Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Lakers, Rabbitohs
Re: Michelangelo Rucci... Shakes Head.

Chris Dittmar and Rucci are 2.

The thing that shits me though is hes our chief football writer and he shows this blatent bias. If he was just a columnist or the like no problems. But the top dog, not very professional.

Honest question - did you feel this way when Geoff Roach was in the same role?

Sep 10, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
Haven't purchased a News Ltd publication in about 3 years. Absolute tripe.

I get the occasional free Sunday Mail after the footy, which shows you how well they're going. Hell, people still handed over coin for newspapers even during the Great Depression. Now they're givin' em away.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Today's Advertiser...

Back page = "Tredrea: How the AFL experiement has failed" (Hunt & Folau)

Page 85 (first sentence) = "The AFL's experiment with rugby league converts Hunt & Folau looks like failing" (accompanied by a pretty average shoop with a big FAILED stamp)

So, which is it? Has failed, or may fail?

Headlines such as the one on the back page are written by sub-editors to interest you in the articles inside... although they are not always an accurate reflection of the article. In this case, downright misleading. Tredrea said no such thing in the article. Sure, he lays out his reasoning and it's not too bad, in that they're not doing well enough and playing for struggling teams isn't going to help their development, although I'm pretty sure the AFL are looking at the exposure more than their individual results.

Piss poor, Advertiser, piss poor, you couldn't even keep a consistent message on the same page.

Back