2nds The Adelaide Crows Reserves - sponsored by Bendigo Bank

Remove this Banner Ad

Not kidding. I bravely ventured down there with my little boy all dressed up in crows colours and ended up behind the northern goal with the port ferals. At one point some flog was trying to really give it to Rutten, calling him a draft horse, useless, old man, etc. a quick look at the stats on the phone and I took great delight in pointing out to the flog that the old draft horse had kept 'The Future' to 6 disposals and 1 point, in his own team's ten goal hiding. Shut him up :thumbsu:
Your bravery attending a SANFL game where actual opposition supporters exist almost matches yet another brave Crows loss. Your George Cross medal is in the mail hero.
Rutten has effectively retired and the PAFC is carrying Butcher but the 'state team' reserves still get thrashed.

Your bravery attending a SANFL game where actual opposition supporters exist almost matches yet another brave Crows loss. Your George Cross medal is in the mail hero.
Rutten has effectively retired and the PAFC is carrying Butcher but the 'state team' reserves still get thrashed.

Where has all this bravado come from? Into the cooking Sherry tonight feral?

Where has all this bravado come from? Into the cooking Sherry tonight feral?
Great seeing Bernie Vince in the PAFC club rooms graciously having some photos taken with PAFC supporters in his down time.
Where does your self-deluded sense of superior entitlement come from MS?
FYI PAFC supporters don't drink cooking sherry.

Last edited:

Lol. **** off flog. This discussion has **** all to do with you. **** off to your own board. Butcher is absolutely useless. I'm so pleased he is on your afl list. Rutten has effectively retired, yet he gave the useless Butcher an absolute hiding. Enjoy that.

Last edited:
Doesn't help that our seniors side plays too top heavy with too many big forwards due to Sando not wanting to drop his mate either. The reserves sure could do with one of the four playing tomorrow.
Gees I hate comments like these. Not because it's critical of the club but just the comment itself.

Pods is playing well. Who cares that he came from Geelong like Sando and who cares that he's old. He's playing really well and our forward line is strong. We're the 4th highest scoring side and that includes our first 3 games where we got belted. Defensively they'll be better when Charlie returns.

Pods isn't keeping any other forwards out and we're fighting for a finals berth. While he's playing well and the forward group are looking dangerous, I have no problem. He had a great first half against Hawks, then Jenkins had his cameo and then late in the game Lynch got involved. It's looking dangerous and multi faceted.

Lets not kid ourselves, 1/3 of the team is 'fill in' players. 1/3 team is youngsters a year away from SANFL level. Lyons, Grigg, M Crouch and L Thompson are the only ones I've seen that are worthy of AFL level (at this stage). ((Hartigan maybe too))
We have a number of young players that will need to start impressing next year to have a future (CEY, Knight, Atkins, Siggins, Battersby, Spina), but at this point - since they are not top 10 draft selections we don't expect them to be Dangerfield or B Crouch, and frankly they are showing that they are not. the lack of good draft picks is showing.

I think the SANFL side amplifies the issues we have with our movement out of defence.

For some reason we seem to want to take an eternity to move the ball out of defence. We leisurely switch it from side to side and wait for a runner to come from behind to receive the ball or try to short pass it out of defence. By this time, the opposition has well and truly gotten back into position and ready to pounce on the next mistake.

This tiki taka style movement out of defence is fine, but relies on pinpoint foot skills, excellent movement off the ball and continual fluid movement of the ball. Our players receive the ball, take an eternity to decide what they want to do with it, switch it a few times, then proceed to shank passes to 50/50 contests. It is incredibly painful to watch.

Our skills are so poor.

Gees I hate comments like these. Not because it's critical of the club but just the comment itself.

Pods is playing well. Who cares that he came from Geelong like Sando and who cares that he's old. He's playing really well and our forward line is strong. We're the 4th highest scoring side and that includes our first 3 games where we got belted. Defensively they'll be better when Charlie returns.

Pods isn't keeping any other forwards out and we're fighting for a finals berth. While he's playing well and the forward group are looking dangerous, I have no problem. He had a great first half against Hawks, then Jenkins had his cameo and then late in the game Lynch got involved. It's looking dangerous and multi faceted.

Lynch got involved when pods went to defence, which enabled lynch to play his usual game. Walker never got involved, and has less chances to get involved because of pods. Just delaying the inevitable by playing him

I didn't get a chance to watch the game, how did Battersby look? He had the ball a ton, but how did he use it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't get a chance to watch the game, how did Battersby look? He had the ball a ton, but how did he use it?

I think he was one of the better players, ball use was decent from memory, I don't remember as much as I'd like to since he's not the most eyecatching sort of player on the field.

Batters had some nice plays, linking up and with good disposal. Doesn't mind getting in and getting his own ball and has strong lower body so can stand up in tackles etc.

He's not very flashy but reliable, at 177cm (according to the AFC website) and not massively speedy it does go against him.

Battersby and Atkins ball use is better than half of the AFL team. Both have good futures at AFL Level.

CEY really disappoints me. His ball use is horrendous. Marginally ahead of John Butcher. He's out of contract but will probably survive for 1 more year because there are a couple ahead of him to go.

Battersby and Atkins ball use is better than half of the AFL team. Both have good futures at AFL Level.

CEY really disappoints me. His ball use is horrendous. Marginally ahead of John Butcher. He's out of contract but will probably survive for 1 more year because there are a couple ahead of him to go.

What do you make of Siggins?

I admire Porplyzia, Reilly and Rutten, I think they deserve a massive amount of respect for not spitting the chewy and retiring immediately and walking away from the game. I wouldn't have blamed them one bit for refusing to play rezzies but to their credit they stick with it and educate the youngsters.

I understand the sentiment but these are professional athletes. Maybe I can agree with Rutten because he's retiring and has nothing left to prove. I'd say Porps and Reilly should both be playing for their careers right now and being under contract, I'd be spewing if they refused to play in the reserves.

I understand the sentiment but these are professional athletes. Maybe I can agree with Rutten because he's retiring and has nothing left to prove. I'd say Porps and Reilly should both be playing for their careers right now and being under contract, I'd be spewing if they refused to play in the reserves.

Spewing? I believe the word is 'cutting'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back