Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

new-south-wales-blues-brad-mcnamara-70-futera-world-cup-cricket-1996-collectable-trading-card-29648-p.jpg

Brad McNamara

Can anyone confirm that 4 of the Ch9 nongs went over to Abbey Road this morning ?
Haven't heard anything about it on their coverage today

:rolleyes:

Did anyone else hear that shite segue Tubby tried to work in?

Abbey Road ... (more footage of those four Ch9 idiots) ... Abbey Road was where the Beatles recorded ... (even more footage of those four Ch9 idiots) ... The Beatles really were the Fab Four ... and speaking of Fab Four, the movie Fantastic Four is coming.

Roll trailer.

FMD. :mad: :rolleyes:

Abbey Road ... (more footage of those four Ch9 idiots) ... Abbey Road was where the Beatles recorded ... (even more footage of those four Ch9 idiots) ... The Beatles really were the Fab Four ... and speaking of Fab Four, the movie Fantastic Four is coming.

Roll trailer.

Oh that's just bad

Roll trailer.

Yeah that sort of thing ain't Tubby's strength, he is my favourite of the current breed of commentators though because of his analysis, knows the game inside out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Michael Slater needs to go.

This has become evident listening to the team Nine sent over (for the first 2 tests at least).

The commentary has been surprisingly listen-able. (Still, would 100x have preferred a Sky UK feed). I dislike Heals and Tubby usually but it hasn't been horrendously awful.

Once Slater is gone, we can then work on getting rid of JB (how did he ever weasel into a comm spot??).

Finally, Brett Lee can go once his band mate Brad McNamara is dumped. The guy can't even string together a sentence, FFS.

Nine DESPERATELY needs to beef it's team up with former Aussie captains - Ponting, Waugh or Border, please.

This has become evident listening to the team Nine sent over (for the first 2 tests at least).

The commentary has been surprisingly listen-able. (Still, would 100x have preferred a Sky UK feed). I dislike Heals and Tubby usually but it hasn't been horrendously awful.

Once Slater is gone, we can then work on getting rid of JB (how did he ever weasel into a comm spot??).

Finally, Brett Lee can go once his band mate Brad McNamara is dumped. The guy can't even string together a sentence, FFS.

Nine DESPERATELY needs to beef it's team up with former Aussie captains - Ponting, Waugh or Border, please.

Bad news for you as I'm almost certain "Slats" is joining the commentary team for the 3rd test.

What I have found weird about Brett Lee, having heard a bit of the Aus broadcast is how he speaks in cliches. Almost entirely, like he's incapable of putting a sentence together himself.

He's not like that all the time, he did a Sky lunch or tea segment on bowling and the set up into the delivery which was interesting and he obviously likes talking about cricket and can do it properly but commentary as a skill appears beyond him. They all use cliches but that appears to be ALL he uses.

It was the only session that I picked up and he might have been having a particularly asinine day.

Well that was my point. That's all he seems to do. Makes for very weird listening, like he's been programmed to do it.

I think he kind of has.

As soon as he burst onto the scene it was clear he was going to be a media idol with incredible marketing potential. Some astute work in those early days and he his 'team' have fulfilled it. Obviously the nice guy persona kind of restricts him from an opinion point of view but I guess it's worked out amazingly for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back