comments from Boycs.

The one thing I like about Boycott is you know one thing ... what he says is what he thinks. It's an honest opinion. No sugar coating or political comments from Boycs.

He is always negative & moans ad nauseum. Dont forget that he almost destroyed test cricket with his 'exciting' playing style.

He's just a self opinionated boor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back