Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What? JB brings up a legitimate discussion point in world cricket: Are Australian cricket pitches in the last two years too flat? This could lead to genuine and intelligent discussion on the world game? Proper analysis even. Maybe even criticism of Cricket Australia?! This could be interesting....

No.

Three of the last five Tests in Australian have provided a result. Pitches in other countries are flat too. Nothing to see here. I wonder if Kane Williamson will jump like David Warner does when he reaches 100?

(Cross posted from Gameday thread)

Do even the most blindly patriotic Australians enjoy the pom-pom waving commentary?

Now that NZ are batting well and it looks like we won't roll through them it's all about the pitch. Too flat, too docile, nothing in it for bowlers, where's the contest between bat and ball etc

Bringing up graphics to show the +500 1st innings scores in the last 6 home tests. As if this has just occurred to them.

They're right of course. But barely a mention of this over the last two days.

Plumbing new depths every year this McNamara led troupe of Girl Guides.

(Cross posted from Gameday thread)

Do even the most blindly patriotic Australians enjoy the pom-pom commentary?

No. I hate it. It's embarrassing. The fanboy gushing over every Australian player in literally cringeworthy it's that creepy.

A real Heals Special today: "Why doesn't Ross Taylor lay his bat down and do a Haka for us? Hey? A bit of Cummety Hummety?" :rolleyes:
1375.gif

What? JB brings up a legitimate discussion point in world cricket: Are Australian cricket pitches in the last two years too flat? This could lead to genuine and intelligent discussion on the world game? Proper analysis even. Maybe even criticism of Cricket Australia?! This could be interesting....

No.

Three of the last five Tests in Australian have provided a result. Pitches in other countries are flat too. Nothing to see here. I wonder if Kane Williamson will jump like David Warner does when he reaches 100?

i mentioned in the radio thread that katich loved willows celebration, that was understated and humble, unlike warners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back