The Advertiser - What a Newspaper

Remove this Banner Ad

In the week leading up to the NAB cup gf according to the advertiser we were playing essendon, who had lost to the saints that week end.

Have a look at the premiership table on the back page of todays Advertiser - there's only 15 teams listed. The Advertiser obviously decided to give one team the old heave ho.

Had to laugh at the Geoff Roach article caning the media for the Grant Hackett fat issue as being sensationalised journalism.

Yet he is the one who lets Rucci get away with such stuff every week in the Roast.

Must say though Rucci is spot on with his ABC conflict of interest crusade.

0,,6056654,00.jpg
Eagle Brent Staker and Tyson Stenglein battle for possession during their Round 9 clash at Subiaco. Picture: Kerris Berrington

From our trusty friends at AdelaideNow/HeraldSun with their "Superfooty" site (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/gameday/0,,5015541,00.html)

Clearly they know what they are talking about, its almost like they put the mistakes in on purpose just to test us.

Eagle Brent Staker and Tyson Stenglein battle for possession during their Round 9 clash at Subiaco. Picture: Kerris Berrington

From our trusty friends at AdelaideNow/HeraldSun with their "Superfooty" site (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/gameday/0,,5015541,00.html)

Clearly they know what they are talking about, its almost like they put the mistakes in on purpose just to test us.

WOW, they couldn't have got that more wrong if they tried :eek:
They really must do it to test us.

WOW, they couldn't have got that more wrong if they tried :eek:
They really must do it to test us.

Looks like Rucci gave the fact checker the day off with this great quote in todays powertiser

"Beating West Coast twice, Fremantle, Carlton, last-placed Melbourne, Essendon and, most probably, Richmond is - on their relevance to this year's premiership race - hardly a platform on which to start ordering a new pole at West Lakes for the 2008 AFL premiership flag"

And it only happended 2 weeks ago at a game Rucci actually attended!

In the Main Game lift out today:

Spotlight on - it's showtime
Michaelangelo Rucci

...Adelaide's training session at rain-soaked AAMI Stadium on Wednesday night was very much based on finding answers to the Crows' opportunity-starved attack...

Ahh I do believe it was Tuesday night :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turns out that Griffin was a first round draft pick, not a last round rookie pick.
Were they talking about Ryan Griffen, or more embarrassingly did they get Ryan Griffen and Jonathan Griffin confused? :eek:

They were talking ruck stocks at the time, IIRC it was an article about Maric.

Was that the one from a couple of weeks ago when they also claimed that whilst Griffin was the same age as Maric and Meesen (22?) he was drafted 2 years earlier in 2002, making him the ripe old age of 16? It wasn't even a typo as they claimed that he was also the 1st drafted of the 3, when in fact he was the 3rd drafted!

For the record, Griffin was rookie listed by us in 2004, same year as we picked up Meesen and Maric.

Is this bloke dead set serious, or is he having us on, have a read at the following and please tell me i havn't gone crazy:

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/sport/afl/story/0,26547,24087342-5014664,00.html

Winged Crow is still worthy

MICHELANGELO RUCCI | July 28, 2008 12:30am

• IT is time to send the All-Australian selectors - most of whom are domiciled in Melbourne - that annual reminder. Here goes.
MEMO: Marked to the attention of Gerard Healy and colleagues. Please take note that Jason Porplyzia, the wounded Crows small forward who refuses to give up on Adelaide's touch-and-go chances of playing in September's AFL finals merits All-Australian selection.
And - as could easily happen any time in the next five home-and-away matches or any final the Crows play - if Porplyzia's right shoulder gives way for the last time before Season 2008 ends, it is more reason, not less, to honour him as an All-Australian.
Porplyzia on Saturday night - after missing just one game, not the three expected - once again dislocated his right shoulder, courageously played on and guided the Crows back to the AFL's top eight with a five-goal performance worthy of All-Australian status.
Porplyzia's figures this season are stunning - not only in measuring his form this year, but his progress to a quality AFL player.
Porplyzia has played 16 matches in Season 2008 - one more than he played last year.
He has had 608 disposals this season - more than double last year's count of 266. He has kicked 54.35 - far more than last season's tally of 24.12.
He has put on 44 tackles . . . and to meet this genuine non-negotiable feature in the game of any self-respecting Crows forward takes genuine courage for Porplyzia considering his injury.
Porplyzia is just one slip away from his season ending by putting on a hard tackle.
It was that way in the second term at the cramped SCG on Saturday night when Porplyzia's three-goal burst in this quarter broke open a game built on a tedious arm wrestle between two battered sides.

Now just for a little reality, Joel Corey is currently leading the AFL for Disposals at 494 according to the AFL website, now according to the AFC website Porplyzia is 29 goals 14. Porplyzia is good, but geez better get me some of what rooch has been on, because with stats like those Porps'd have the Brownlow wrapped up.

Hahahaha, what a clown!

Hilariously his disposal count was 266 BEFORE LAST WEEKEND! He is now on 278 this season. He has had 608 disposals in his ENTIRE CAREER! He has kicked 54.35 in his ENTIRE CAREER!

Word of advice Rooch - the bold column means career stats, not current. http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/J/Jason_Porplyzia.html

I'm surprised that he didn't say, "despite nagging shoulder problems Porplyzia has managed to play a career high 42 games in 2008."

EDIT: By the way, if he was indeed on 608 touches in 16 games he would be averaging 38 per game (not bad considering he only had one touch against Collingwood before getting injured) and would be well on track to beat Robert Harvey's record of 756 in a season (records only since 1986).

Hahaha holy ****. When I read that I thought "Has he REALLY kicked 54 goals this season? That is amazing and I didn't think he was even close to that despite having a stellar year".

38 touches per game is also a pretty decent return ;). If those stats were true we would surely be in the top 4.

Vic Crow said:
I'm surprised that he didn't say, "despite nagging shoulder problems Porplyzia has managed to play a career high 42 games in 2008."

That is also quality!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back