Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this belongs in this thread

CBQnM3xUcAAYyko.jpg
Print off 1000 copies in high quality, throw a couple of signatures on it, put it in a frame.

And, bingo! Next big seller for officialmemorabilia.com.au.

i want healy and nicholas out for kp and ian smith. Also did vettori annouce his retirement cause nicholas retired the guy

Nicholas, is like Chappelli, should spend his time on written journalism as he's a great writer but extremely annoying commentator. His insight and brain appears to desert him with a mic in front of him nose.

take. heed.

1. Develop a distinctive style.

2. Put your brain into gear before opening your mouth.

3. There are no teams in the TV world called ‘we’ or ‘they’.

4. Concentrate fiercely at all times.

5. Try to avoid allowing these past your lips: “Of course ...” “As you can see on the screen” “You know ...” “I tell you what ...”

6. Never say “That’s a tragedy or a disaster ...” — the Titanic was a tragedy, the Ethiopian drought a disaster, and neither bears any relation to a dropped catch.

7. Never ask a statement.

8. Remember the value of the pause.

9. Above all don’t take yourself too seriously, and have fun.

of the 9 ritchie rules, 9 only satisfy no.9.

Nicholas, is like Chappelli, should spend his time on written journalism as he's a great writer but extremely annoying commentator. His insight and brain appears to desert him with a mic in front of him nose.
I don't mind Nicholas commentary, except when he is led astray by the clowns. Let him do his stint by himself, or with the authority to take to "Slats" with a taser each time the latter is a dick. How long does a taser battery last anyway?

He's a good presenter in terms of the pieces to camera he does for intros and at the toss, stuff like that, but in the commentary team with the knuckleheads, he is far too easily lead down the garbage path.

I don't mind Nicholas commentary, except when he is led astray by the clowns. Let him do his stint by himself, or with the authority to take to "Slats" with a taser each time the latter is a dick. How long does a taser battery last anyway?

Not long enough, it would have to be used like the Rockingham police do on a night shift.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. I'm afraid Nine has exclusive rights to the next two Ashes series in England. That's probably the reason for Nine sending comms to UK. They will probably do their own production /scoreboard graphics etc

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2013/11/nine-secures-2015-2019-ashes.html

Yuck.

When I heard that a few of the Nine guys were heading over, I was willing to give them a chance as I thought they would have been working with the Poms on Sky. But looks as though it will be a nationalistic circlejerk complete with ads after the end of every over. Ugh.

Yuck.

When I heard that a few of the Nine guys were heading over, I was willing to give them a chance as I thought they would have been working with the Poms on Sky. But looks as though it will be a nationalistic circlejerk complete with ads after the end of every over. Ugh.

I don't give a f*^k as long as it on FTA

Ugh. Always enjoyed the Sky commentators for the ashes. Love Botham getting fed up with England when they're playing like rubbish.

Having said that, would've been all for this if it was the old guard going over with the remainder being English.
This. Sky's coverage of the cricket (and most sports) is second to none. Enjoyed the English commentators, the graphics, everything.

Lloyd would have been good to have but if they don't carry on like twats I'll take the Aussie stuff over David Gower's inaudible mumbling any day.

This is Nine. They will talk weeks of irrelevant bullshit. Is Brad McNamara going too...

This. Sky's coverage of the cricket (and most sports) is second to none. Enjoyed the English commentators, the graphics, everything.

Coverage, graphics etc are brilliant. Commentary is only a NTTAWWTteenth better than 9. Less matey stuff, just as much bias. Botham, Bumble, Athers, Nasser.... They are just English versions of Slats, Heals and co

BBC ftw. Boycott aside, they're all brilliant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back