Certified Legendary Thread The absolute brilliance that is the C9 commentary team. CC: Brad McNamara

Remove this Banner Ad

I was trying to think of this and the only ones I could think of from recent times are Johnson running out Stokes (from his own stupidity) in the 15 Ashes, Johnson running out Root in the 13/14 Ashes, Johnson kicking the ball onto the stumps to run out Ingram in NZ and Johnson running out De Villiers in 08/09 at the MCG?

I sense a common theme.

Tis a very valid point regarding the Aussies fielding ability to execute a top notch run out. I'd add David (or should that be Davy?) Warner's run out of Alma in the Perth Test of 2012.

Was digging through some old sport files on my PC and came across Ashes Glory from 2006-07 Ashes which reminded me of my favourite cricket video of all time

What happened to this channel 9 :(

Was digging through some old sport files on my PC and came across Ashes Glory from 2006-07 Ashes which reminded me of my favourite cricket video of all time

What happened to this channel 9 :(

Brad McNamara happened

I was trying to think of this and the only ones I could think of from recent times are Johnson running out Stokes (from his own stupidity) in the 15 Ashes, Johnson running out Root in the 13/14 Ashes, Johnson kicking the ball onto the stumps to run out Ingram in NZ and Johnson running out De Villiers in 08/09 at the MCG?

I sense a common theme.

Johnson did a ripper in a T20 against Pakistan that tour where Amir first played against us. Also kicked the stumps over running out KP in a one day after the horror Ashes 2010. Ran out a West Indian player from the boundary in a ICC Champions Trophy match in 2009.

Very much a common theme. I wish Robelinda would do a Johnson run-out compilation for Youtube. We've never had a quick who was so good in the field.

Very much a common theme. I wish Robelinda would do a Johnson run-out compilation for Youtube. We've never had a quick who was so good in the field.
Been lucky in that regard in recent years - Lee was very good, and Ryan Harris was an excellent outfield catcher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Per C9 via The Australian

Nine Entertainment shares plunged 23 per cent after it laid the blame for weaker-than-expected ratings partly on the standard of international cricket this summer.

Nine said its third quarter television revenue fell by 11 per cent from a year earlier, as it downgraded its full-year forecast for the free-to-air advertising market.....

Pointedly, it noted: “Nine’s Summer of Cricket was adversely impacted by both the weather and the standard of the competition” with almost a third of scheduled play days lost.

The Test series against New Zealand and the West Indies were blighted by early finishes as the home team steamrolled the opposition. Australia beat the Windies by more than an innings in the first Test while the Sydney New Year’s Test was washed out.

Nine did not mention its swag of poor program launches this year, including the disastrous return of Reno Rumble and poor audiences for Australia’s Got Talent.

Nine’s fall in third quarter revenues was confirmed by the independent Standard Media Index advertising revenue result for January, which showed Nine’s drop to an estimated 32.3 per cent commercial share. That is Nine’s worst SMI result since March 2012 and the lowest January share since 2009.

Nine also blamed an early Easter and lack of a Cricket World Cup event for the ratings decline.

Interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back