Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah I can't stand Boycott. Misery guts.

Not saying I enjoy Brayshaw or Slater responding to fairly standard cricketing events like eight year old kids on red cordial, but Boycott just moans on and on and on about everything and everything without even providing insight like Chappell occasionally does. Give me David Lloyd any day.

He's light years better than other flogs on commentary though.
He doesn't go to the same level of cheer leading like the others and I do respect that (as far as I can recall) he has never got involved in the horrendous promotion of memorabilia or CH9 shows.

Has always just commentated on the cricket - if the others did the same the broadcast would be far more enjoyable and chappelli the crust old goat would be redundant. I'm tired of his unfunny anecdotes from 40 years ago

He doesn't go to the same level of cheer leading like the others and I do respect that (as far as I can recall) he has never got involved in the horrendous promotion of memorabilia or CH9 shows.

Has always just commentated on the cricket - if the others did the same the broadcast would be far more enjoyable and chappelli the crust old goat would be redundant. I'm tired of his unfunny anecdotes from 40 years ago

Yeah don't disagree. The problem with 9 in Chappells case is nobody comes along with new ideas to replace the old ideas.

eJWFNzg.jpg

Funniest from Bumble was when he said something along the lines of this on Shane Watson..

Look I don't know the bloke.. but I bet he just loves batting against the bowling machine. Just standing there all day smashing balls back at it straight through the V.

Pure bloody gold! Bumble is Freud and Jung in a combined reincarnation.

Boycott's problem is that he has only two settings: "100% Whinge" and "100% Gloat". He really doesn't offer anything deeper than that.
you are so wrong.
boycott goes into detail about test cricket,deeper than anyone.
every delivery and every stroke will be explained and why.
that's all i want from a cricket commentator.
if there is anyone better,i have not heard him.

Last edited:
And there will be a fair bit of smoke blown up Kerry Packer's posthumous arse, too, with foitage of the old WSC's first day-nighters.

Cue Chappelli............."I said to Greg this bloke better get out quick, and then I had Kerry at long on but thought no he likes to hit to the offside especially with Dennis bowling. It was one of those hot Adelaide days like when I played with Greg in the backyard. I always thought it was important to........"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issues here begun when they hired that dickbag Mark Nicholas. He attempts to make anything sounds interesting when actually, anything isn't just interesting.

He is the champeenyan, the Ricky, Punter, Ponting! Shut up cumsock.

Has anyone else noticed the similarities between the disintegration of the Cricket commentary akin to the AFL? Seemingly now, it is a bunch of w***ers talking about anything apart from the game, being blokey blokes and probably giving the odd cutey-pie a tug under the table.

Slater was my favourite player growing up. Now, stfu orgasm-dickwad when someone hits a shot.

Whilst Phil Hughes passing away was awful, 9 will absolutely s**t on this today.

Finally, David Warner has someone else to dedicate his innings to this week. Ideally next week will be the latest victims of whatever terrorist attack occurs next. Do you reckon he is really shitty that Sonny Bill was able to demolish his wife because he did?

The issues here begun when they hired that dickbag Mark Nicholas. He attempts to make anything sounds interesting when actually, anything isn't just interesting.

He is the champeenyan, the Ricky, Punter, Ponting! Shut up cumsock.

Has anyone else noticed the similarities between the disintegration of the Cricket commentary akin to the AFL? Seemingly now, it is a bunch of ******s talking about anything apart from the game, being blokey blokes and probably giving the odd cutey-pie a tug under the table.

Slater was my favourite player growing up. Now, stfu orgasm-dickwad when someone hits a shot.

Whilst Phil Hughes passing away was awful, 9 will absolutely s**t on this today.

Finally, David Warner has someone else to dedicate his innings to this week. Ideally next week will be the latest victims of whatever terrorist attack occurs next. Do you reckon he is really shitty that Sonny Bill was able to demolish his wife because he did?

dont know if i wanna google that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back