Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what mute is for. I'm not going to sully my ears with the garbage till the tests are on.
But mute blocks out everything.

I just want the commentary disposed of, with the crowd noise, etc to stay. :)

I can do without the crowd noise if it does without the idiocy. I can feel my brain cells dying whenever I can hear the usual members of Neiin team.

Ian Healy is the commentary equivalent to carbon monoxide poisoning: colourless, odourless, a dull hiss in the background, then, before you know it, you're dropping off never to wake up again.

I need Michael Slater to get fired. He's the Dwayne Russell of cricket. He significantly detracts from my enjoyment of the game and I've grown to despise him.

Fox used to offer that option years ago for the english summer tests, was great actually.
I had in mind I had seen the option somewhere in the past.

I'd love it. I just hate the Channel 9 commentary, more the nature of it than specific commentators (except Nicholas). They just dribble on and on and on and on and on and on...........

That lbw that was given and then overturned on appeal, where the ball was missing leg.

I'll swear I heard Brayshaw say something like - "in the old parlance, that wouldn't have hit another set".

Well, actually it would have.

Save that expression for when the ball is missing by a country mile James. Not when it is close.

That lbw that was given and then overturned on appeal, where the ball was missing leg.

I'll swear I heard Brayshaw say something like - "in the old parlance, that wouldn't have hit another set".

Save that expression for when the ball is missing by a country mile James. Not when it is close.

He said something along the lines of "Warner is redefining cricket" in the first ODI...it was then that I knew Summer had arrived. :(

Honestly, I'm surprised at the length of these threads. There's gotta be a market out there for synching radio commentary with the tv.

Yeah, that was laughable.

Maybe the miniature set that the Indian umpires used to visualise when Sunil was on strike. But gee, not in this reality, James.

Of the lot of 'em, the only ones that are reasonable to listen to are Hussey and Taylor.

Slater is an idiot.
Healy just rambles and makes no sense at all.
Chappell, is well Chappell. Still goes on about the 70's and when he was captain
Nicholas is the 9 equivalent for Bwuce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheerleaders one and all.

Now we get 3 pelicans per half hour, the 3rd guy is there to agree with everything.

Be nice to hear from an Indian during the Test series, you know to add a bit of perspective........but that ain't gunna happen while there is Fried Chicken, this weeks Memorabillia, and the next new exciting TV show on Nein s**t to sell.

Brayshaw and Slater were both on the same shift during the game yesterday. Absolute muppets. They rarely call the game and when they do it, they overdo it. "Davey Warner" "The Big Show has just come on"

Should be replaced immediately with the Adelaide Oval guys who do the Shield commentary for Cricket Australia. Flipper's ukelele on its own is better than Healy and Slater combined.

Brayshaw and Slater were both on the same shift during the game yesterday. Absolute muppets. They rarely call the game and when they do it, they overdo it. "Davey Warner" "The Big Show has just come on"
He wasn't even playing yesterday and Brayshaw still crapped on and said "This is the time when The Big Show comes in and go nuts" :rolleyes:

He had another doozy earlier "I don't know my Canberra geograhy,but I'll guess that's Lake Burley Griffin"
Really JB,how many other large lakes does Canberra have in the middle of it ?

He had another doozy earlier "I don't know my Canberra geograhy,but I'll guess that's Lake Burley Griffin"
Really JB,how many other large lakes does Canberra have in the middle of it ?

That one quote sums up what's wrong with today's commentary.

Not the fact that there is one major lake in Canberra - and he managed to guess the name - but the fact that he'd done zero preparation in terms of anything that would make the commentary effective or interesting.

Australian commentators today - cricket and football - pretty much turn up, verbally vomit some yarns from yesteryear for a couple of hours, cheer for their favourites, crack some in-jokes with their mates, then go home. They add nothing to what you're already seeing. And this is despite them being selected for their "deep knowledge of the game".

Last edited:
Not the fact that there is one major lake in Canberra - and he managed to guess the name - but the fact that he'd done zero preparation in terms of anything that would make the commentary effective or interesting.

it is endemic now, from cricket, footy, sports journalism/radio. they admit they havent conducted research/watched game etc then laugh with the colleagues about it "oh everyone makes mistakes, haha haw haw"

That one quote sums up what's wrong with today's commentary.

Australian commentators today - cricket and football - pretty much turn up, verbally vomit some yarns from yesteryear for a couple of hours, cheer for their favourites, crack some in-jokes with their mates, then go home. They add nothing to what you're already seeing. And this is despite them being selected for their "deep knowledge of the game".

Yep correct, geez the ABC commentary shits all over them. And as much as Kerry O'Keeffe is a clown sometimes (and ******* funny) he really knows the game well and is great at increasing your knowledge while listening to him. You can tell he watches a shitload of cricket even still, whereas I don't think a lot of the Ch 9 blokes do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back