The Advertiser - What a Newspaper

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else getting sick of the incessant bleatings from Rucci about the football department spend from the SA teams, particularly from his Port POV?

He's a thought Rucc, the biggest problem with Port's finances is you! Leader of the parade of the 'AAMI is a shithole' brigade and then all cry foul the moment that Port's fanbase (and ours) swallow it, stop going and drive their attendances down the toilet to genuinely dangerous territory. They do realise they have to survive til 2014 or 2015 right?

Maybe if Port's 'we hate AAMI campaign' was a little less vigorous you might actually have a ruck coach, midfield coach and a fulltime first assistant, because even despite a dodgy stadium deal, you once healthy profits.

Muppet.

Did have a laugh at Rucci's effort trying to compare us getting Sauce to Phil Davi$'s situation.

What do people think of the Advertiser becoming the CHadvertiser tomorrow when you buy the paper at aami tomorrow?

It is a bit of a joke really, having said that though, if Port ever go on about the advertiser favouring one of the crows legends again we always have this to come back with.

The Geelong Advertiser did a similar thing IIRC, when there was all of the speculation about Garry Abblet leaving. They changed the name to Abbletiser. Kind of seems a bit silly, in retrospect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just been informed today that NEWS LTD have discontinued shipping the Tiser and sundee mail to sydney due to " the cost "

Must be terribly draining on the system to wrap a newspaper in plastic , drive it 6 kms to Adelaide airport and stick it on a plane.

:rolleyes:
Weeeeeeak-ahhhh

Like i didn't despise Murdoch already.

Yep, hence why it was posted in here. He also listed that trade twice in our list of trades for the week. It wasn't even an accidental double-printing of the item in the list - it was actually re-worded each time.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ipad/afl-wont-produce-an-equal-draw/story-fn6bqphm-1226178951061

I could deal with the 1st **** up, which was the banner on the adelaide now website

It comes out at 9:00am our time, not 9:30, it's 9:30 aEdt

But after the 2nd (1st line of the 2nd paragraph) I just can't deal with Rucci's idioticy over such a simple thing. IT'S 23 ROUNDS, with 22 games. Every team has a bye. What a friggin idiot.

Before someone pulls up the, why do you read a Rucci article, this is the first one of his I read in about a month, and 2nd I've read in about 3 or 4 months.

Good work Advertiser, you lost someone who was once trying to convince his parents to get the paper delivered 5 days a week rather than the 2 a we get now. All because you hung onto Rucci.

But after the 2nd (1st line of the 2nd paragraph) I just can't deal with Rucci's idioticy over such a simple thing. IT'S 23 ROUNDS, with 22 games. Every team has a bye. What a friggin idiot.

How about this one:

Malthouse's three-conference format with six teams in each division would need a 24-week home-and-away series and rely heavily on percentages to decide finalists.

Now in a 3 conference system, each conference would consist of 6 teams. If you play each other team in your own conference twice (2x5=10), and each team from the other two conferences once(1x(2x6)=12), then you play 22 games - NOT 24.

Similarly, doesn't every AFL draw rely on percentage to separate sides on equal wins.

How about this one:

Now in a 3 conference system, each conference would consist of 6 teams. If you play each other team in your own conference twice (2x5=10), and each team from the other two conferences once(1x(2x6)=12), then you play 22 games - NOT 24.

Similarly, doesn't every AFL draw rely on percentage to separate sides on equal wins.
jeeze, what a bloody idiot.

I'd rather Gus (Bulldogs supporter) had this job.

He's not as bloody idiotic.

(I picked him, because I know he's doing a journo degree at uni)

jeeze, what a bloody idiot.

I'd rather Gus (Bulldogs supporter) had this job.

He's not as bloody idiotic.

(I picked him, because I know he's doing a journo degree at uni)

Wouldn't mind jumping out of uni this friday right into SA's chief footy writer;)

But I think there are more qualified people around the place.

Michelangelo Rucci... Shakes Head.

Am i the only one that Michelangelo Rucci infuriates with his obvious 1 eyed blas to Port Power?

Be it his columns in the paper or radio show, any chance he gets to take a jab at the Crows or point out where and why Port Power do something 'well' sh!ts me to tears.

Use this thread to posts your anger towards this man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back