2nds The Adelaide Crows Reserves - sponsored by Bendigo Bank

Remove this Banner Ad

I missed the game, how did the ruck duel pan out ? Brooksby vs Graham/McKernan ? I'd like us to look at Brooksby as Saude insurance.

IMO CEY is nowhere near Martin and the gap is widening by the game.
would that not have something to do with playing in the seniors rather than the reserves?

and make no mistake, that's no slight on Martin as I really love the strong aspects of his game, but I'd just like to point out that he and Jaensch have both proved many doubters wrong after not much more than just getting a decent crack at it.

Can someone explain to me why the SANFL is having a second split-round in the space of three rounds? I would have been very keen to see Adelaide in action this weekend given the AFL side isn't playing. Seems a bit of poor fixturing there.
Can someone explain why they need split rounds at all? It's gone to a 10 team, 18 game season, just run the bloody comp normal and get on with it. It's like downloading American TV and having to wait for every inane public holiday, sporting event and the need to drag out the suspense.

See Martin has speed and his disposal isn't bad, although I wish he would finish in front of goal. CEY is still probably behind Lyons, Grigg and Junior too. Again as I have mentioned on other threads, having these guys NOT in the side with their reserves form is great for depth. With others returning he will find it hard to crack a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get the bye round concept. I understand their reasoning but at afl level with the cap on rotations it's just strange to see 2 concepts that cancel each other out.

Lift the cap and cancel the byes!

It's the AFLPA who have insisted on the byes, well in the AFL anyway.

They would still have the byes with or without the rotations.

Personally, I hate the split rounds. It's 2 pm and we are still 90 minutes away from the footy starting on TV. Scrap the bye rounds.

Don't have any break. Just go from round 1 straight through to round 22 and then finals.
Oh yeah this is my preferred equation however I don't think we will ever go back to that so if there has to be a break do it split round rather than a bye. What makes it worse is that I usually work weekends and this weekend I could have gone but no game. Next week you guessed it im working.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back