2nds The Adelaide Crows Reserves - sponsored by Bendigo Bank

Remove this Banner Ad

McKernan does it again . Boy can't believe that posters want to keep this waste of space in our squad.
Wonder how going to get a final game into Ben with him going backwards and will they payout Reilly or keep him as token.

Siggins looked the goods though, powerful leg and was willing to take the game on.
Given Otten injured & trucks form he may be next in line. Our tall stocks look very thin.

Good response by Laird & m crouch...& kerridge looks like he is ready for the Roos.

McKernan does it again . Boy can't believe that posters want to keep this waste of space in our squad.
Wonder how going to get a final game into Ben with him going backwards and will they payout Reilly or keep him as token.
Needs to be traded somewhere for a fresh start as had his last chance this year & failed to grab it at the beginning of the season.

Gus needs to go too, so we need to find a ruckman who can cover sauce.

McKernan has been so dissapointing after a good start to the year. Stating the obvious but time to cut our losses

Heartbreaking loss but it looked like they were out on their legs in the last.

Spina, Kelly, Battersby all did nice things though. Knights was barely sighted in the second half.

Knight was injured in the second qtr. Got tackled, got up hobbling - ankle or knee. Don't think he came back on after that. (Therefore we were two players down in the last qtr). He was good up until then. We missed his run in that second half.
Rutten was disappointing, maybe he has switched off mentally.

Knight was injured in the second qtr. Got tackled, got up hobbling - ankle or knee. Don't think he came back on after that. (Therefore we were two players down in the last qtr). He was good up until then. We missed his run in that second half.
Anything serious?

I only started watching in the third quarter... i knew there had been another injury but it wasn't mentioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So our game plan is for no kicks over 25 metres?

no, (well mostly it is but also...) we will kick long to key targets outnumbered 1 on 6 or to slow players in miles of space but no separation on their direct opponent who will either definitely get spoiled or fumble it and lose it to said opponent anyway.

Sure. What I meant he keeps performing even after being dropped.
Even when he was in the side he was playing well enough to keep his spot. He was averaging 17 possessions a game and that includes been a sub on a number of occasions. Meanwhile we have injuries and Crouch doesnt get a call up even with his stellar form in the Ravens. Poorly handled.

Who comes out?

Not wonder boy, surly not.

There's a few blokes playing for their spots tonight.

Kerridge is a very good chance to face North, unless we get through tonight with a 60 point win with all fringe players performing well. I'm enough of a realist to know that this won't happen though. All of Hendo, Grigg, Wright and Lyons need to perform or they'll be axed. Cameron may have some pressure on him too if he is not considered vital to the structure (*Note - I consider him vital to the structure). I'd like to include Mackay and Douglas in this group but both appear to have gold passes.

Laird is also an excellent chance of coming back in. Hendo, Grigg and Wright all under the gun there.

Thommo is also a monty if passed fit. Anyone I've named previously could make way there.

I'd say the most likely outcome for the North game, assuming everyone is fit is:

Out: Grigg, Wright, Lyons
In: S Thompson, Kerridge, Laird

Obviously subject to change if either or both of Lyons and Wright star tonight, but it's safe to say Grigg is gone now that he's been named sub for the 4th game in a row.

Even when he was in the side he was playing well enough to keep his spot. He was averaging 17 possessions a game and that includes been a sub on a number of occasions. Meanwhile we have injuries and Crouch doesnt get a call up even with his stellar form in the Ravens. Poorly handled.
Not really - struggled in last game & imo Lyons is more afl ready.

Bob will get another chance in time.

So a guy in his first season, playing arguably one the hardest, if not the hardest position on the ground (especially in terms of body toll), and has played 5-6 games is poorly handled?

Last game against NM he got manhandled and whilst i do think he should be selected next week ahead of Thommo, he actually has been handled pretty well this season.

Not really - struggled in last game & imo Lyons is more afl ready.

Bob will get another chance in time.
Man if we drop someone for one bad game then everyone on our team would have a nice number of SANFL games under their beds. He deserved to keep his spot, and on form deserved to have come back in before now. Wright hasnt deserved games ahead of Matt. No if's, no buts, no maybes.

Only caught a little bit of the game yesterday, but I think the commentators said Mckernan went off injured early in the second quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back