The Adelaide United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt Boogs is in for Marrone and obviously Chelo.

Beat Perth at home and we will be OK, but its a must

Must win against Perth next week. We could be 9 points behind them if results go their way by next week and the chance for top spot is all but gone.

Boogs and Chelo in for Marrone and Pablo the probable changes.

Going back to his hometown on good money and probably the armband. Good luck to him, we will have plenty of time to find a replacement

whats the latest on the new stadium proposal/upgrade?

We have plenty of time to replace Boogs but if we lose Malik at the same time it'll be tough. Not too many good Aussie CBs who would be willing to come home.

Still think McGowan has plenty to offer, has played some good games and is still plenty young enough just needs consistency.

As for signing Chelo..... huge IMO. Our spine of Bruce, Chelo, Isa and Euge are there with Cirio, Goody, Elrich, McGowan and Marrone all signed up. If Ossie signs we will be fine but I wouldn't begruge him a move to Europe, he has the talent.

We have plenty of time to replace Boogs but if we lose Malik at the same time it'll be tough. Not too many good Aussie CBs who would be willing to come home.

Still think McGowan has plenty to offer, has played some good games and is still plenty young enough just needs consistency.

As for signing Chelo..... huge IMO. Our spine of Bruce, Chelo, Isa and Euge are there with Cirio, Goody, Elrich, McGowan and Marrone all signed up. If Ossie signs we will be fine but I wouldn't begruge him a move to Europe, he has the talent.
Just hope that malik does not play too well for the rest of the season ;)

WTF is wrong with our 2nd halves lately, they've been terrible.. Would love to know what the hell goes on in those changerooms at half time.

It needs to be fixed ASAP.

Tale of two halves, except we didn't score 3 goals in the first. We should have got a point tonight plain and simple. To collapse in the second half like that undermanned or not is worrying.

I just don't think the team has the mentality to finish top. Top two or bust is how I see it.

I dont see mentality as an issue. Whats killing us is the fact we cant get a consistent team on the pitch, in particular in defence. Mabil really disappointed me last night, the kid has passion but he acted like a child.

We have seen it with Perth in the last few weeks too, they are changing personnel in defence and it kills ya. I reckon we can still end up 2nd with the Victory top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont see mentality as an issue. Whats killing us is the fact we cant get a consistent team on the pitch, in particular in defence. Mabil really disappointed me last night, the kid has passion but he acted like a child.

We have seen it with Perth in the last few weeks too, they are changing personnel in defence and it kills ya. I reckon we can still end up 2nd with the Victory top.

I agree. If we are to finish top two I can't see the Victory finishing third. It's Perth or us IMO.

The next 3 weeks is huge, particularly the games against Wellington and the Victory.

Defence a shambles, lazy midfield, the final third as clinical as Ian Perrie's goal-kicking. I have no clue where this club is going at the present moment.

Lose our best CB, Mabil, our coach and then Petrillo. The management upstairs is a disgrace and as much as the players want to deny it, surely there's some unrest in the locker room. Amor's head is already on the chopping block because we're last after 5 rounds and look to finish in the bottom 4 this season if things don't change soon. We're a club who has the squad to finish top 4 and that's exactly where we should be finishing this season.

Djite can't score. Jeggo is a lazy f*ck. Isaias isn't the same player he was in season 1. Elrich has been incredibly poor this season. Dugandzic is plain tripe. Carrusca is slow and fragile and has struggled to get as involved this season. We've conceded 10 goals in our last 3 games. Both our centre backs have potential to be up there with the best but aren't there yet. Goodwin isn't a LB and needs to be played higher up the field or on the bench. There's no spark in the team and that's where we miss Mabil. We signed Babalj and he's still the lazy bastard he was when he left the Heart.

Kamau and Hall really the only positives so far this season and to a lesser extent Cirio.

I KNOW this club has what it takes to finish top 6 this season, even top 4, which is where we should be finishing anyway. At the moment, how things are going, I can't see a quick fix happening. We either stick by Amor and hope we can get back into form or cut him loose in the next month.

Not a lot is going right at the moment for us so it's hard to be positive. The players need to take a good hard look at themselves and ask themselves if they want to achieve anything this season because at the moment, we're heading for a season of failure.

haven't watched any of the games yet this year so haven't seen how bad the losses are, but i do remember people calling for Josep's head in the first half of his first season because they were not getting any results...

.. just saying..

IMO we dont have the talent to finish top 4. We were JUST there last year with a similar squad and everyone around us improved.

haven't watched any of the games yet this year so haven't seen how bad the losses are, but i do remember people calling for Josep's head in the first half of his first season because they were not getting any results...

.. just saying..

Difference being he was implementing a completely new style that he himself said that it'd take 10 games before it was flying.

Amor apparently only wants to tweak this.

IMO we dont have the talent to finish top 4. We were JUST there last year with a similar squad and everyone around us improved.
If we had a clinical striker we certainly would be but we haven't had that since van Dijk left. When is the club going to wake up and realize you need a clinical striker to win anything in this league? Berisha has been THAT striker the last 5 years and look how Brisbane and the Victory have done with him in their team. Our team has to be the least clinical I've seen for years.

We won't win anything with Djite as our main striker.

Difference being he was implementing a completely new style that he himself said that it'd take 10 games before it was flying.

Amor apparently only wants to tweak this.
Yeah the gameplan hasn't changed much at all. Keep possession, pass pass pass, achieve nothing. Lol.

Yeah this season is a shambles... might as well write it off now, and get something in place for next year... like a striker, like a decent 2nd goalie when Eugene isn't available...

Yeah this season is a shambles... might as well write it off now, and get something in place for next year... like a striker, like a decent 2nd goalie when Eugene isn't available...
Harsh on Hall IMO, he's been pretty good behind a woeful defence.

Might as well wipe the season now, our defence is a shambles, and we have no strikers.
Dust off the cheque book and get in a clinical Marquee striker FFS.

Does this club give a * about growing its fan base? Where the hell do they pull the $35 for a general admission ticket at the gate from? They are having a laugh.

Hope they enjoy their 8-9 thousand crowds. Seriously on field issues aside how do they expect to attract and retain new fans who have to pay $35 to sit in a less than half full stadium.

There has been a complete lack of competition for sports in South Australia since the commencement of the season. The return of fans in their first three home games is nothing short of embarrassing and abysmal for a one state team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back