Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never ceases to amaze me how those standing against marginalizing and bulling are so willing to marginalize and bully.

I'm just talking language definitions here mate. That's the third derisive label you've directed at me and you don't even know me. Funny stuff!
Poor marginalized doofus. Go back to the land of Doofusses and don't come back. We don't want you here (come on mate - toughen up. You said something on the Internet and someone said it was dumb)

The real issue now is what is happening to the kids in the settlements.

People are more interested in arguing over booing rather than real physical and emotional issues happening right now that affect indigenous people especially in the aforementioned settlements.
Agreed. What is happening in our own backyard is appalling.

My first question to you was are they mutually exclusive - not synonyms. Are there many examples of colonisation without invasion or a number of them?

Yes. Australia is an example. A small colony was settled in one part of a vast land. There was no defending force to overcome; they simply unpacked the ships and set up shop. Then another colony was settled somewhere else independently and another and then another. Eventually they federated into a nation. There was no invasion of a state or territory. Land was settled, local populations subdued and control was established. This is not an invasion. If only some who claim it was could have stood on the beaches of Normandy to get some perspective on the term.

The American colonies are another. A number of different colonies settled by different parties.

And you do realise that he's acknowledged Australia Day is a day that should be celebrated, right?
I was quoting a poster declaring it as an invasion of "his" country and conveniently forgetting that he wouldn't be here to call it his country if it didn't happen, it had nothing to do with what adam goodes himself was saying but go ahead and take pot shots from that fake high horse you seem to enjoy so much.

Yes. Australia is an example. A small colony was settled in one part of a vast land. There was no defending force to overcome; they simply unpacked the ships and set up shop. Then another colony was settled somewhere else independently and another and then another. Eventually they federated into a nation. There was no invasion of a state or territory. Land was settled, local populations subdued and control was established. This is not an invasion. If only some who claim it was could have stood on the beaches of Normandy to get some perspective on the term.

The American colonies are another. A number of different colonies settled by different parties.
Gee that brutal colonisation process sailed pretty smoothly.

I was quoting a poster declaring it as an invasion of "his" country and conveniently forgetting that he wouldn't be here to call it his country if it didn't happen, it had nothing to do with what adam goodes himself was saying but go ahead and take pot shots from that fake high horse you seem to enjoy so much.
Yes but he's acknowledged it should be celebrated. So your point was irrelevant.

Nice alias account btw.

The poster I quoted has not, I was responding to that poster not adam goodes.

Why is that so difficult for you to grasp?
And you felt it relevant to bring up Goodes' parents.

It's nice up on a high horse isn't it? Good view.

Poor marginalized doofus. Go back to the land of Doofusses and don't come back. We don't want you here (come on mate - toughen up. You said something on the Internet and someone said it was dumb)

And now comes the predictable "harden up and just take it" response despite me not even having complained about your derision, rather having just mused at the irony.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's is a difference between booing someone once or twice, and booing someone unremittingly.

One is an expression of disapproval, the other is an expression of intolerance for the individual. It's an extreme application of bullying.

Totally agree it is an extreme application of bullying and I don't support it, but it's not racist!

Give them the option to work and see what happens.. Indigineous put their hand out just like whites and anyother colour.. Happy to accept
So you must be disgusted when atheists/agnostics take Christmas off?

And you felt it relevant to bring up Goodes' parents.

It's nice up on a high horse isn't it? Good view.
His father probably has a lot more to do with this then anything some redneck fan has shouted to him over the fence, or is that not something you are willing to consider?

And now comes the predictable "harden up and just take it" response despite me not even having complained about your derision, rather having just mused at the irony.
So it was technically impossible to invade somewhere before the establishment of modern nation states. Pray - impart more of your wisdom

So something isn't a country until a group of white men decide it is?

Well given you're using an English word, I suppose you could say Australia being a country would be defined by "a group of white men" if that's how you want to put it. Sounds awfully racially motivated to me, but if that's your bent, so be it. There would be some truth to it.

Never ceases to amaze me how those standing against marginalizing and bulling are so willing to marginalize and bully.

I'm just talking language definitions here mate. That's the third derisive label you've directed at me and you don't even know me. Funny stuff!
It seems many have resorted to tangents such as your language definitions.

His father probably has a lot more to do with this then anything some redneck fan has shouted to him over the fence, or is that not something you are willing to consider?
Has more to do with what exactly?

Well given you're using an English word, I suppose you could say Australia being a country would be defined by "a group of white men" if that's how you want to put it. Sounds awfully racially motivated to me, but if that's your bent, so be it. There would be some truth to it.
You're the one dismissing 40,000 years of culture and picking some arbitrary date which just happened to involve white men. Sounds awfully racially motivated to me.

This "country" will do. It's ours now? That's a modern perspective that simply did not exist at the time. There was no country. There wasn't a country for another 100 odd years after that either. This is just a story removed from reality.
Your username is a disgrace.

You're clearly a goose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back