2nds The Adelaide Crows Reserves - sponsored by Bendigo Bank

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the detailed reports all, little bit sad that in this day and age this is the best way to get up to date information on the SANFL side but up to date it certainly is!

You can download the SANFL app that gives you up to date stats.

Not 100% sure if it's available with Android but with Apple it is.

That's what I use mostly at games.

Footy live made by sportsmate has scores and stats for all the state leagues on top of the AFL games.

The best footy app available behind the official AFL one, but considering you get SANFL/WAFL/VFL as well, it's equally brilliant.

Footy live made by sportsmate has scores and stats for all the state leagues on top of the AFL games.

The best footy app available behind the official AFL one, but considering you get SANFL/WAFL/VFL as well, it's equally brilliant.
NEAFL too

Back home now from the trip out north.

Graham is not the spud most of this board proclaim. I wouldn't be surprised to see him up in the bests for this weeks game. He did some very nice taps, some nice contested marking around the ground and provided some good linking movements as well when he was moving. He had some chances in the forward line in the last quarter that didn't quite pan out, but he contested well.

Ned was in town to watch Jake and he did some nice things (Jake that is). He has a bit of turn of speed on him (not Charlie turn of speed but I had heard about his endurance being very good, not so much about his ability to get away from opponents or to close down on one and prevent the mark being taken. Has a nice defensive punch on him too.

Battersby is a very nice footballer. Very nice. Great hands on him and took some nice contested marks, or at least got front position and held it well.

Riley Knight - we've found a nice hungry forward here. He had some shockers of kicks, and some absolute pearlers.

Otten was being rested a lot during each quarter. At least twice each quarter for decent periods. His leadership on field and the coaching he was doing was really nice. I think he might still get at least another week in the seconds.

Ellis-Yolman is still a bit raw in some respects, but he knows where the ball is about to be and he is very good at getting his hands free when being tackled.

Grigg and Lyons were working almost as a tag team in the middle. They both were getting caught a bit to start off with as it was very congested but as the game opened up the pair of them used their abilities to get around opponents well.

Spina was in and out of the game. Did a couple of nice things from memory.

McKernan was playing angry after he was dumped hard off the ball by his opponent and he gave him a nice whack in return. He clunked some nice marks early but couldn't get his hands on it cleanly in the last quarter, but in those instances he brought the ball down and worked hard.

Johnston was Lewis. Some good, some bad, some lazy arse stuff. He was rucking in the forward line when McKernan was relieving Graham, they weren't too bad.

Atkins loves to tackle the opposition hard. He helped settle the game a couple of times when Centrals were getting a bit of a run on. In fact the whole team seemed to have some good tackle practice this week. Only a few times did Centrals break our tackles.

Charlie, Charlie, Charlie. You need to learn to get closer to your opponent when they are kicking out. Glenn was the one in the first quarter who sparked the run on for Centrals and it was Charlie being lax in manning up anywhere close to him. He did some nice movement in the forward line.

Porps took, I think 3 really nice marks in the space of a couple of minutes at the start of the game and it is great to see him clunking those, contested, and his shoulders don't appear to be any trouble. He was playing mostly in the forward line.

Thompson was solid without being spectacular, but that is what you generally expect from a full back. Stopped a couple of goals and surprised a few people with his speed while still looking to go at the same loping pace.

Siggens had the issue of being manned up against McIntyre at times which wasn't the best match up and Centrals exploited it.

On the amateur guys playing, Thompson might not have the turn of speed but he gives it everything and is clever with a good head on his shoulders. He was a nice mature head to have in that backline.

And Callinan was trying to take mark of the year and came close a couple of times!

Last edited:
Charlie Cameron has the potential to be an exciting player for the crows. Lacking the fitness base at the moment but was nice to watch.

I had never seen Graham play until today and he looked ok. Rucked reasonably well, kicking is pretty bad. It didnt help that they kept trying to handpass to his feet. He wasnt as spuddy as I expected but I dont really know how the doggies ruck stocks are at the moment.

Martin needs a chance to get his confidence up at this level. what can you expect from aguy when he has spent the last two yrs coming on as a sub for average of 25 mins game time usually when the side is losing or on the back foot
Hes been on the list for 5 years, he should be established or at least being able to play consecutive games but he can't, delist

I use the Android version. It's decent, but it didn't have a streaming radio option today for some reason. Used Tunein Radio instead.

Wow and hes played 20 games, hows he survived the cut?
Martin was on the rookie list for the first 2 years then did his knee after a great debut and first few games.

Then hurt it again, coming back late in the year strung together some good performances as sub and nearly established himself in the team in 2012 until soft tissue injuries struck.

Far from a spud more injury prone, still a force at SANFL level and a classy link up running player but probably has lost that edge of pace he needs at AFL level.

Like L.Thompson compromised drafts and draft sanctions probably bought him an extra year on the list. He is a ripping kid and has been very unlucky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont recall ever hearing Battersby has great pace... true?

Kelly... Suitable replacement for Radar?

Very much so. He is a perfect size for the modern day half back flanker. He is 189cm, moves well, reasonable speed without being electric and is a good one on one player. He'd be provide some flexibility to play on the guys Smith used to play on.

He'd free up Hendo, Smith and Gibbs to play more attacking game through half back and midfield.

Website has Knight as best - anyone notice him?
Yeah, he was very good. He butchered the ball a few times but he was always involved in the play and did heaps of nice things. I think in a couple years time he will be a very good player for us and wouldnt be surprised if he debuted this year.

Does any one know much about davis-neale. I was very impressed with him today, everything he did seemed very classy. I think i read somewhere he was a highly rated junior but for some reason disappeared off the scene.

Very much so. He is a perfect size for the modern day half back flanker. He is 189cm, moves well, reasonable speed without being electric and is a good one on one player. He'd be provide some flexibility to play on the guys Smith used to play on.

He'd free up Hendo, Smith and Gibbs to play more attacking game through half back and midfield.

Do you have info the rest of us don't?

Just thought i would mention what a class act eddie betts is. He was at todays game and i saw him walk pass and instantly kids went running up to him for an autograph and photo and he stopped and signed every one of them and had photos with all of them individually. He had his wife and child there and still took the time to do that.

After last week's article bagging our reserves setup saying we are too weak what's the bet that flog rucci comes out saying the crows and port will dominate the SANFL and something needs to be done.

It was always going to fluctuate depending on the health of the senior team. The top up system is fine they all have a crack and can fit into the structure no need for a reserves for our reserves would be a waste of our time and resources.

Wow and hes played 20 games, hows he survived the cut?
The Crows rarely cut players after an ACL. Wouldn't go down well with the squad. Unfortunately Martin has lost his zip and that is sad after his brilliant debut against the Saints many years ago. I think the club will persist until it is obvious to all that his AFL days are numbered!

The Crows rarely cut players after an ACL. Wouldn't go down well with the squad. Unfortunately Martin has lost his zip and that is sad after his brilliant debut against the Saints many years ago. I think the club will persist until it is obvious to all that his AFL days are numbered!

Martin is well enough considered to be the emergency yet again today. Must be something there the selectors like. If he doesn't play today then he needs to be back in the twos next week for match fitness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back